She has arrived Today!

I'm Dawn Marson: Your clumsy little vampire

 

“Prepare for landing!”

 

Everyone nodded at hearing the pilot say from the wide speakers. The private Airplane was zooming in; getting bigger to everyone’s view.

The head of the team steps forward and narrowed his eyes. “Everyone remembers the safety precautions right? If I say you cover your faces with your masks then you shall do so. We can not put our guard down, she is very powerful.”

“Yes sir!” The crowd chorused.

The airplane landed. Making everyone tensed. Each of them grips the masks that would save them once she comes out.

The door slowly opened.

Just a tiny bit of air that came out from the opening and everyone knew at once that the time has come to wear the masks with or without the order.

The head of the team was the last one to do this and with that tiniest amount of time…

He smelled it... that sweet, attractive and mouth-watering scent.

His eyes became sharper, he drew back his lips and fangs slid down dripping saliva from them. He has lost his composure! All he wanted to do now is get close to the scent. To eat it… to caress it… to drink its blood!

“Calm down Sir!” Some took hold of him to restrain him but he pushed them away!

Calm down? There is no time for that! Must kill! He must go after that scent!

The door was fully opened now. And the scent has spread like wild fire. It was too much for him.. it made the head of the team drain his sanity.

“GIVE HER TO ME!!!! I want her... I want her noww--”

 

SLASH!

 

First there was a hungry creature and then after a millisecond, there was only a limp body covered in a pool of blood.

 

 His head missing in action…

 

Inferior people cowered with wide eyes. They dare not to look up their master who killed him. “Insolent little fool! Should have never given that position to him. Clean this mess at once. Our guest is not used to see people dying.” The killer said with his low raspy voice.

Servants took action at once.

The killer turned to the other personnel of the team. “What is her schedule for today?”

The personnel checked her list and made sure she’d say it right. “The most complicated part of the mission my lord!”

“Really? Hmm,” the killer rubbed his chin and thought about this. “Okay, get her ready…”

 

“Our little vampire must go to a human school.”

 

---&---

 

“Good morning class! Open your lazy mouths and greet me back will you?”

“Good morning Mr Scrooge!”

Monday mornings indeed has its own ways to set people in a dull mood. Workers need to face horrible bosses, wives face loving husbands, and dogs catch cats! (Author’s note: Okay I’m being too random XD) Life is a work art! It builds a mutual understanding to every species that interacts.

Today the class of 3-A is practicing another mutual understanding. Students face boring teachers and teachers face lazy students.

A perfect combination indeed

No worries, there is something that would break Caltridge Academy’s dullness today.

“You rascals straighten up! I have a surprise for you all!” Mr Scrooge tapped the table with his wooden stick. The juniors groaned, thinking it would be another pop quiz.

But no, it’s far more than that.

“Complains eh? What if I tell you a transferee would be adding to your lot?”

Everyone gasped and all eyes widened at the news.

A hand shot up in the air. Mr Scrooge frowned; never did that student raises his hand during class. “What is it kid?”

“I’m just wondering sir, is our new buddy a HE or a SHE?” It was JB, the school’s famous handsome jock.

As the teachers answered boys gave whooping sounds and began to give high fives to each other. They look up to the ceiling as if they are seeing heaven. “THANK GOD IT’S A SHE!!!”

The girls pouted especially when they saw JB looking so happy for another girl.

“I hope she is hot!”

“Man, I have been aching to see a new chic in school.”

“I get to date her first, okay?”

Mr Scrooge can only sneer at the erted comments from the boys. We’ll see about that, he thought. “She came from Alaska. If you are not stupid you’d know that it’s a very cold place there. So be good to our ice princess, okay?”

Everyone nodded impatiently. The teacher dragged himself to the door and opened it. “Come in.”

The classroom was suddenly so quiet that even a needle dropping to the floor can be heard. The students were both excited and tensed to finally see the new face.

They heard shoes shuffling and finally the transferee has appeared.

“H-hello humans… I mean everyone, I’m Dawn Marson. Nice to meet you!” She smiled, a crooked one and waved her left hand. Only to be responded with stares

And mouths hanging open…

Tiffany, the head cheerleader of the school’s squad was the first one recover from the utter shock. And since she already did…

She burst out laughing!

Everyone looked at her for a moment and soon enough, every girl was laughing their hearts out as well. “Ha-ha! Th-that’s your ice princess?” Tiffany clutched her stomach as she went on laughing her heart out. “More like an ice nerd.”

“There you go boys, she is soo hot!”

“The newest chick indeed!”

“JR you said it yourself, you are dating her first.”

The girls fired back the comments to the smug boys; still not believing their bad luck.

Well, you see Dawn Marson is perfectly normal. The problem is… she doesn’t look like one.

She has thick curly hair that falls down to her shoulders. Despite of being from Alaska she has a tanned skin with a bothering texture. Her eyeglasses are making her black eyes two times big and the fact that she’s quite tall for her age is not helping her body at all, she only looks so skinny.

She’s wearing baggy pants and long sleeves that goes on forever. Well what can I say, she has already exceeded the high standards of a nerd.

And that’s not good; especially when you are in Caltridge.

“Okay Miss Dawn, let’s give you a seat.” Mr Scrooge was enjoying how his students were trying to hide their face, pretending to read a book and even putting things on an empty chair beside them. Unfortunately for JB, he stood out the most when he attempted to put a bubble gum on the vacant seat. “Hold it! Dawn you can seat with that gorgeous boy name JB who’ll have detention if that bubble gum really sticks!”

