One

Tell Me If This Is Love

 

The bass pumped steady beats through the horde of bodies writhing under the flashing, colorful lights of the dance floor. Tonight was a night just like every other Friday night where Chanyeol and Baekhyun, the idiots who dared call themselves my friends, had decided to drag me to yet another club. And of course they had blended in with the aforementioned horde of bodies as soon as we got there, leaving me hanging at the bar alone like a loser.

I let out a heavy sigh as I ordered another overprized drink. The man who was standing behind the counter constantly shot me what seemed to be annoyed glances, most likely because I just kept ordering beverages with no type of alcohol in them and he was obviously hungry for money. I didn’t really like the taste of alcohol, though, so I stuck to drinking coke instead. Still, I was slowly burning a hole in my wallet. Despite the lack of alcohol, these things weren't cheap.

The guy behind the bar returned with my order after a few minutes and placed the glass in front of me with a bit of a sneer and a taunting, slurred comment about my masculinity or rather lack of same. For a moment I considered turning around to retaliate, but I decided against it, seemingly much to his dismay. I just didn't want to waste my time arguing with someone like him.

So I merely ignored his spitefulness and turned my attention back to the dance floor to see if I could spot one of the guys who had dragged me to this place and tell them I was getting the hell out of there. I had been there for almost an hour, I had given it a chance like I had promised them I would, I still wasn't interested. I didn't even want to come in the first place. My so-called friends were definitely going to pay for this once I got a hold of them.

Something else caught my attention instead, however. Or rather someone. As the crowd parted, a person in the center of it was hit by one of the spotlights and I found myself positively ogling. Every single thing about this person was amazing. The way his lean body moved so skillfully to the beat of the music pouring from the speakers. The way his honey-colored hair caressed his nape, looking so soft that I wished I could just run my fingers through it to find out if it really was - a thought that I quickly dismissed because it made me feel like a creep. The way his smile seemed to light up everything and turned his large doe eyes into crescents.

The only apparent problem was that this person was obviously a guy and I usually preferred female ia over male. That didn't change the fact, of course, that this person made heat coil in my stomach in a way that couldn't be misinterpreted. The guy was without a doubt attractive and had me considering playing for the other team, even if it was only this once. I figured I could make an exception.

Although I loathed the dance floor because of all the rubbing and pushing these primitive individuals daringly referred to as 'dance' that took place there, I still made my way through the maze of sweaty and grinding bodies just to be able to talk to this guy. He was shorter than me, I noticed when I came closer. A few inches shorter in fact, but I liked that. I sent him my best smile, the one that had won over so many girls in the past, the one I was confident about.

It all fell to the floor as soon as he turned around and glanced at me through long lashes. He gave me a onceover, pursed his lips thoughtfully, then smiled at me as if he had agreed with himself that he approved. He began to dance again and I made a pathetic attempt to keep up with him. I was usually a decent dancer, but the crowdedness made me uncomfortable. His moves, however, were uninhibited. It was as if his skin reflected the light and made him look like he was radiating a golden glow. I’m sure the way I was staring at him, mouth hanging open and all, looked completely unattractive, but he just grinned at me, which was endearing too, by the way.

I would say that we danced together for a while, but that would be unfair as he did most of the actual dancing and I kind of just stood there swaying, staring at him like a moron. I was happy that way, though, merely observing him. I didn’t mind. It was all fine until I suddenly received a hard push in the back from one of the surrounding goons and found myself stumbling towards the guy in front of me, arms flailing in the air to keep my balance. I miraculously managed not to fall over, but bumped into him nonetheless. Upon contact he let out a gasp and stopped dancing in favor of clutching at my arms to remain standing.

"I’m sorry," I apologized quickly. "I’m so sorry." He looked at me, blinking. He had to lean his head back a bit to do so. I was afraid that he would tell me to get lost, but he just shone another smile in my direction. An involuntary shiver raked through my entire body when he decided to include me in his dance. He turned his back on me, put his arms around my neck, rubbed his backside against my groin in a way that had me gasping for air. I bit down on my own tongue to strangle the moan rising in my throat before it managed to escape me.

The other's small form writhed in front of mine. He grabbed my hands and ran them down his tight body, ending up placing them on his own gyrating hips. He did everything he could to get me into the dance, but I just stood there, completely frozen on the spot and unsure of what to do. It wasn't that I didn’t want to dance with him, because I did, I really did. The heat spreading in my lower regions was just so painfully evident that I was afraid that I was going to ruin the moment if I made the wrong move.

