October 1st

Autumn

Today is the first day of October. Every year on October my mother always tells me the same thing. "Something is destined to happen Autumn!" But nothing happens. I always thought my mother was nuts. She told me that the day before I was born a spirit appeared to here saying that I should be named Autumn because something life changing would happen to me. So far......Nothing. I think my mother was just dreaming or had hallucinations. What kind of life changing event would happen to me during October? Halloween? Last time I checked, Halloween doesn't change anything and it happens every single year.

Currently I am 15 years old and in my second year of High school. But I never attend school. I always leave in the morning telling my mother I would be at school when I really just go out to other places like a park or a cafe to reflect and enjoy myself. And today is just another "school" day.

"Mom! I'm heading out for school now! I yelled about to walk out the door.

"Just wait a second young lady!" My mom sounded angry.

"Yes mom?"

"The school called me again telling me you were absent yesterday!"

I sighed. "Mom, I was there. How could I not be? Where else would I be? The North Pole?" 

"Fine! But I better not get another call like this!"

That's what she always says. But I keep doing it anyway.

"Alright mom! Bye!" And I ran out the door.

I walked down the sidewalk thinking where to go today. It's not very cold today so I guess I'll go to the park. It was about a 10 minute walked to the park and I targeted an empty swing set. Perfect. No one to bother me. I walked up to it and sat down slowly swaying back and forth with the wind gently blowing my hair. 

This is what I pretty much did every day. I spent my time alone on weekdays and sometimes weekends.

After a  little while I got bored of the swings and I walked to a near by bench located inside the park. I looked into my bag and took out my IPod and put the headphones in my ears. I my IPod and put it on shuffle so random songs would play. I always liked having things unexpectedly happen sometimes especially when it came to music. You never know what song is going to play next. It kinda gives a little excitement to my day. 

I grabbed onto my legs and placed my head on my knees. I felt like closing my eyes and taking a small nap but I knew I couldn't do that of els random people passing by would think i'm some kind of "run away child" or hobo. So I forced myself to stay awake. I looked into the distance just thinking about my past. the present, and my future. What would my life be like in the future? I always dreamt about falling in love. I don't know what "Love" feels like, neither have I experienced a romantic relationship. I've dreamt of finding someone that would live life with me and someone who would grow old with me. I even dreamt about getting married and having kids. I felt a smile grow on my face when I thought of the phrase "having kids". 

After a while I noticed someone walking towards me. It kinda looked like a boy? Possibly my age or a bit older. Once he was near he stood in front of me. I looked up trying to get a glimpse of his face. He had short dark brown hair with bangs that slightly covered his eyes. Dark brown eyes but it was as sleek as a cat. I'd have to say he was very good looking.

"Sorry, I couldn't seem to find any benches near this area. May I sit here?" He asked.

I looked at my surroundings and he was correct. There was no other bench in sight. What kind of park is this? I looked back to him.

"U-umm, sure." I quietly answered back. 

I grabbed my bag and put it on the ground next to me to make room for.......... whatever his name is. 

I was curious to ask his name but that would be a bit weird asking a boy for his name if we weren't ever going to see each other again. 

He finally sat down and looked down to his hands. It seemed like he was waiting for something or maybe even someone? Still curious about his name but I didn't have the guts to ask him.

Still mentally fighting my brain to ask his name I finally broke it. That is!!!! I need to know his name!!! This curiosity is killing me! 

I slowly turned my head to him and was about to open my mouth to speak but nothing came out! Cummon Autumn! SPEAK! 

I turned my head facing the other direction. Ok! I'm going to count to three and then ask him. 1................2......................3....

I whipped my head facing him...... but he did too!

"Hey what's your name?" We both said at the same time. 

Wow. That was awkward.

A giggle escaped from the boy's lips and he scratched the back of his neck in awkwardness.

"Hehe, you go first." He said.

"U-umm, My n-name is A-autumn."

The boy smiled warmly "My name is Kibum, but just call me Key."

................Key..................

Why do I have a gut feeling that he's going to be involved in something?