Chapter 1: Still a 5-Year old kid

A 5 year old mentality

 

Third Person’s P.O.V

 

“Oh my god dear, we shouldn’t have arranged that marriage for our son. If we didn’t, he wouldn’t be in the surgical room right now.”

“It’s ok. Let’s just believe in Myungsoo alright? He will never disappoint his parents.”

Four hours have already passed since the accident happened. Myungsoo’s parents were informed of his condition and he is currently undergoing a surgery right now. Both of them were panicking and regretting their decision regarding the marriage issue.

 

Just as Myungsoo’s mother was panicking regarding the outcome of the operation, the doctor came out of the surgery room with an unreadable expression worn on his face.

“Doctor! How is my son? Is he alright?”

The doctor gave a weak smile and replied. “The surgery is a success…”

And the doctor was being cut off by Mrs. Kim “Oh thank god!”

“But …”

“But?” Mr. Kim looked at the doctor with a worried face.

“Your son’s brain is damaged currently. It has affected his way of learning and basically, it will affect his whole life. His IQ will now be reduced to a 5 year old kid. This means, he is basically going to have a mind of a 5-year old kid in a 22 year old body.”

 

“What? My Myungsoo ….” Without finishing her sentence, Mrs. Kim fainted due to the shock.

“Oh my god! Dear!” Mr. Kim was there shouting for his wife to wake up but it didn’t work. So in the end, she was being transferred to a ward and she stayed there until she felt better and had fully recovered.

 

When Mrs. Kim has been settled down, Mr. Kim went back to the doctor and started asking.

“How long is Myungsoo going to be like you know … in his current condition?”

“It depends sir. Maybe a week, a month or maybe a year. It depends on his condition though. But I have a recommendation for you. Our hospital has professional home nurses that deals with this kind of situations. So it would be the best if you hire one of them and just leave them alone in a house.”

“Alright, I will trust you in that doctor; can you arrange it for me?”

“Of course, this is my job.”

 

68547cwg98wmzcn.gif68547cwg98wmzcn.gif

 

A few hours later …

 

Mrs. Kim has already woke up and Mr. Kim was seen in the ward.

“Can we go see Myungsoo now?”

“But what if you faint again, like just now?”

“I promise I won’t. Just please bring me there.”

With no reason to object to Mrs. Kim request, Mr. Kim bought her to Myungsoo’s ward but forbidded her to go in.

The moment Mrs. Kim saw Myungsoo, she started crying.

 

Myungsoo was now a person with a 5 year old mentality living in a 22 year old body. His actions and the way he spoke is definitely like a kid right now.

 

“Nurse Noona, where is my mummy and daddy?”

“They are on their way now, so be patient alright?” and the nurse gave Myungsoo a pat on his head.

“Now Myungsoo, let’s eat alright?” The moment Myungsoo saw the dishes; he shook his head and pouted.

“I want meat noona! Meat! Myungsoo needs to eat meat!”

“Why not you eat this first, I will bring you meat later?” The nurse gave him a smile thinking that he would comply but it turned out the other way.

“No no no! I want meat!” and Myungsoo started wailing. And it was because of this scenario, Mrs. Kim started crying.

 

A few minutes later, Mrs. Kim couldn’t take it anymore and walked into the ward.

“Umma! I miss you!” Myungsoo stopped wailing when he saw Mrs. Kim right in front of him.

“This noona here doesn’t want to give me meat!” and he pointed towards the nurse and started pouting.

Mrs. Kim flashed a weak smile and took the plate of food from the nurse and sat in front of Myungsoo. “Myungsoo, eat this first alright? Umma will buy you a lot of delicious meat later alright?”

 

Myungsoo seemed to understand Mrs. Kim and just nodded. “Alright, I will eat it now, buy me meat later alright?”

“I will buy you anything you want so eat alright?” Myungsoo nodded happily and started eating. After an hour, Mrs. Kim finally coaxed Myungsoo to sleep and went out to meet her husband.

 

“I’m going to anything that can help our Myungsoo to get back to normal.”

Mr. Kim smiled. “Now that’s my wife. Alright, so the doctor just told me about this home nurse that he recommends to take care of Myungsoo. But they need to live alone in a house though.”

“It’s ok. As long as it’s going to help Myungsoo, I am fine with anything.

 

68547cwg98wmzcn.gif68547cwg98wmzcn.gif

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

I was working at the counter until a file was handed over to me and the doctor starting talking to me about this patient that is mentally ill right now.

I flipped over the documents and saw the name. Kim Myungsoo. Hmm, this name is familiar, where have I seen it before? But oh well, I didn’t care much and just accepted the offer. I mean, helping others was a good thing wasn’t it?