When it became apparent to him that I wasn’t going to cooperate, he pulled away again, shooting me a quick pout before he went back to doing his own thing and all of a sudden I felt like I had ruined every little chance I may have had and I wanted to apologize to him. I didn't get the chance to, however, before another guy approached us. He gave me an appreciative onceover, eyebrow cocked. Then he grabbed the hand of the one I had my eyes fastened on. They exchanged a few whispered words and both laughed and I suddenly felt like one big joke even though I didn't even know if they were laughing at me.

Before I could do or say anything both of them began to make their way through the crowd and in a matter of seconds I had lost sight of them. My eyes scanned the crowd almost frantically. I finally found the two guys near the exit. They were still holding hands, I noticed bitterly, fingers laced. The bile that welled up in my throat at the realization that I was in fact jealous was rather unsettling.

Right before the two of them disappeared into the darkness of the wardrobe, the one I had danced with turned his head, eyes scanning the crowd just like mine had moments earlier. It didn't take long for him to spot me on the dance floor since I towered over pretty much everyone there and he sent me another one of those sweet smiles followed by an air kiss. Then he vanished along with the other male.

As soon as they were gone I felt my heart drop. I stood frozen on the spot once more and didn’t know what to do. Should I follow him? Should I try to get his number or at least his name? A few people glared at me and I figured they were irritated at me for taking up valuable space that could be used for dancing, or that thing they called dance, anyway.

Instead of picking any of the aforementioned choices I fought my way out of the crowd and placed myself at the bar again where I continued to annoy the bartender with my useless orders. So the guy had a boyfriend. For some reason that realization made me feel like punching someone in the face and I didn't know why. I didn't know why I even cared. It’s not like I was into guys anyway. Although, I thought to myself as I self-consciously shifted to adjust my position, the way my pants had tightened just a few minutes prior suggested something else. This was confusing. I was supposed to like girls. "I like girls!" I said out loud as if to convince myself.

"Good for you," the bartender said unenthusiastically as he handed me my order. I scowled at him, but he just shot me an unimpressed glance in return before he went to serve the girls in the opposite end of the bar.

"Hey, Wufan." A big lump of an arm was suddenly slung around my shoulders and Chanyeol leaned on me as he ruffled my hair. I winced a bit at his action. I had spent quite a long time styling my hair before leaving the apartment, he should know that. I considered bringing it up, but subsequently realized that he probably wouldn't care.  "Having fun?"

"Not really," I spat out and pushed his arm off me, fixing my hair. "I want to go home."

"Come on, don't be such a downer." He shot me one of his stupid grins that made him look like a crazy person, eye twitching and all. "We almost just got here. There are lots of foxy ladies who are dying to have a good time." He sent a suggestive wink at a pack of girls who were standing a few feet away and they giggled and began to whisper among each other. I rolled my eyes. "Just loosen up a bit." Chanyeol gave me a bonecrushing pat on the back and I didn't even get to say anything else, before he had magically vanished once more. I exhaled harshly. I still questioned my choice of associating with that guy.

I didn't notice that someone had walked up to me before said someone spoke. "Hi." It was a soft, pleasant female voice and I turned around slowly to face her. She was a petite girl, more y than cute with dark brown curls that fell softly around her face, pink lips and large eyes surrounded by black lashes. She was wearing a tube dress that might as well have been a really long top with a large belt around her waist. Was she attractive? Definitely. Was she special? Definitely not. She introduced herself, extending a delicate hand for me to take.

"Wufan," I answered with my own name. Come sunrise I would have forgotten hers. With the way she spoke, the way she rubbed against me, the way she incorporated subtle touches into her movements it wasn't hard to tell what she wanted from me. I smirked. "Do you want to get out of here?" I asked bluntly with my lips pressed against her earlobe, both to be heard over the loud music but also because I had discovered that she seemed to enjoy it. She smiled and nodded.

I led her to my car and we drove to my place without exchanging many words. We didn't really have much to talk about anyway. We made out as we waited for the elevator. I got her on my bed, I got her undressed, we ed, I fed her some stupid excuse about how I had to get up early the next day and she gathered her belongings and left. The was nice but mediocre and nothing out of the ordinary. I mostly did it to convince myself that I was still into girls, but when she had left, I was just even more confused. I got off from having with her, but the entire time I was unable to think of anything but the dancer and the way his had felt pressed up against me. .

