Sunhi’s Birthday Party:

My Princess... Park Chorong

Narrator's Pov

            “Hurry!” The queen shouted to a maid. “Just put it here” another maid put it on the table. Its Sunhi’s birthday, May 16th, she was turning 14 today at midnight. “Are you SURE you didn’t throw me a party? I said I didn’t want one” Everyone could here Sunhi’s voice, they all hid. “I’m sure” Chorong was holding Sunhi’s hands guiding her to the ball room. “Take it off now” Chorong stood behind her. Right as Sunhi took off her blind fold everyone shouted “SURPRISE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SUNHI!!!” I’m sure you can imagine Sunhi’s big and bright smile, the one Chorong loved to see. “Happy birthday little Sunhi-ie~~” Chorong hugged her best friend.

            “Didn’t I say I not to throw me a party?” Sunhi complained. “We gave you one anyway” The Queen and King smiled. “Thank you your highness’” I bowed and they stopped me. “Do not be so formal to us you are like family” They smiled; it was true they both treated Sunhi like their own child. Chorong’s parents had already found out why she was so clingy towards Sunhi, it was only Sunhi to find out now. “Happy birthday” Bomi and the rest of the 6 girls smiled. “Thank you” Sunhi smiled back, she turned around only to see Chorong gone. “Where’s Princess Chorong?” Sunhi asked and the queen laughed. “Today is your birthday do not worry little Sunhi” The King answered smiling at Sunhi, still amazed the small creature was the one his daughter loved so much.

            You might ask where Chorong went so I’ll tell you. Chorong disappeared into her room to change into a beautiful dress, to impress Sunhi of course. Chorong thought it’d be better to dress nicely on Sunhi’s birthday. “Chorong are you done? Sunhi is looking for you” One of the maids knocked on the door. “Ne” Chorong came out in a nice White short dress. “You surely will get her attention with that on” The Maid smiled and led her to where Sunhi was sitting. “Hi Little Sunhi” Chorong tapped Sunhi’s shoulder lightly and she turned around. “Hi… Chorong… what are you wearing?” Sunhi asked with wide eyes. “What I can’t look good in front of my best friend?” She laughed at Sunhi’s expression. “It’s just… you’re wearing the dress I bought you for your birthday” Sunhi looked at Chorong, “I’ve never seen you with it on before”.

            “Do I look pretty?” Chorong asked her. “Of course you ALWAYS do” Sunhi took Chorong’s hand. Sunhi signaled the other princess’ that she was taking Chorong out for a bit. “Where are we going?” Chorong asked feeling like her heart was going to pop out of her chest. “The garden, I wanted to spend my birthday at the garden remember? You promised me we’d go here” Sunhi looked at Chorong like she was crazy for not remembering. “I know, it’s because we met here” Chorong sat on the bench next to her. “Chorong… I wanted to tell you something” Sunhi paused; Chorong found their faces really close to each other.

            Sunhi was about to kiss Chorong but felt as if it wasn’t the right time to tell Chorong. She fixed Chorong’s hair and smiled at her, “Thank you for the party”. Chorong could feel her face burn up seeing Sunhi’s face so close to hers, “Hey are you okay?” Sunhi looked at Chorong and waved her hand back and forth. “Hm? Oh yeah no problem, I have a gift for you” Chorong blushed. “What is it?” Sunhi asked looking at her intensely. Chorong paused and looked at her then smiled, she leaned her face a little closer to Sunhi’s. “Bwoya?” Sunhi was frozen. Chorong smiled at kissed Sunhi on her cheek, “Happy 14th birthday my little Sunhi”.

            Sunhi sat there for a bit, still processing what had just happened. Chorong kept her face rather close to Sunhi’s for a while. “Chorong…” Sunhi called her name, “Have you ever kissed someone before?” “Mm... Ani” Chorong answered leaning her head onto Sunhi’s shoulder. Sunhi smiled at Chorong’s words, she would be able to kiss her first. Sunhi didn’t want anyone else to steal Chorong’s kiss from her.