The Princess' friends

My Princess... Park Chorong

Sunhi’s Pov

“Sunhi!” I heard a voice shout for me, I was in the garden again. “Yes! Princess!” I shouted back. “Can you stop calling me “Princess” we’ve been friends for how many years?” She asked. “5 years” I answered for her. “Has it really been 5 years?” She asked me. “Well Duh~” I joked with her. “See why can’t you be like that all the time?” She asked me. “Because when we’re around other people it’d look weird for your guard to speak informally to you” I smiled. “I can’t believe you’re turning 14 already so old” she joked. “Says the 21 year old” I rolled my eyes. “And I might just put you in the cellar for that” she pinched my cheek. “I’m sorry Chorong please don’t throw me down there~” I joked with her.

“Alright well let’s go find my friends” Chorong dragged me along. “Since when did you have friends?” I joked. “For your information I always sneak out to see them when you’re sleeping” she smiled, “Well you get to stay in your room for a week then!” I shouted as we left the garden. “Fine I don’t mind I actually like my room, nice view and all” Chorong smiled. “You don’t have a view from your room” I was thinking. “I have a view of you, you’re always with me” Chorong stated. “It’s not my fault I have to watch you 24/7” I crossed my arms and walked behind her. “And why is it you always have to walk behind me? Why can’t you walk by me?” Chorong complained. “Because I like your back view” I joked.

“Whatever ” I could tell she was pouting. “But I like your front view better” I replied. “Why is that Miss Sunhi?” Chorong crossed her arms. “I like to see your beautiful face DUH~~” I answered and she turned around. “Then why can’t you look at me?” She asked. “I’m looking at you right now Princess” I answered seeing a person walk by us and bow. “Why can’t you look at me when we’re alone?” She asked me. “I can’t answer that question, I’m sorry Princess” I bowed to her as more people came. “Hello Princess Chorong” a man bowed and she bowed back with a smile. “I see you have Little Sunhi with you as usual” an older lady smiled. “Good morning Miss Song how is your back?” I asked her. “Oh don’t worry about me I’m fine Sunhi-ah” she smiled and we passed by.

A few minutes later we arrived to her friend’s mansion. “What’s wrong you haven’t said a word to me” I turned Chorong around. “Do I have to say something to you?” Chorong backed up. “C’mon Rong-Rong~~” I called her nickname and she smiled. “I missed it when you call me that” Chorong kept smiling. “Go in first Rong-Rong~~” I opened the door for her and heard a lot of screams. “CHORONG!” I heard like 1000 voices I swear. “Hi! Girls!” Chorong shouted with joy seeing her six best friends. I entered the mansion closing the door quietly and stood behind them. “How’ve you been?” a tall girl, but young, asked her. “Good!” Chorong beamed with happiness and I chuckled.

7 pair of eyes focused on where the laughter came from. “Don’t mind me” I bowed, “I’m here to baby-sit Princess”. “You can’t be the one Chorong always talks about can you?” a girl about the same height as Chorong asked. “This is Little Sunhi, her parents died, and she is my guard” Chorong answered. “WAU~! SHE’S A LITTLE CUTIE!!” a girl with a Busan accent pinched my cheek. “Are you all loud like Chorong?” I asked covering my ears. “Yes” A tall girl answered in English. “Rong-Rong do you want me to stay still?” I asked her and they all stared at me, except for Chorong. “You’re so informal; you were just so formal before” the tall, but young. Girl spoke.

“Ne, Chorong likes it when I’m informal with her” I bowed, “May I know your names?” “Ah! Ne! I’m Eunji” the one that pinched my cheeks answered. “That’s Hayoung, Namjoo, Yookyung, Naeun and I’m Bomi” another girl answered. “Rong-Rong I’ll be right back” I pinched her cheek, “behave okay” I smiled and ran outside.

Chorong’s Pov

            “So she’s the one you like?” Bomi asked me. “Ne, wae?” I asked Bomi. “She’s really cute and nice” Hayoung laughed. “She treats you like a little kid instead of you treating her like one” Eunji smiled. “When do you plan on telling her?” Naeun spoke. “Her birthday? Maybe a month later from her birthday? Or a year?” I spoke. “Yah! Eonni you need to tell her you like her, she OBVIOUSLY likes you back” Yookyung answered. “She’s just being polite to me” I told them. “What guard can be so informal to you?” Bomi pointed out. “Sunhi and that’s how she is” I spoke and Sunhi entered. “My ears are ringing, is someone talking about me?” Sunhi looked at us. “Just talking about your birthday” I smiled at her.

            “Please don’t throw me a big party I’m only a guard” Sunhi bowed. “Eyy~, but you need to have a big party for protecting Chorong all these years” Bomi slung an arm over Sunhi. “My job is to ONLY take care and WATCH Chorong, nothing else” Sunhi smiled to me. “I’m not a baby Sunhi-ah I’m older than you~~” I pouted and Sunhi came to me. “But to me you are a baby” Sunhi pinched my cheek; “You’re MY baby” she smiled. I swear I could feel my cheeks start burning up just by her words. “Why can’t I call you a baby then?” I crossed my arms. “I never stopped you from calling me a ‘baby’” Sunhi smiled. “You two are weird” Naeun laughed.

