2

.those little paper cranes.

[[ Edited @ 101712 ]]

--- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) ---

'Crap…I came back.'

Luhan rubbed his forehead and looked up at the sign that read 'Welcome to the Japanese Garden'. Luhan zipped up his jacket and adjusted his vintage backpack. He paid his entry fee and walked in.

'Good thing I brought my student ID. Cheap.' Luhan said with a smile.

Luhan put his wallet in his back pocket and roamed around. He took some pictures of the flowers and the koi. He later found himself at the same spot as yesterday.

'Do not enter'

"Do not enter…or enter…that is the question."

He sighed and checked to make sure no one was around. He hopped in and started to head to the secret place. Once he saw the opening, it was still serene as ever. He saw the guy from yesterday sitting in front the medium sized shrine, sitting criss crossed, and asleep. Luhan, as best as possible, approached Sehun and looked at him.

'What an uncomfortable position.'

Luhan sat in front of him and takes out his sketchbook and starts sketching Sehun.

'Hm…he is quite handsome…Wait. WHAT?' Luhan's eyes went wide. 'No way. No way.' Luhan furiously erased a part of the drawing and redrawed it to make it perfect. He looked up to see a still sleeping Sehun. Luhan blushed and went back to sketching.

--- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) ---

Hours passed and Luhan ran out of pages.

'Poo…I ran out…Note to self, buy more.' With that Luhan nodded and looked up to see a now awake Sehun staring at him. Luhan got startled and fell backwards. This made Sehun chuckle and he offered his hand.

"Th-thanks." Luhan grabbed a hold of Sehun.

Sehun nodded and looked at Luhan. "So you came." He said with a sweet smile.

Luhan blushed and looked away. "For the scenery. It is beautiful." Sehun nodded and patted a spot next to him. Luhan crawled over and sat next to him, bringing his stuff with him. They started to open up and started to talk and laugh with each other.

"Haha, Luhan you are funny." Wiping a tear from his eye.

Luhan smiles and looked down to stare at the clear pond. Sehun noticed his sketchbook on his lap.

"What did you draw?" Sehun grabbed the sketchbook from Luhan's lap.

"Ah! W-wait!!" Luhan protested, but wasn't quick enough and Sehun started to look through. Sehun stared and flipped through the pages. Luhan started to blush.

"You came for the scenery huh?" He chuckled. He turned the sketchbook over to reveal a beautiful drawing of Sehun. Luhan looked down in embarrassment.

"Okay okay…you are just drawable okay." Luhan snatched his sketchbook from Sehun's hand.

"They are really good. Are you going to an art school?"

Luhan looked down and shook his head. "I want to…but my parents can't afford it."

Sehun nodded at Luhan's response. "They are quite expensive." Luhan nodded. They were silent for a minute and it started to get a little bit awkward.

"Do you know about an ancient Japanese legend?"

Luhan turned to Sehun and shook his head 'no'. Even though he was in Japanese cultural history class, they haven't crossed the chapter about legends yet.

"Well, there is this ancient Japanese legend that promises anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane. The cranes must be held on a string and it must be done before the year ends."

Luhan scoffed. "What a weird legend. A crane giving wishes. Though, it sounds pretty cool."

Sehun shrugs. "You may never know. Worth a shot." Luhan rolled his eyes and placed his index finger on his cheek.

"Though it sounds fun. I think I'll give it a go." He turned to Sehun. "Are you going to help me?"

Sehun shook his head. "No. The person who wants the wish must fold a thousand cranes by him or her self."

Luhan gave a shocked expression.

"What?! But that is so much! A thousand! Who has actually done a thousand!?"

"Some people were able to do it. Think of it as a mini challenge. Don't you think it would be fun?"

Luhan pondered then spoke: "I guess…sure."

--- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) ---

Days, weeks, months passed and everyday Luhan would go the Japanese garden at the secret spot to fold his cranes while Sehun watched. They would talk and laugh; Luhan would tell Sehun about his day at school, his life at home, and even show him some of his drawings. Sehun was always filled with awe when he looked through Luhan's sketchbooks. Some days, Luhan would come with a cranky attitude due to multiple paper cuts and sometimes come with teary eyes because some of his classmates would accidentally step on his paper cranes. There were even days where he was too tired to work on them, but Sehun would encourage him to do them. The more time Luhan spent with Sehun, the more he started to like him.

"Huh?"

Sehun looked up from one of Luhan's sketchbooks. "Whats wrong?"

Luhan looked at Sehun and shook his head.

"Nothing I just realized something. That is all." Luhan giggled.

"Okay then." Sehun went back into looking through at Luhan's sketches. Luhan glanced at Sehun and started to blush.

'I think I just realized that…I am falling for you.' 

He continued to fold the paper.

 

--- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) --- (HUNHAN) ---

[ 101712 ] Chapters 3 & 4 are done and will be uploaded soon~