Two

Tell Me If This Is Love

 

Just like the last time I had seen the stranger, his body was moving flawlessly to the heavy beat and he seemed so much more elegant than any of the other lowlifes in this place. He was exactly like I remembered him - graceful, glowing and absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful. Although my memory hadn’t justified his looks at all. I just kept staring at him and the moment was perfect.

"Wufan?" I heard a voice call out. "Yah, Earth to Wufan!"

"I think we lost him," I registered Baekhyun saying and I turned my head in his direction without really looking at him. I snapped back to reality when I remembered that I wasn’t alone. Both of my friends were looking in the same direction as me, craning their necks in what seemed to be an attempt to spot the person that had caught my attention, but they didn’t notice anything special. Of course they didn’t see the same thing as me. I sent them a vague, wary smile.

"I’m here," I tried to convince them and apparently they bought it. Or at least one of them did. Chanyeol gave me a pat on the back before disappearing into the crowd, arms flailing wildly above his head. I grimaced at his embarrassing attempt to dance and suddenly I was somehow relieved that they left me alone most of the time. It was better than being seen with that.

Baekhyun kept looking at me with narrowed eyes, he was always more attentive than our scatter-brained friend. "Are you sure you’re alright?" he asked, not overlooking the still distant expression in my eyes. Once more I assured him I was fine and before I even really noticed, he had disappeared as well. And as usual I was left alone at the bar.

I inhaled deeply and turned my gaze back to the guy on the dance floor. He seemed so absorbed in his movements, but he still managed to shoot smiles at the people around him who were showing interest in him. I considered whether or not to approach the guy, going over the pros and cons in my head. We seemed to click for the short amount of time we were dancing the other night. Pro. He had a boyfriend. Con. Definitely. He was freaking gorgeous. Pro. Or con, considering how he made my thoughts totally incoherent whenever he as much as gazed at me and smiled.

I was still in the middle of contemplating when someone else made the decision on my behalf. In the same moment, the dancer spotted me and he lit up in a smile that made me blush. Right away I felt like the biggest loser in the world for blushing because I was Wufan and I never ing blushed. I ended up smiling goofily back at him. He gestured for me to come closer. Once my legs agreed to move I complied. My heart rate kept increasing steadily as I fought my way towards the part of the dance floor he was occupying. . This was bad.

Bright eyes shone at me when I finally reached him. Hello, he mouthed. I waved in return. He said something else that I couldn’t hear over the music so I frowned, which made him laugh. He placed his hands on my chest - I begged to whatever higher power was watching over me that he couldn’t feel the way he made my heart pound because of it - and rose a bit on his toes to speak into my ear. "I’m Luhan." The breath that ghosted over my neck made me shiver. I answered with my name and he smiled. "Nice to meet you, Wufan," he answered in my native tongue. The way he spoke was enticing and it made me regret that I hadn’t had the chance to hear his voice sooner.

"Do you want to grab a drink?" I suggested, jerking my thumb over my shoulder to emphasize my question. I wanted to talk to him, to find out everything about him, but the vibrating techno music on the dance floor made it difficult. He smiled with a nod to accept the offer and grabbed onto my arm with both hands as I began pushing my way through the crowd. I’m sure I rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but all I could focus on was the feeling of the shorter guy’s warm palms pressed against my biceps. I could feel the heat of him even through the fabric of my shirt.

The guy kept close to me the whole time and followed me to the bar where he sat on one of the tall barstools. His breath was heavy from the dancing, but he wasn't too exhausted to wave the bartender over to place his order. "Two rum and coke," he requested, holding up two fingers to make sure to get his point across over the beat of the music that still drowned out some of the sound of our voices, and the guy behind the bar immediately complied.

Luhan turned his attention towards me again, smiling at me in that way that made my heart flutter in the most inconvenient way. I had to clear my throat before I could even talk to him. "Where’s your boyfriend today?" I asked, trying not to sound too offensive. To be honest the thought still kind of made me want to punch someone. I felt ridiculous for being jealous.

There was a twitch in the corner of Luhan's mouth, but I wasn't entirely sure what that meant. His eyes glistened. "He’s… elsewhere occupied," he spoke. I nodded slowly as I sipped on the rum and coke that had just been handed to me. My face scrunched up at the sharp taste of alcohol. "Actually he’s on a date," it was explained further.

"A date?" I was surprised to hear this. At the same time it made me optimistic. "So, you have kind of an open relationship?"