“oh man…” JB mumbled and popped the gum back to his mouth.

I know… yuck!

She slowly passed the aisle with utter amazement painted on her face. Humans… so many of them!

She reached her chair, sat and bowed to JB. “I’m your new seatmate. Please take care of me.” She then slowly smiled showing her teeth.

That’s when she completed her ‘nerd list’. JB saw metal braces as thick as metal cages.

“YOW! What on earth are you hiding there?” JB howled causing people to laugh.

Dawn pursed her lips and looks away. She almost forgot to NEVER show her teeth to anyone. It might scare them.

“Let’s start kids! Today you’ll watch Happy Feet 2 while I sleep. Then you’ll make reaction papers, how does that sound?”

Everyone’s heads turned when they heard someone clapping. It turned out to be Dawn… again. “Did I do something wrong? The books said you must clap when something exciting happens.”

Everyone sighed and shook their heads; all of them sharing the same thought: Ignore her, she’s a weirdo.

Classes went on and Dawn’s nicknames given to her increases every minute. For the past six hours, she has been bumped with almost 20 people and was tripped by almost 6 people in the corridors. All her books were crumpled after half the period because of people shoving them to the ground “accidently.”

It was… how we can say it… a very different way to welcome a transferee. Or in other words, it is a rude welcome.

But Dawn isn’t really that affected to it. Because half the time she doesn’t know the real intentions of their actions and half the time she’s very busy at taking everything that is in a school. She found the blackboard and feels its texture. She’d see a laptop and she’d stare at it until a teacher would scold her. She’d see the cafeteria and she’d go smell all the food but not eating even one.

Everything was amazing! Even the dustbins took her attention.

 

RRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

 

Students bolted to the door at once when they heard the class bell. Classes are finally done… hell is done!

While other students run to the school bus, Dawn went out of the school and made her way to the nearby forest. She makes sure no one was around other than her. When it was all clear, she took of her black shoes, exposing her pale feet and stuffed them on a bag. She took hold of the slings of her bag and made sure to grip it tight. “Here we go!”

 

And then she ran so… so fast.

 

Wind passed by her like rocket and trees were zooming in and out like a video game in her eyes. Her feet barely feeling the rough earth under her; she sighs as she watches animals disappearing in a millisecond. How fast am I? She thought, 50 mph? 30 miles per hour? Any car would probably insulted but it was true… she is that fast.

Five minutes later, she is facing a humongous oak door without any doorknob. She guessed pushing it was the only way to get in. This is the house of the top Rovans; a big Manor for the guardians of the Royalties. One guard offered to help but Dawn knew he’d probably go insane with her scent if he gets close.

So she gave a light push with her index finger and the 20 ton oak wood moved like a piece of plastic. The guard has fallen in shock. Dawn just bowed and went in.

She went inside the grand mansion and whispered that she’s home. Two seconds passed and servants coming from a 500 meter range appeared in an instant. “Welcome milady.” They said in chorus.

“Milady please take off you disguise, the Royal chief of Rovans will meet you soon.”

She nodded and stood in front of a wall covered with a wide mirror. She slowly pulled her curly wig and long silky black hair fell to her waist. She peeled of the artificial tanned skin, exposing her radiant white skin. The metal braces and glasses came out next aw well as her long sleeves, leaving a block blouse.

She’s exposed by now and her scent spread throughout the whole mansion. 2 sharp razor fangs slid down to every mouth at once. They stared at the stunning creature in front of them and gripped whatever they are holding to stop themselves from attacking Dawn.

“Such scent… such aura… such beauty!”

They were all drawn to her, attracted to her both in a good and bad way.

Dawn on the other hand, ignored all of them. She took a mental note to get used to this queer attention. “You’re not going to eat me right?” she said jokingly.

“We are trying not to, milady.”

She giggled at the butler’s response. She leans on the mirror and starts to take off her contact lenses. “I have lot’s of nicknames in school you know!” She shared particularly to no one. “They said I’m a nerdy ice princess with a scabby skin. I also happen to be a weird brace girl, an attention seeker book obsessed any so many more! I didn’t know school can be fun!”

Everyone looked at each other. Even if they weren’t human it was quite obvious that those nicknames aren’t good right? Clearly she is a naive little girl.

“Ah! Finally took them off! Naughty little lenses!” Dawn Marson rubbed her eyes and looked at the mirror once again.

 

It shows a reflection of a very beautiful woman with… 2 red crimson eyes!

 

This was it, a deadly aura hiding behind an ugly disguise.

 

She smiled and two fangs dropped completing the set.

 

“S-so it’s true then,” She heard someone with the right courage finally spoke out. “You are one of the strongest in our generation!”

Dawn shrugged and caressed the mirror, she tapped a little and a tiny crack appeared. She was so surprised she took one step back not knowing that there is a table behind, she knocked that too. Her foot rubbed the floor and the carpet was torn due to her strength.

“I guess I get my answer then.” The one who asked muttered, looking at the mirror.

“No! I’m not the strongest or anything!” Dawn said while gracefully shaking her head.

“I-I’m just Dawn… who happens to be so clumsy. Sorry!”

 

She ran away and went to her room; I’m just Dawn, your clumsy vampire…

 

She gave out a small smile. "My life starts here." She walked towards the closet and looked for something pretty decent to wear.

 

 

After all she is meeting her new brother soon.

 

 

 

 


Okay... boring chappie? I'm sorry to disappoint you fellow readers. I can't introduce people yet since it is the very beginning. I am also arranging my plot sooo.... anyways it is a double update.... Maybe you'll find the next chappie interesting.