Home Again

5 Cups of Coffee

 

Before I could search for my keys, he had already rung the doorbell. I could only imagine what my brother had to say when he saw me like this. 
 
After a few seconds the door slowly opened as Jin peeped from behind the door. When he saw me in the arms of a guy, the quickly flew the door open in shock. 
 
“Bri, what happened?!” His voice full of concern while spotting my injury. “Wait, wait! Come inside first then tell me what happened.” 
 
He motioned to Daesung to follow him into the house and into our living room. Daesung sat me on the couch and stood next to me. Jin entered the living room with a couple glasses of water for us and placed them on the coffee table in front of me. He motioned for Daesung to have a seat and they both sat on either side of me. 
 
Over the next few minutes I introduced Jin to Daesung and explained what had happened. And to my surprise he took it very well. After my story, Jin and Daesung began to carry on a conversation of their own, talking and laughing together as if they were long lost brothers. 
 
After tolerating their bromance for a few minutes I tried to excuse myself to my room to get changed when Daesung interrupted me. 
 
“Ya, how can you expect to climb those stairs by yourself? Let me help you.” Before I could say anything against it, he picked me up in his arms again and made for the stairs. I turned to look helplessly at Jin who was smiling back at me and threw me a wink. I shook my head in disgust and stuck my tongue out at him causing him to laugh. 
 
When we reached my room Daesung placed me on my bed and glanced around my room. He noticed something and began to look around curiously. 
 
“What are you doing?” I asked watching him glancing around my room. 
 
“Oh,” he stood up straight in surprise looking like he just got caught doing something bad. “Do you have a dog?”
 
“Uh…yeah, why do you ask?” At that moment my dog came walking in the room, hesitantly at first seeing a new face. 
 
Daesung turned to look at Roxer and his face lit up. “Ah! This is your dog?” He squatted down to greet Roxer, extending his hand allowing him to sniff his hand while slowly starting to wag his tail. 
 
Daesung began to pet Roxer lovingly and soon the two began playing together on my bedroom floor. I sighed watching the two wrestle with each other having a grand time together. Daesung lay on the ground tired as Roxer lay beside him, resting his head on Daesung’s chest. 
 
Daesung sighed and smiled tiredly at me, “Ah, your dog is great!” I laughed and shook my head at the two goofballs lying on my floor. 
 
“Well, I guess he likes you.”
 
Daesung laughed and brought his hand to Roxer’s head to ruffle his fur a bit. Roxer had closed his eyes and I suddenly felt a bit of jealously towards my dog. I quickly shook it off, “What the heck are you thinking, Bri?!” I scolded myself, “Jealous of a dog…jeez.” 
 
My brother suddenly popped up in my doorway and laughed seeing Daesung still on the floor with our dog. “Hey,” he called out to Daesung, “Want to stay for dinner?” 
 
Daesung sat up quickly startling all of us. “Oh, no. I don’t want to cause you any hassle. It’s ok.” 
 
Jin shook his head, “Don’t worry, it’s no trouble. Bri was supposed to cook tonight, but seeing as how she’s now disabled, I’m gonna have to make something.” 
 
“Hey!” I protested, “I’m fine, ok? My ankle’s feeling way better now anyway.” I stood up and besides a slight nagging twinge in my ankle, I was able to move around on my own. “Besides, oppa, your cooking is questionable…I’ll just cook tonight.” 
 
Jin could only sigh; there would be no winning against me once I set my mind to something. “Fine. But don’t cry to me if your ankle gets worse.” He walked up to me and messed up my hair with his hand. I shot him a look of irritation to which he laughed in response. Jin motioned to us with his head for us to follow him downstairs. 
 
I hobbled into the kitchen and heard Daesung chuckle under his breath behind me. I turned to look at him over my shoulder and raised my eyebrow wondering what he was laughing at. He tried to hold back a smile before asking, “You really are stubborn, aren’t you?” 
 
A smirk slowly crept across my face and I giggled. “Yeah, I’ve always been this way. My brother just learned to get used to it.” Daesung smiled at my reply and began helping me gather things from around the kitchen to start cooking. 
 
“You don’t have to help me, you know. Just go into the living room with my brother til dinner’s ready.” I tried to smile confidently at him but he saw right through it. 
 
“No, you can’t fool me. I know your ankle still hurts. Let me help you.” He walked up close to me trapping me between he and the counter and tapped the tip of my nose with his finger. “Stubborn girl.” He smiled that adorable smile that I could never resist. I couldn’t help but accept his help. 
 
“F-fine…” I blushed and turned my head to the side trying to avoid his stare. “Do whatever you want.” He chuckled and nodded. 
 
“OK!” he suddenly yelled, “Let’s make something yummy!!” 
 
I shook my head and smiled beginning to admire his charming nature. The kitchen was filled with laughter and loud outbursts from Daesung as he performed his cooking techniques for me. He never failed to put a smile on my face no matter how much I tried to resist. 
----------------------------

Finally, an update! Thank you all for being patient with me, college and work have been really hectic lately.
Omo....~_~ but I'm SO excited to be going to the BIGBANG concert in Jersey!!! AHHHHH it's so soon!!! Is anyone else going?? :D