3

.those little paper cranes.

--- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) ---

Luhan had two days left and he had two more to go.

'I am almost done.' Luhan thought. He was surprised that he was able to get it done and he just had two more to go.

"I am proud of you." Sehun said as he patted Luhan's head. Luhan blushed and replied with a thank you.

--- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) ---

There was only a day left and it was almost night time. Luhan made one more folding and he was now completely done. He tied the last crane on the string and turned to Sehun with a happy smile. Luhan stood up from his spot and started to run around the pond, with the thousand cranes floating in the air behind him. Sehun smiled as Luhan did his rounds. Luhan stopped in front of Sehun and sat down in front of him.

"Thank you for encouraging me to do this." Luhan smiled. "It was really fun; even if I had my ups and downs."

Sehun nodded. "You are welcome. I know you wouldn't give up. I am proud of you." He said with a smile.

Luhan's heart started to beat once Sehun smiled at him. He bravely leaned closer to Sehun and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips. Sehun's eyes went wide, but slowly closed them. He didn't push back like what Luhan initially thought and he was happy about it. He pulled back and started to grow red.

"S-sorry about that." Luhan covered his face with the thousand cranes that he was holding.

Sehun chuckled and pulled down the thousand cranes, away from his face, and kissed him again.

--- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) ---

The next day, being a weekend, Luhan happily skipped to his favorite place in the world. He was greeted by the owner and was told that would be free today since today marked the anniversary of the opening of the Japanese garden. Luhan thanked them and strolled his way in. He went to the opening and did his routine in checking to make sure no one was around. Once inside the secret place, he noticed that the first time ever, Sehun wasn't there.

'That's strange. Sehun is always here.'

He shrugged it off and sat on the grass in front of the shrine. He waited until night fall and he knew that the Japanese garden was already closed for today. Still Sehun hasn't showed up. Luhan started to get worried and multiple things entered his mind.

'Did he leave me?…W-was it about the kiss? Maybe he didn't mean it…'

Luhan looked down on his lap and tried hard not to cry, but his tears betrayed him. He placed his hands on his eyes and started to cry even harder.

'Why?'

Luhan suddenly felt someone touch his cheek, which caused him to immediately look up. It was Sehun with a sad expression on his face. He wiped away the tears with his thumb and kissed Luhan on the forehead. Luhan lunged forward to hug Sehun; fearing that he might leave, he held on to him tightly.

"I thought…you left." Luhan hiccuped. "I-I was worried that you left because of yesterday."

Sehun shaked his head and tighten his hug. "I am sorry for worrying you." He placed another kiss on Luhan's forehead. He pulled away from Luhan's grasp and looked straight into his eyes.

"Did you bring the thousand cranes?"

Luhan was confused, but nodded. He pointed at his vintage backpack. He reached for it and took out the cranes and showed him. Sehun nodded and stood up and took exactly 5 steps back. The next thing Luhan knew was that a light gust of wind surround Sehun. Luhan tried to close his eyes, but was utterly shocked at what was happening now before him.

Sehun's white button up and white pants started to change into a white traditional kimono with feather like sleeves that went down to his knees. A light blue satchel bag appeared and crossed over his chest. Sehun's eyes changed from dark brown that Luhan used to know to crystal blue. His eyelashes started to produce white feather lashes; his skin turned very milky white and black semi-colon marks formed on both his cheeks, directly under his eyes. The wind started to go through the trees and some leaves started to fall and form a crown. It landed perfectly on top of Sehun's head.

Sehun fluttered his eyes open and stared at Luhan.

"I am the crane that will grant you your wish." He said with a smile and bowed before Luhan.

"You…the wind…your eyes…blue?? W-wait what? You are taller than before!!" Luhan was too shocked to even create a proper sentence. He tighten his grip on the cranes, but sudden the thousand cranes started to disappear and transform into little specks of light. Sehun raised his hand and the lights flew towards the palm of Sehun's hand. He placed his hand on his satchel and the glowing light disappeared.

"Wha?…What did you do? The thousand cranes!" Luhan stood up, but didn't approach Sehun. He was still a little shocked at what just happened before him.

"Payment."

"What?"

"The thousand cranes…it is like a payment. Since you made a thousand cranes before the year ended and I already collected it, I shall grant you your wish."

"My…wish." Sehun nodded.

"Your wish. Then after…" Sehun looked down on the ground and sighed. "…then after I have to leave. Leave to the next area and help out another person."

Luhan's eyes went wide.

'Leave? After I make my wish he has to leave?!'

"L-leave?"

Sehun looked at Luhan with sad eyes and nodded. "I'm sorry Luhan." Sehun tried to walk forward to Luhan, but he took a step back. He tried to form a sentence, but nothing would come out. Sehun sighed.

"Luhan…" He looked up at Luhan who was still staring at him; small tears were forming and were about to fall. It hurt Sehun so much that Luhan was about to cry in front of him.

"For the first time in years…" Sehun breathed. "…I have taken a lik-- no…a love in someone." He looked straight into Luhan's eyes.

Luhan in the other hand held his breath.

'He...loves me?'

"You…you love me?"

Sehun nodded. "Of course." He smiled. "I just remember the first day…exactly today was the day that we met. Today is the anni--"

"Anniversary of the Japanese garden...The day that we met." Luhan finished for him. Sehun noddd.

"You are so special Luhan that it breaks even my heart that I would have to leave once you make your wish." He choked on his words and a little breeze blew in the night. "I loved spending time with you and this year…has to be my favorite one." He smiled at Luhan, who was now crying. "You are talented in the arts…and I hope that your wish is to go to art school. Don't let that talent go to waste. Where ever I am, I hope to see your drawings somewhere." He walked closer to Luhan and held his hands. Luhan remembered what he told Sehun the first day.

'They are really good. Are you going to an art school?'

'I want to…but I can't afford it.'

"So." Sehun breaking Luhan's trance. "I am here to make your wish. Just wish it and your dreams of going to art school will come true." He tighten his grip on Luhan's hands. Luhan hesitated in answering.

What felt like hours passing, Sehun Luhan's hands with his.

"Luhan, you must hurry. Time is running out. You won't be able to make your wish."

Luhan still hasn't said anything yet, which worried Sehun. "Luhan? Luhan…" Sehun felt his powers slowly slipping.

'Luhan has to hurry.'

"Luhan, hurry! Time is really running out!" Sehun said in a worried tone.

Luhan looked up, eyes puffy from the tears, gave Sehun a smile. Luhan stood on his tippy toes and reached up to give Sehun a kiss on the lips. Sehun was shocked and slowly Luhan moved away.

"What I wished for…is for you to stay with me as…as a human so we can live together. Be together as long as we live."

With that, Luhan cried threw his hands over Sehun's neck.

"Please don't leave me! Please don't!"

Sehun was shocked, but before he could answer, a blinding light appeared.