            Just then there was a loud knock on the door, more like a bang. “PRINCESS CHORONG!” a voice called. “Go hide NOW” Sunhi commanded us, we did as told. “Where is the Princess!” a male’s voice called. “This is my house and no one lives here besides me” we all could hear Sunhi speak roughly. I peeked my head out a little to see what was going on. There was a tall handsome man, maybe a Prince from a different kingdom coming to take my hand in marriage. “Are you sure? You’re a little young to be living alone” The man glared at Sunhi. “So what? My parents died in war and I have no family left go ahead and tell me I’m worthless and poor, but you won’t find the Princess here” Sunhi glared back, she knew I didn’t want to marry any Prince.

            “Are you sure?” the man asked once again but Bomi fell over and there was a huge thud. “What was that!” the other man asked. “My friend, she must have come early today” Sunhi lied to the man. “I’ll go check to see what it was Prince Woohyun” The other man said. “Go ahead Hoya” the prince named “Woohyun” nodded to the man named “Hoya”. “We have to go hide somewhere else” I whispered to the girls only to see “Hoya” stand right in front of me. “Prince! The Princess is here!” Hoya yelled. “YOU will need to go to the cellar for lying” the Prince yelled. “No!” I ran out to Sunhi’s side. “Why? She committed a crime” the prince told me. “You can’t!” I yelled again, “She is my guard!” Prince Woohyun laughed at my statement.

            “This PUNY GIRL is your GUARD?” He laughed along with Hoya. “You’d be surprise what I can do with a stick” Sunhi glared at him. “To bad I do not believe you, and for lying to me you must marry me NOW” Prince Woohyun took my hand. “No!” I tried freeing myself from his grip. All of a sudden the Prince was lying on the ground; Sunhi had hit him with the back of her sword. “Why YOU-“, “I choose who the Princess gets to marry” Sunhi’s words had stopped him. “In Pink-kingdom the Princess’ most trusted person gets to choose” She glared. “What makes YOU so special?” Hoya grabbed her. “I am the protector of Princess Chorong my duty is to keep an eye on her and make sure she is happy” Sunhi glared, I have never seen her so… serious before.

            “Sunhi…” I whispered to her and grabbed her arm lightly. “Leave NOW or I WILL beat you and throw you in the cellar I don’t care if you are a prince” She threatened and they left just like that. “Wau~! That was SCARY!” Bomi shouted. “You’re the one that decided to fall over!” Namjoo yelled at her and I laughed. “I need to talk to you” Sunhi pulled me outside.

Sunhi’s Pov

            “Ne?” Chorong looked at me. “I’m sorry if you wanted to marry him” I bowed. “That’s okay I didn’t want to and why did you say YOU get to decide who I got married to?” Chorong asked me. “You decided that I could decide 2 years ago because you kept getting chased by Princes from other Kingdoms, you swore that you would NEVER get married” I pointed out and she laughed at me. “But there’s a person I like” She told me smiling. “Nugu? Is he cute? Where is he from? How’d you meet him?” I even though I knew deep in my heart it hurt. “Yah!” She hit me on the shoulder. “Hey~ that hurt~, if you keep hitting me I won’t be able to be your guard anymore!” I frowned.

            “Fine then” Chorong pouted. “I can’t believe you pout more than I do” I rolled my eyes and pinched her cheeks. “I do not~~” she frowned like a little kid. “You do TOO just look at your face” I tickled her. “Stop it~~” she laughed and tripped over NOTHING. I decided to let Chorong use me as a cushion so she fell on top of me. “Ow….” Chorong complained but stopped at stared at me. We stared at each other for a while and heard a loud cough. “A-HEM!” we both looked over to see the King. “Hello King” I helped Chorong up and bowed. “Looks like you take care of my daughter a little TOO well” He joked. “Father how did you know I was here?” Chorong asked. “Your friends ARE Princess’ too, I have my connections with the Yoon-Kingdom” The King smiled.

            “Your highness what is the reason you came here?” I asked standing up straight. “I came here to ask my daughter if she wanted to marry a boy named Woohyun from the Nam-Kingdom” the King spoke. “Prince Woohyun came by earlier, Chorong rejected his offer” I bowed. “Like always, when do you plan to get married Chorong? You are 21!” the King shouted at her. “Father! if it makes you happy I’ve been seeing someone for the past 3 years!” Chorong yelled and I looked at her. “Is this true Little Sunhi?” The King asked. “Uh… ne! Your highness” I looked over at Chorong puzzled. She just smiled at me and the king left the mansion.

            “Yah! Chorong who are you seeing? How could you keep this from me!” I scolded her. “Shouldn’t I be the one to scold you? Anyway I am always seeing someone” She blushed. “Wow must be a really cute guy!” I teased again and looked over to see Hayoung staring at us. “You two look like a couple!” She laughed and we stopped. “We do not!” we both yelled. “Yeah! Totally~, Sunhi is the guy and Chorong is the girl”, “Because Sunhi always bullies Chorong and tickles her” Naeun and Namjoo laughed. “Yah!” Chorong and I yelled at them.