 

After acceding to the doctor’s request, I was being led to meet Myungsoo’s parents, and they seem so familiar!

“Annyeong, my name is Park Jiyeon! I will be the nurse to take care of your son!” The lady whom I assumed to be Myungsoo’s mother reached out her hand and shook mine.

“Nice meeting you Jiyeon. And by the way, are you Park Jiyeon from Woolim High?” I nodded, how did she know?

“Oh then you must be Myungsoo’s friend. I remember him telling me about this Jiyeon girl in his school!” Ok, maybe the Jiyeon that she had in mind wasn’t me. She must have mistaken me. The Myungsoo I know doesn’t talk about me, lest in from of his parents.

 

She pulled my hand and led me to Myungsoo’s ward. The moment I stood outside his ward, I could see his face clearly.

“L …” it’s really him! The L that I know! The Kim Myungsoo that I fell in love with when I was in high school. Is it too late to reject the offer now?

 

Mrs. Kim turned to me and smile. “I’m counting on you to take care of our Myungsoo now.” And she flashed me a smile. I was going to reject taking care of Myungsoo when I saw the sadness in her eyes. I guess she might have really felt terrible regarding this incident.

 

So in the end, I just sighed and gave her a smile. “Alright, I will! Please take care of me too!”

She giggled and patted my head. “Of course! Oh, and we will meet on Monday alright since that’s the day that he would be discharged.” I nodded and she passed me an address. “This will the place that you will stay.”

 

I took the slip of paper and bid them farewell. I have a feeling that my life is not going to be normal anymore.

 

68547cwg98wmzcn.gif68547cwg98wmzcn.gif

 

16 October 2012:

Monday arrives… (A/N: It’s still Jiyeon’s P.O.V right now.)

 

I took my luggage and arrived at the place that was written as the address. Right, how the hell is a house so big? The house I live in is really small as compared to what I am standing in front of now. But nonetheless, I went and knock on the door.

 

 

A few seconds later, the door opened and I could see Mrs. Kim face.

“Wow, you sure are punctual!”

“It’s a rule I have to observe! Always be punctual!” and we started laughing.

“Alright come in please!” and I walked into the house to realize that the house is really big. It was a 2 story apartment. Ok, never mind, the size of the house doesn’t matter anyway.

 

The moment Mrs. Kim shut the door, she began shouting for Myungsoo and for some reason, I became nervous.

“Myungsoo! Where are you? Come down please!”

“Alright mummy!” and I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

Seconds later, Myungsoo came down and walked over to us. He is still so gorgeous, still so loveable and still so cute. But the bad thing is that he doesn’t have feelings for me so let’s just give up!

 

Once Myungsoo reached us, he began staring at me. I started to panic and wonder if there is anything wrong with me today.

“Erm, is something wrong?”

He shook his head and smile. Oh my god, that smile. My heart is going to explode now.

“No, noona. It’s just that you are too pretty.” Okay, even though his mind is in a kid state, he is still gullible.

“Thank you.” And I gave him a smile.

 

After the meeting, I started to unpack and it took me only 10 minutes since I didn’t bring much stuff. After that, I went down to look for Mrs. Kim and she started telling me about the habits of Myungsoo and everything that I need to look out for. Everything was ok and understandable until I heard this particular sentence.

 

“He likes skin ship a lot. Sometimes he will just pop out and give you a back hug and stuffs like that, just don’t be startled alright?” I was literally panicking because of that but when I was about to ask her about that skin ship matter, Mrs. Kim told me that she had to leave and will come by some day.

 

Oh great, what am I supposed to do now?

 

Once Mrs. Kim was gone, Myungsoo went to the sofa with his lollipop in his mouth and started playing around with it. He made the lollipop as a toothbrush and started brushing his mouth with it. And he even brushed it on his lips.

 

I shook my head and sat down opposite him. Once he saw me, he smiled and asked. “Noona, would you like to try the lollipop?”

“Aww, are you going to share?”

“Nope! I’m going to kiss you since I just put on lollipop lipstick.” And he started giggling. Oh my god, I mentally facepalmed myself. How am I supposed to survive now? So in the end, I left him there alone and started preparing his food.

 

And once again, I felt arms snaking around my waist and of course I yelped.

“Noona, you smell so nice!” and he started sniffing my hair. I stood there frozen for a while, but I managed to regain my calmness a while later.
“Myungsoo, you can’t hug noona, or I can’t prepare food.”

“It’s ok, I’m not hungry noona.” Fine, but I’m not going to let him hug me anymore. I took his hand and made him released his grip.

