Ilhoon/Hyunsik

Request Dump

 

Giant pillars with vines carved into their sturdy stone frames stretch lots and lots of feet in the air, turning into ornate arches closer to the ceiling. Ilhoon thinks the design is entirely too pompous for a simple school like this yet in the past few minutes he has managed to become quite intimately acquainted with this exact hallway as he paces the marble floor, trying - and continuously failing - to muster up enough courage to actually enter the room he is standing in front of.

More times than one he has approached it, intent on just going in there and completing the task he has in mind, but every time he has chickened out with his hand just barely poised to push the door open and turned around on his heel to start pacing again. This is no easy task. It takes another five minutes for him to throw caution to the wind. He takes a deep breath and exhales slowly before thinking 'oh, screw it' and marching towards the large, glass paned door.

In hindsight barging into a library is probably a pretty terrible idea. The librarian shoots Ilhoon a dirty look - they haven't been on very good terms since that one time where Ilhoon accidentally started a small fire in the library's music section - and he purposely pretends not to notice it, instead making a beeline for the one person he has his eyes on.

Im Hyunsik, resident genius, jumps in his chair when Ilhoon suddenly slams his hands down on the table he's sitting at. Ilhoon really didn't mean to be so loud, but it's kind of too late to not do it so he tries to pretend it didn't happen. Slowly Hyunsik tears his eyes away from the book - advanced algebra, Ilhoon idly notices because he's totally cool and observant like that - and his homework that is lying in front of him to glance up at the younger male and, oh my God, he's wearing glasses today, oh God, no, help, abort mission, helppp. "Ilhoon, wh-?"

Ilhoon cuts the other off by clearing his throat loudly and is of course immediately shushed by the librarian who hates his guts, which he ignores once more. Ignoring her makes her pissed, but Ilhoon honestly doesn't think that she can dislike him more than she already does. "Well," he drawls. "I'd say you're looking mighty indefinite integral of e to the xy power today, hyung."

Hyunsik blinks. "I... wait, what?"

"If you come back to my room I promise you'll be magnesium iron silicate hydroxide." Hyunsik gapes and Ilhoon is internally panicking, but of course he can't show that he's panicking, that would be admitting defeat and Hyunsik hasn't laughed in his face yet and that's a good thing, right? Hyunsik just continues to gape for so long that it's starting to get awkward, like, really awkward. There are plans of homicide rapidly forming in Ilhoon's mind because he kind of wants to get back at his so-called friends for putting him up to this. The words 'forget it' are already at the tip of his tongue, ready to spill out.

But then Hyunsik snaps his mouth shut. "Uh," he says. "Can we at least have lunch or something together first?"

"Lunch?" Ilhoon exhales after a moment of holding his breath and the other frowns.

"Yeah. Lunch. You know... eating and stuff? Food?"

"Lunch," Ilhoon repeats pensively. He nods. "Yes. Lunch is good, right? Okay... okay. Lunch. Let's have it. Together." Smiling brightly, Hyunsik reaches out and lets his fingers form a circle around Ilhoon's slim wrist before the younger has the chance to react or resist. He tugs on his arm to pull him closer and then pushes up Ilhoon's sleeve, uncapping a pen with his mouth and holding the cap between his teeth as he scribbles his phone number across Ilhoon's forearm.

By the time Ilhoon is released his skin has started to tingle where the older is holding onto him. "Call me," Hyunsik says, smile still in place. Ilhoon nods dumbly. He values his life enough, however, to wait until he has actually left the library to cheer out loud.

 

~*~

seungjinki  on 11-9-2012 02:06:47 says: 

I wonder if you do BTOB or not? Cause if you do, I would love to request for some fluffy HyunsikxIlhoon. :D

A/N: I'm really sorry about this I know absolutely nothing about btob (other than the fact that changseob is a creeper and ilhoon hates skinship with a passion and sungjae looks scarily pretty as a girl and has a yoghurt obsession and peniel (/snorts forever at that name) is from chicago and minhyuk does acrobatics like oh wow) I don't even stan them and their music does nothing for me but ilhoonie is such qt and hyunsik is gorjess and together they're just adorbs and I'm sorry but I really wanted to write about them aaahhh. orz

also, I think this drabble requires some explanation;
the formula for "indefinite integral to the xy power" looks like this.
"magnesium iron silicate hydroxide" is a mineral and the more common name for it is this.

again, I apologize.