He laughed. "Yeah, I guess you can call it that," he said, smirk still playing on his lips. I nodded pensively. So maybe I had a shot with him anyway. He took another sip of his drink before speaking: "I suppose you’re referring to the gorgeous guy who suddenly whipped me away the last time we met." I nodded again, frowning a bit at the recollection of it as well as his use of the word ‘gorgeous’. He laughed once more. "Actually he’s not my boyfriend. He’s just my roommate and he's a really, really good friend." His eyes twinkled in my direction.

"Oh." I breathed a sigh of relief.

Unfortunately the other noticed that and he leaned a bit closer, leaning his chin in his hand. "Why, were you hoping you had a shot with me?"

I blinked. Wufan! This is your time to dazzle! Use your skillful wit to make him yours. At least say something. Anything. Okay, well… just don’t stare at him like you’re a complete retard and… great, there you go. I wanted to slap myself. This wasn't like me. I never got flustered, I could seduce anyone. "I-I… I don’t know," I finally managed to babble. "I… guess I just… uh." I laughed nervously and looked down. "I’m sorry."

"Don’t be." His eyes were smiling at me. "I think it’s kind of adorable." Again with the blushing, huh? I was having trouble looking at him. He was too blinding and the second I had thought that thought through my mind was beating me up for using an adjective as cheesy as that to describe someone's looks. I wasn't sure if I liked the effect this guy had on me. "Not much of a dancer, are you?" he asked to change the subject, one of his smiles now curving at his lips.

"Oh, I can dance," I said confidently. "I just prefer to do it in places that are not filled with sweaty, -crazed retards." I cast a glance in the direction of the dance floor, conveniently spotting the crown of Chanyeol's head bobbing above the masses at the same moment. I rest my case, I mentally added before I turned back to Luhan with a small smile, which faded when I saw the expression of disbelief he was wearing. I guess he enjoyed clubbing enough to be hurt by my statement. I averted my gaze to the floor.

Surprisingly he ended up just shrugging. "It's okay, I understand that not everyone likes this like I do. I just love to dance and I love it when people look at me while I dance." He trailed one finger along the edge of the glass that was standing on the bar. "What about you, Wufan-ssi, don't you have anything you're passionate about?"

"I'm a business major. And you can call me ge, by the way."

He cocked a brow in amusement. "So you automatically assume that I'm younger than you?"

"Well, aren't you?"

"Depends. How old are you?"

"Going on twenty-two, how old are you?"

He smirked and he sat upright in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest as a triumphant expression took over his features. "Then I'm older than you, because I already turned twenty-two."

"No way." I cast a wide-eyed glance at him, looking him up and down. He definitely looked younger than me. By several years, even. If we hadn't been at a club I could have easily mistaken him for being too young to be there, but I knew the doormen wouldn't have let him in if he wasn't old enough. "You're not twenty-two. You can't be. That's impossible." His pouty face was probably the cutest thing I had ever seen. "How the hell are you twenty-two years old?"

"I'm twenty-two years in the way I was born twenty-two years ago," he huffed and stuck his tongue out at me when I laughed at his expression which came off more cute that indignant. Soon he was laughing with me, though. His laugh was even better than his smile, I thought to myself.

One hour of talking turned to two and the number of drinks we had consumed gradually increased as well. I learned quite a lot about Luhan. He came from China like I did and that he was in Korea to study and that he was a biology major despite the fact that he loved to dance more than anything. He talked about his parents, who wanted him to become a doctor, and his friends and his roommate Yixing, who was apparently a cradle robber if you were to believe Luhan, and his pet hamster Baozi. He talked a lot. It was nice, though. I enjoyed listening to him speak and watching his gestures and eager expressions as he did so.

Another thing I learned was that the almost constant supply of rum and coke was making my head buzz and caused the room to feel stuffy. Luhan seemed to notice because he frowned and asked me if I was alright. "Just a bit dizzy is all," I mumbled.

"You're not much of a drinker, are you?"

"Not at all," I admitted and he let out a light chuckle.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even consider that." I found that it was hard to focus on his face, but I could clearly see the frown that was etched into his features. I didn't like that expression on him. "Hey, do you want to go outside and get some fresh air, maybe?"

The arm Luhan wrapped around my waist to support me made a tingle travel all the way up my spine and I had to try very hard to focus on my breathing rather than his touch. It was difficult to do that, though. We made our way towards the exit with his arm around me and my arm slung over his shoulders. I should have probably told my friends that I was leaving, but at the moment there were other things occupying my mind. Luhan, mainly, and the way he felt when he was pressed against me.