“Alright then, noona will take a look around the house so, stay here by yourself first, alright?”

He nodded and I went off to the living room and started looking at those pictures. While I was looking at the pictures, I felt a hand holding onto my hand, and yes, it’s Myungsoo again.

 

“Noona, I’m scared to be alone, let me stay by your side please?”

I stared at him and he pouted?

“Noona please?” and he started showing his puppy eyes. Oh damn, why must he be so cute?

“Okay, no problem.” And he gave me a smile.

For the next few minutes, I continued walking around the house and saw a picture of him and me. I took it and smiled at the photo.

 

“Noona, why are you smiling?”
“It’s because of him. I like him a lot but he doesn’t though.” He took a look at his photo and pointed to his own face.

“Isn’t that you and me?” I started panicking.

“What? No Myungsoo! Let’s go somewhere else alright?” and he nodded.

 

68547cwg98wmzcn.gif68547cwg98wmzcn.gif

 

Third Person's P.O.V

 

1st November 2012:

 Jiyeon was playing with Myungsoo when the doorbell rang. Immediately, she ran over to the door and opened it to realize that it was the young guy who always sent milk to their house. They two of them started talking, and Jiyeon completely forgot about Myungsoo.

 

After a few minutes, Myungsoo realized that Jiyeon isn’t back so he decided to go and look for Jiyeon. In the end, he saw Jiyeon and the milk guy talking to each other heartily. Feeling jealous and irritated, Myungsoo went over to Jiyeon and back hugged her.

 

“Noona, are you done?”  The milk boy turned over and realized that Myungsoo was there so he started apologizing.

“Sorry Jiyeon-ssi, I didn’t realize that you are having fun with your boyfriend, sorry for taking up your time and I will be going off now!” and he went off without giving Jiyeon a chance to explain anything.

 

Jiyeon closed the door and released herself from the hug and stared at Myungsoo. “What did you do that for?”

Myungsoo was clearly sulking. Having a 5 year old mentality just meant that he is a kid right now. And a kid doesn’t know how to control or hide his emotions.

“I don’t like you with that guy. You are mine noona! Why are you smiling to him? You don’t see me smiling to the newspaper noona right?” and he ran back up to his room, stomping his feet.

 

Jiyeon shook her head and facepalmed herself. To her, the Myungsoo right now is nothing more than a jealous kid. So in the end, she went to Myungsoo’s room and opened the door to find him hidden under his bed.

 

“Myungsoo, noona knows that I’m wrong now, don’t ignore me please?”
No reply.

“Myungsoo!” Jiyeon started shaking his body lightly.

“Myungsoo, if you continue ignoring me, I will just run off with that milk boy tomorrow.”  Upon hearing that sentence, Myungsoo sprang up and held Jiyeon’s hand.

 

“Noona, you can’t! You are mine, you can’t leave with him! I don’t like him!” Tears were going to drop out from his eyes and apparently, Jiyeon was shocked.

She gave him a hug and patted his back. “Aww, Myungsoo, I’m just joking, you know noona will never leave you, isn’t it?”

Myungsoo tightened the hug and stopped his tears. “Okay noona, promise.”

And from that day onwards, whenever the milk boy comes by, Myungsoo would never allow Jiyeon to collect milk from him in case she really did run away.

 

And this is what we meant by never underestimate a 5-year old kid mentality. Their sense of possession and jealously is much stronger than a normal adult.

 

68547cwg98wmzcn.gif68547cwg98wmzcn.gif

 

Just like that, Jiyeon and Myungsoo lived together for 3 months. And yes, Myungsoo was recovering but he didn’t tell Jiyeon about it. The reason is because he didn’t want Jiyeon to leave his side.

 

He would always act dumb in front of Jiyeon to make her believe that he hasn’t recovered yet. The reason why he didn’t want Jiyeon to leave is because he fell in love with her.

 

In the 3 months that they were together, Myungsoo was able to remember every single thing that they did together even though he was mentally ill.  And because of this, he realized that Jiyeon was different from others.

 

As for Jiyeon, the feelings that she thought has already be gone, came back once again. Right now, her heart still thumps for Myungsoo and she likes him. However, in the relationship of this couple, there are 2 human obstacles waiting ahead for them.

 

68547cwg98wmzcn.gif68547cwg98wmzcn.gif

Ohmygod, please give me comments on how this story is ;_____;

This is my first time writing in a third person's P.O.V so it probably .
I'm sorry if i didn't meet your expectations.

Anyway, this will wither be a two-shot or three-shot story! ^^

Here's a smexy Myungsoo and Baekhyun for you. Don't kill me ! T___T