Middle School Memories

A race for maknae

My apologies!! I wanted to update so much but yeah... Yearlies are next week :) Oh well, I guess I'm a little young to think about yearlies. Thank-you loads to the people who have stuck with me and my new subbies meggy15990, babypillow, crazy_love4_MBLAQ, seomyrawon, seokyu91, benosoju, CrystallineSparks, supergenerations_25, samarkatloi, Angelic_rukia and GreenBandaid!!! Please request any pairings :)

 

 

 

"Hey! Over here!" Kyuhyun dangled her pink bag carelessly.

"Omoya!! Treat other's properties with respect!" Seohyun ran toward Kyuhyun with a scowl.

Kyuhyun chuckled, "Why is she being all wise like a granny for?"

Seohyun snatched her bag away as soon as she arrived at his table. "Thanks so much for stealing my bag, carrying it like a useless sack and making me run all the way here when I could of just went straight to the library to study for my next lesson," she stated with obvious sarcasm.

Kyuhyun shrugged, "It's the least I could do. You have another class after this?"

"Yes! Not everyone has nothing to do like you!" Seohyun spun around on her heels. Kyuhyun's friends just looked as the two bickered... well, more like Seohyun just being angry.

Kyuhyun grabbed both her arms and spun her back around "Well, since you're already here, don't be rude and why don't you introduce yourself to my friends?"

Seohyun frowned, "What fr-" she looked down and closed her open mouth. "Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you guys there!"

Leeteuk sighed, "No worries. It's not anything abnormal for me to be treated like I'm invisible..."

"Hello, I'm Seo Joo Hyun. But please call me Seohyun because Joo Hyun is slightly... awkward... I'm a new student in Dongguk. Please treat me well!"

Changmin blinked, thinking he was seeing things *Joo Hyun-ah*

"Pleasure to meet you Seohyun-shi. I'm Siwon. It'll be easy to remember my name because I'm the only good-looking one here." Siwon smiled and shook hands with the girl.

"Mwoh? Hey!!!" Heechul flicked Siwon and smiled up to Seohyun, "You may know me already because I was in your music class but I'm Heechul. The one with the REAL good looks."

*He's in my class?* Seohyun didn't know but she thought it'd be rude to ask. 

"Leeteuk's my name!!" the guy with orange hair cheerfully exclaimed, "Hope we'll be friends Seohyun-shi.

Looking straight past Changmin who was about to introduce himself, she glared at Kyuhyun who was now seated at the table munching on his food. "Well, now that I've got my precious bag and Keroro back, I shall take my leave... Oh god, I've wasted almost half of the break because of that jerk..." she muttered the last part while walking quickly out of the cafeteria.

Changmin followed her with his eyes and then glanced down sadly at the table. It reminded him so much of his middle school days. He had met the girl again but had just lost the opprtunity to talk to her, again.

 

"Oppa? Why aren't you accepting any of the chocolates those unni's are passing you?" Joo Hyun tagged along her older brother with a big school bag, pig tails and a frown. "You could get those chocolates and give them to me oppa!"

"Hyunnie, there are complicated consequences that come with accepting chocolates on Valentines Day," her brother Yunho patted her back.

On their way out to the school gates many other girls approached Yunho.

"Yunho Oppa! Please accept my gift!" a pretty girl with long black hair bowed in front of him.

Yunho forced a smile and waved, "Sorry."

The girl stood up straight and pouted.

Seohyun frowned even deeper, "Oppa, that wasn't nice. That pretty unni bought that chocolate for you! And it was Hersheys!"

Yunho looked into her eyes, "Joo Hyun-ah, you will understand everything later. When you're big. You'll find out why oppa can't accept these sweets."

The younger nodded although still confused. She followed her older brother home with her little steps.

Changmin watched all this from afar. Seo Yunho was popular. His dancing and charisma gained everyone's attention and there was probably not a single girl in the school who didn't know Yunho.

But for Joo Hyun it was another story. Although she was the precious little sister of Yunho, most people never looked at her twice. She wore a big backpack and buried her head in books most days.

However Changmin had always seen her. How her eyes would twinkle at the sight of sweet potatoes, how she would comprehend and intelligently answer questions in class, how pure and innocent she was. Changmin had always tried to approach her. But he knew he couldn't. 

 

 

Back in middle school, Changmin was even worse than Joohyun. He was someone, no one would even look once at.

"Changmin-hyung. Hello? Did you hear the bell? Don't you have dance club with Siwon hyung?" Kyuhyun shook him.

"H-huh? Oh... Yeah. Thanks Kyuhyun-ah" Changmin grabbed his bag and ran out to catch up with Siwon.