The moment we stepped outside I could feel my head clear up. The air was warm and slightly humid this night, but it was much better than the atmosphere inside the club. Luhan helped me sit down on the curb and he sat down next to me and kept a comforting hand up and down my back. "I hate drinking," I mumbled, clutching my head. I was sure this was going to turn into quite the hangover.

He let out a short laugh. "You should have said something."

"I wanted to impress you." I didn't miss the blush that grazed his face and that made me feel a little bit better about myself. I grinned and poked his cheek. "I should probably go home, it's getting kind of late." I stood up on wobbly legs and made my way towards my car. It wasn't until I had unlocked the door and opened it that I noticed the way Luhan was staring at me. I blinked. "What?"

"You’re not going to drive, are you?"

I furrowed my brow, mimicking his expression. "Why not?"

"Because all that rum and coke you've been drinking will most likely get you arrested for driving under the influence. Or worse, you'll end up in a hospital." He smiled. I realized he was right and slammed the door shut with an irritated sigh.

"Well, at least it’s only a few blocks," I mumbled.

"I’ll walk you home," he offered. I didn’t need anything but his smile to agree.

There were not a lot of people out at this time of the night so we were all alone as we strolled along the sidewalk. Every time Luhan laughed I felt refreshed. There was something about this guy, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it made me feel comfortable and I liked it a lot. It seemed like the most natural thing in the world when he took my hand and intertwined our fingers. Or maybe I was drunk. Yeah. Definitely drunk. Luckily the fresh air had cleared my head a bit and I was at least able to keep some of my already practically nonexistent cool.

Like I said I only lived a few blocks away from the club, so it didn’t take long for us to get to my apartment building. Unfortunately, in my opinion. "This is me," I said with a soft sigh. He turned to me and looked me right in the eye. If the light hadn’t been so dim, the flush on my face would probably have been very noticeable. I cleared my throat. "Goodnight, Luhan." I meant to walk away, but the shorter man put his arms around my neck and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist by instinct and melted into it without much struggle. There was a faint scent of strawberries clinging to his skin and clothes.

When he pulled away he left his arms around my neck. His eyes locked onto my slightly parted lips. Then his gaze drifted up to meet mine and he sent me a small, careful smile. "Goodnight," he whispered. Our faces were so close together at this point that I could feel his breath ghosting over my skin. I trembled slightly at the warm feeling spreading in my stomach. I had had many girls in my arms - believe me, many girls - but that feeling was never there. This was new for me.

It was also something new when I suddenly pressed my mouth softly against his in a chaste lock of lips. At first he seemed surprised by this as well, but eased into it. In fact he began to deepen the kiss and when I moaned, he took advantage of it and pushed his tongue into my mouth. My eyes widened. The way the intruder was teasingly encouraging my tongue to play along was enough to make my knees weak. I tentatively let the sleek muscle stretch out to meet his, soon realizing that I enjoyed the feeling of him my tongue into his the warmth of his mouth.

The hungry groan I accidentally let out when Luhan pulled away to catch his breath sounded pathetic and desperate even to me. He rested his forehead against my shoulder. A soft laugh escaped him between his breathless panting. He was laughing at me and that knowledge made my skin flush even more with equal parts of embarrassment and arousal. I buried my face in the crook of his neck in an attempt to hide it. The way he tilted his head slightly to the side and practically purred when my skin came into contact with his did not help at all and I took a rash decision. "Do you want to come up?" I whispered. My heart skipped a beat when he nodded.

 

~*~

 

A/N: ugh. and this is the point where I'm starting to regret my decision to post this story. OTL I knew from the beginning that I wasn't going to be pleased with it and to be honest I only did it because I didn't want to waste the I had written. I should have just kept the part of it and ignored the rest of the attempted storyline. sigh. oh well, here it is, what's done is done.
so yeah... in this chapter duizhang is a loser (what else is new lolololol), luhan is totally adorbs, wufan's friends are idiots and that's pretty much all I have to say. oh, and an extra ten points to gryffindor if you guess who yixing's boyfriend is ("
his roommate Yixing, who was apparently a cradle robber if you were to believe Luhan"). it's not like it's hard to guess or anything, the choices are limited.
the next chapter coincides with wufan's birthday, which is exactly why I decided to post this story like this. I wanted chapter three to be posted on wufan's birthday (tuesday), so that's what's going to happen. you can probably all see why I chose to do it this way. I mean, I think it's pretty obvious what's going to go down in the next chapter, right?

  

bonus krispaca (because he treats that thing like it's his baby, I swear to god):