Should He Stay?

YOUNG LOVE

 

Heechul smiled at his own reflection in the mirror. He was really excited about his new school. It’s been a week since he started tutoring Siwan, and he was glad that Siwan never gave him a hard time, so, yes, he was beyond happy. Stole a final glance to his clock, he grabbed his school bag and half running to the kitchen. Quickly finished his breakfast and put his shoes on. His parents can only shake their heads over their son’s behavior.

                 He took a really deep breath before entering the big school gate, admiring how big the school is. There’s a long pathway to the main building with big trees on each side, and wide grass field. There’s one extra building on each side of the main building, both connected to the main building. One is a library and the other is a sports center. He saw some students walking in groups and some walking alone. They all look rich, judging from their bags and shoes, made him wondering whether if they want to be his friends, but then again, he didn’t come to that school to make friends.

                Finding the teachers’ office wasn’t as hard as he thought, after asking some students he finally found the teachers’ office on the 2nd floor. A male teacher told him to wait in something like a waiting room until the bell rang before another male teacher wearing pink shirt, grey pants and grey tie came to met him.

                “Are you Heechul?” the male teacher asked him.

                “Yes Sir!” He answered and stood up from his seat.

                “Ahahah! Don’t be nervous! I’m your homeroom teacher! My name is Hwang Kwang Hee, call me Mr. Hwang or Kwanghee hyung is okay too! I’m only 23 years old btw! Oh! I heard Mr. Im personally gave you a scholarship to this school? That’s awesome you know!” Mr.Hwang is a really loud person he thought.

                “Oh...uh... Yes, I got a scholarship.... uhm.... aren’t we going to be late for classes?” He asked.

                Mr. Hwang glanced at his watch before panicking, “OMO! WE ARE LATE! OH MY GOD! Come on!”

                The next thing he knew was Mr. Hwang dragged him all the way to 3rd floor before they finally arrived in front of a classroom with a big 3-A written above the classroom door. He was still half panting when Mr. Hwang opened the classroom and yelling, yes, yelling a loud “Good morning class!!!”.

                “So, this is Heechul! From now on, he would be your new friend. Treat him well!!” Mr. Hwang introduced him to the whole class. He saw some girls waved at him with a smile on their face, too bad, despite of his good look, girls were not on his list of interesting thing. Some male students were smiling with welcoming face, and the others either don’t care or busy with their own thing.

                “I’m Jung Heechul, I hope we can be friends.” He was introducing himself when he heard an awfully familiar voice calling him.

                “Heechul! Oh my God! It’s really you!” and when he finally found the source of that voice, he wished he could disappear right there and then. Im Siwan was waving at him, smiling widely, and that was an unwanted attention.

                “Oh you guys know each other? It’s good then! Heechul, you can take a seat beside Woongjae!” Mr. Hwang said while pointing at an empty seat beside Siwan in the far corner near the big window.

                He was kinda forgot that Siwan also a student at Empire High School, for the fact that he’s Mr. Im’s son. And even if he did remember, he would never expect him to be in the same class as him. The whole class followed him with their eyes when he walked to his table. Wondering how the school owner’s son knew a new student like him.

 

 

                Heechul was cleaning his table when the first break bell rang when he felt a hand patted his shoulder, even before turning his head he already knew whose hand that was. He turned his head to see the hand’s owner’s face just to meet with a really wide smile from Siwan.

                “Yes?” He tried to be nice.

                “Mr. Hwang asked me to take you for a school tour!”

                “What? He asked you? Isn’t your father the owner of this school? Why would he ask you of all people?” he asked with a disbelief tone.

                “Oh well, actually.... I was offering myself...” Siwan scratched the back of his head.

                “It’s okay, I don’t need that,” He said before continuing cleaning his table.

                Disappointment was clear on Siwan’s face, “Oh okay then.... but if you need something... maybe... you can just ask me.”

                Before he could answer him, Siwan already left. He can only saw his back and thinking to himself whether if he hurt him.

                That day was also their tutoring day, so there he was, walking with a heavy step to Siwan’s house. He honestly felt guilty about his words earlier. Siwan seems genuinely want to be his friend, he was just don’t understand, out of all people, why him? When he was at school too, he saw Siwan was alone most of the time, he only talked to some people when needed. It’s not like there’s no one wants to be his friend, because some people obviously trying to get close to him, and there are like half dozen of girls trying to give him presents in a single break alone, but he would politely avoid them all.

                In front of the familiar big house, he pressed the bell, and as usual the old lady greeted him and took him to Siwan’s room. He knocked the door in front of him, but unlike usual, he heard nothing from inside the room. Usually, after 3 knocks on the door, he would hear something from inside, either Siwan’s voice, or the sound of someone tripped on something inside. Yeah, they only met about 4 times, but he already knew that Siwan was extraordinarily clumsy beyond words. He started to worried, Siwan maybe really angry at him.

                He tried to knock the door again when he finally heard a faint hum from inside. Something was not right. He braced himself to open the door and poked his head inside. He found a big bundle of blanket on bed, revealing only the owner’s head.

                “C..can I come in?” he asked.

                No answer.

                “Are you okay?”

                Still, no answer.

                “I’ll come in.” He finally decided that he should come in.

                He walked slowly towards Siwan’s bed, and surprised by what he saw. Siwan’s face was so pale, and he was sweating like rain.

                “Are you okay?” he wanted to slap himself for asking because it’s really obvious that the other boy was not okay at all. And when he tried to touch Siwan’s forehead, he surprised by the touch. Siwan’s body was burning.

                “Oh my God! You are burning! You need a doctor! Wait, I’ll ask someone to call a doctor!” but before he could move he felt a hand grabbing his wirst.

                “Don’t go... I don’t want to be alone...” Siwan was trying his best to talk properly.

                “But...”

                “Please..”

               And there, Heechul wondering whether if he should stay.

 

a/n: no proof read -____-; too lazy.... maybe later.... maybe....