--05--

Right or Wrong?

The smell of the chlorine had hit me like one of those over-scented perfumes. It's not bad..I just never been to an actual pool. 

"Jessiee~!" A high-pitched voice of some girl I didn't recognize, called me over to be with her friends. Hmm. I bet they're Yunho's fangirls. Everyone's only nice to me now, because of the Matching. 

"Hey." I say, even without a friendly wave. The water was almost freezing, but I bet it's because they haven't the water yet. 

Those girls kept asking me if I've done anything to Yunho and all that stuff. Ew. I'm not a , I can keep my hands and legs closed, thank you very much.

"
Okay, everybody! Get into your lines at the edge of the swimming pool! We're going to practice diving today. If you're afraid of deep waters, then you can go to Mrs. Kim on the other side!" The instructor woman sounded all cheery as she told us what to do. Then she saw us and her eyes widened. "Ah, high schoolers stay with me. The younger kids will go to Mrs. Kim, too!" 

The tiny children scurried over to the other side of the "pool," which is actually a really big lake, and started to go swim and splash each other constantly. 

"Into the pool!" 

As I dived into the lake, literally, it was freezing cold and I could barely move. 

"Jessica-ah. Or should I say, SooYeon-ah." 

SooYeon is my Korean name, but to make it easier for everyone, my parents changed my first name to Jessica and made SooYeon as my middle name. But who would know such a thing, besides my family and Krystal?

I turned around to see who the stalker was and it was..

"Changmin? Where..where've you been..?" My voice shook, as I randomly asked the question.

The thing is, he hasn't been around in forever. After some mysterious scandal broke out in the Districts, Changmin disappeared..possibly to the Outer Countries, where the Association doesn't have their control. 

"I've been to places...why? Do you really want to know that badly?" He raises his eyebrows and glares at me.

I get intimidated by his stare, and I almost just blankly looked at him. His eyes..ohmigosh. It's just so..so....

"BEEEEEP!" The instructor's whistle blows loudly in everyone's ear. "GO!" 

We all sighed and dived in orderly, like we were supposed to, even though the water was freezing. 

"Twenty-five laps, freestroke, here and back!" 

By the time I was on the eleventh lap, my arms were beginning to get a bit sore, since I haven't swam in two years. It's a good thing that this isn't too deep! I stopped at the opposite end of the diving area and I turned to the right. Changmin was already swimming like a fish and we just started! 

Few hours later, the instructor called off for today's activity and Changmin and I were left alone, after everybody left. 

"So..what are you doing here?" I say to break the awkward silence. Usually after activities, I stay at the pool for a few hours. 

"Same to you." 

I stare sharply at him. "It was only a question. No need to be so mean." Geez, people these days. I'm so glad that I'm already Matched with someone who's a lot better than this guy. 

He mimicked my tone and started to laugh a little.

"What?!" I shout, while my face is turning red. I hate it when people do this to me! 

"Nothing. You're pretty funny, you know that?" He looks at me, then starts laughing again. 

"Psh, so what?" I scoffed. I don't care what he thinks! He's only some Separation! 

"Let's have a race." 

"No! Absolutly not." 

"Pleeeeeease?" He stares into my eyes and he wouldn't stop, no matter how many times I try to push him away. 

"Fine, fine. But don't bother me anymore after this!" 

We had a thirty-lap race, but I was still sore from the previous races. I can't go on! 

On the twentieth lap, where I felt like I was going to die, he pulled me back onto the end of the pool and lifted me up onto the ground. 

"Why..why'd you do that? We were almost done.." I try to catch my breath, as I stare up into the sky. Stupid idiot. Trying to get into my way. 

"But you can't swim in that condition!" He put his hand onto my right cheek. "You seem to be getting a fever..." 

"I don't care!" I stand up. I wanted to go home and re-assign myself another activity. Anything to get away from this person.

Then he pulled my wrist and soon, he was holding me really, really, reaaaalllllllly close to him. WHAT IS GOING ON?! 

"You better listen to me, okay? You wouldn't want to dfe." 

"You're just some Separation. Besides, how'd you become one anyway? You barely do anything." I roll my eyes. 

"Parents did stupid things with drugs, then some family's son died, and I was allowed to be sent back here in the Korean District. My parents are already dead anyway. Are you happy now?" The way he sounded was so angry..so fierce..but also a bit upsetting. 

I release myself from his tightening grasp and I resist myself from becoming sympathetic. "Forget it. I'm going home." 

I put on my white dress and leave him behind, without looking back. I feel his stare, piercing through my back, as I run home which is close by. 

"Mom? Dad?" I call when I get home.

"Yes, Jessica?" I hear my mom reply. "Your father's at work. Are you worried about something?"

"Nah, it's just that, um, this Separation perso--"

"Changmin Shim?" 

Whoa. That was quick. "How'd you know?" 

"Everybody knows, sweetie." She smiles. "But be careful, okay? You wouldn't want him to do anything to you at your swimming activity." Her eyes look at me, up and down. 

"Why? He said his parents did something really bad and all those stories, but I don't get why is he a Separation." I keep confusing myself more and more, but I want to know the truth!

"Because before he was sent out with his parents, for their faults....he kept flirting with the female Matches." She looks into my eyes. "You have a very nice Match, so don't let yourself go loose with the Separation, okay? Go take a bath. Yunho will visit you very soon and we'll all have dinner here." 

I nod solemnly, as I walk up the stairs and into the bathroom. 

The bubbles were up to my mouth, but I really didn't care. I kept thinking to myself all night.

How will I stay away from Changmin and stay with Yunho, if I have to see them both constantly everyday in my life? 

=======

Well there you have Changmin and his life story~ I hope I didn't confuse you all too much ^^ Merry late Christmas :) 

(short A/N, I know, hahaaa.) 

=======