It turned out that I just couldn't get him out of my head. In my every waking hour the image of him was there in the back of my mind, eyes sparkling and smile glowing. I could still remember the way his skin had felt under my hands when I accidentally brushed his bare arm. I shivered at the thought before shaking my head violently to stop the thoughts of him from clouding my mind. I had other things I needed to focus on. I had school, I had homework, I had work. I couldn't allow myself to be distracted by the thoughts of a person I was probably never even going to see again.

What didn't help any, however, was the fact that he began haunting me in my dreams too. That was when those beautiful lips of his would get to work on me, if they were not occupied by the moans that left them. In the dreams I would get to touch every last inch of his skin, every single drop of perspiration from his fit body as I felt his hands on mine. And eventually I would wake up, drenched in sweat and another bodily fluid making my underwear stick to my thighs. It was driving me out of my mind. What was making me even more frustrated, though, was the fact that I didn't even know which name to call out whenever I came into my own hand with the thought of him me off filling my head. I was determined to find out, however.

Fortunately I managed to hide from my friends how ing desperate I had become. It had come so far that I went to the club every day, despite my hatred for that place, just to see if that guy was there. I needed to talk to him. I needed to know his name. So when I suggested that we should go to the club once more Baekhyun let out an exhausted exclaim. "You want to go there again? But we were there yesterday!"

"And the day before that," Chanyeol interjected, sounding just as tired. "And the day before that and the day before that and the day before that and-"

"Shut up!" Baekhyun and I yelled in unison. His mouth clammed shut.

"Please," I begged. They both made an aggravated expression at my whining tone. They hated when I was being whiney like that, even though it rarely happened. I clasped my hands together in a pleading gesture. "Can’t we go just one more time, please, pretty please."

The two exchanged glances. "Okay, what’s going on?" Chanyeol narrowed his eyes suspiciously and pointed an accusing finger at me. "You never wanted to go with us to the club before, we always had to force or threaten you - and now you’re literally begging us to go." I opened and closed my mouth nervously, eyes flickering.

Baekhyun snapped his fingers as if it had just hit him. The way he was grinning made me uneasy. He rested his chin on the back of his folded hands with a smug expression as he looked me up and down. I eyed him warily in return. "You met someone there, didn’t you?" My eyes fluttered even more and he slammed his hands against the table in a triumphant gesture. "Oh my god, you did! I knew you didn't go home alone that night! What's her name? Is she hot?"

"Shut up, I didn’t meet anyone, I just want to go to the club, that’s all," I persisted, crossing my arms stubbornly. My glower only made them laugh.

"Alright, alright, if it means so much to you, we’ll go." The smile that spread on my face at the sound of their affirmative response didn’t seem to lessen their suspicions at all.

Nonetheless we were standing in line in front of the club a few hours later. I was tapping my foot restlessly against the pavement. I didn’t want to wait in line. What if he was in there right now and left before I got there? I sighed. "Come on," I mumbled through my teeth. There were only a few people in line in front of us, a group of unusually loud and unusually drunk girls that Chanyeol had already tried to score with and failed despite their state of intoxication.

We ended up waiting for the better part of an hour before our turn was finally up and we were let inside. The first thing I did as soon as I entered the club was crane my neck, looking hopefully towards the dance floor. In the horde of faces there was only one I wished to see, the one I had been waiting for to show up for a few days now. I was hoping to see just a flash of golden hair.

The longer I looked the more I gave up hope. It didn't seem like he was there today either. I felt my heart practically come to a halt when the sea of bodies parted and I finally spotted that one face among all the others, the one I had been looking for. It was him. He was there.

 

~*~

 

A/N: please keep in mind that this is the third fanfic I ever wrote in my entire life, I just tweaked it a little bit to make it fit the  new characters I picked out for it and to make some of the REALLY awkward sentences less, uh... cringe-worthy.
with that being said; hi! welcome! thanks for reading! this is the first chapter out of four and I'm sorry if it's kind of boring, but so is duizhang (in this story, at least) so it's all good, right? this chapter isn't rated (although I'm kind of wondering if I should make it rated with the drinking and the swearing and the ing???), however, there will be rated chapter(s) in the future. honestly I don't even know what I'm doing with this, but I wrote it and I love krishan and it's a waste of 11000+ words not to post it so here it is. \o/ I hope you like it, at least.
the next chapter will be posted on saturday because I'm doing that whole twice a week thing that I normally do with stories like this and I hope you guys are going to stick around for that update. if you don't, no hard feelings~. :b if you're disappointed with this story, you can always go read this instead... of course you can also read it if you like this story. uh. yeah. I'm going to stop talking now.
BYE!