Teaser 1 - The School

Match Me - Ten People Want to Choose Who They Love

where's your id?

entry declined

 

Shin Meksung was an ordinary student. However, she was the outcast amongst the ordinary students, if you know what I mean. At first, she wanted to fit in, make lots of friends, live a happy, stress-free student life, but The Dealer of Destiny had other plans. At birth, she was given her Destiny Card. A black jack (see what I did there?) of clovers, whose body was completely black apart from his hair. His hair was styled and coloured in different areas and this was an immediate sign that Meksung was going to stand out, whether she liked it or not. She tried to fit in still, despite her destiny. But everyone saw her Destiny Card and knew she should be an outcast, therefore she was cast out the moment she started school. Afterwards, she decided 'to hell with it all' and died her hair purple and then shaving it off on one side and keeping the other side long. Each week she'd die her hair a different colour, just so she could stand out. 

It wasn't just her hair that changed, her personality changed too. She became a delinquent, a rebel and tried her best not to follow the school rules. She still decided to go to school though, as she didn't want to become a drop out. 

She was almost late one morning to school. 

School started at 8:00 am and she woke up at 7:20 am. She shot out of bed and quickly ran over to her wardrobe. There, she placed her hand against an identifying pad which slowly scanned her hand, to her annoyance. Finally, once she was scanned, the door slid open and Meksung dashed in. She fumbled through all her clothes and when she finally found her uniform, all screwed up ont he ground, she quickly picked it up and got changed. Meksung's uniform consisted of a white blouse, a white jersey, a white knee-length skirt, white knee-length socks and white shoes with the number 653 on the bottom. She quickly pulled them all on and then dashed downstairs to grab her breakfast. Her mum was picking out of the toaster two pieces of toast and as Meksung grabbed her school bag, ont he way out, she stole one toast.

"Yah! Shin Meksung!" her mother shouted as she left the house. Meksung checked her watch one more time and groaned. 5 minutes to get to school. 

Meksung dashed around the corner and soon the school was in view. Someone accidently tripped over a trashcan in front of her and she tripped over, ripping her socks. She swore to herself and then quickly got back up again to race to the gates. When she finally reached the gates, a man stood there, his fringe covering his eyes. As far as Meksung knew, this man's identity was unknown and that he had no eyes. 

"Where's your ID?" he asked as he started up the computer. Meksung dug through her bag and groaned when she didn't seem to find it. 

"Hold on." she said. She kept digging and the man sighed. Eventually, Meksung tipped out all the contents from her bag and screamed out in frustration. "It's not here!" Then she looked at the man.

"Can't find it?' he asked in a cold tone. Meksung slowly nodded. "Entry denied." Meksung's eyes when wide.

"Oh please, let me in! School is about to start and you've seen me before!" Meksung cried. 

"I'm afraid I cannot see you." the man replied with sarcasm and Meksung blushed. Then she sighed and walked off in a slump. She turned around slowly and saw the man letting in another student. She wondered how she could get in. She looked at her watch. 1 minute to go. She freaked out a bit. 

"Okay, what should I do?" Meksung wondered. Then she looked at the tall ten metre wall surrounding the school. An idea came into her head. 

Meksung approached the wall and then placed her hands on it. She closed her eyes and imagined a brick wall, specifically the one in front of her. She imagined it melting and then slowly flowing around freely in her mind. Then when she suddenly felt something warm engulf her hands, she opened her eyes. Just as she had expected, her hands had no become part of the wall. 

"Yes!" she shouted and then she slowly swam up the brick wall. It may be hard to imagine, but when Meksung becomes part of something solid, the solid particles around herself turn into liquid and allows her to move around. She quickly paddled up the wall and then when she go to the top, she released her power and then jumped off, knowing she'd be able to land. When she landed, she quickly tucked herself into a ball and then rolled forward. There were about five students watching her with amusement, but they didn't say anything. "Oh yeah! Unnie Theoul style!"

When she got to her classroom, the bell rang and she sighed with relief. Students began to flood into the empty room. Yes, their classroom was just an empty room, a white one to be exact. It matched their uniform. Once all the students were in, they all lined up against the wall, their feet together and their hands clasped in front of them. At that moment, there was the sound of a buzz and light sparked inside the room. Then all of a sudden, light particles appeared and slowly joined together to form a 3D hologram of a woman.

"Good morning class." she called. "I will now called the role. 650." Once the number was called a small light pad appeared on the floor with the number '650' written on it. A student stepped forward and walked over to the pad. When he stepped on it, the pad scanned his shoes and when it was confirmed that the boy was number 650, it turned blue. "651?"

"Where's Yukoung?" a girl called Ruwoung asked Meksung. Meksung shrugged. She looked around for her best friend. Lee Yukoung was number 651.

"Has anyone seen Lee Yukoung?" the holographic woman asked. Everyone called out, 'no'. "Moving on then. 652." Again the same process. Then it was Meksung's turn and then the rest of the class followed.

 

"Is Yukoung sick?" Ruwoung asked Meksung the moment they had entered the cafeteria.

"She never told me." Meksung replied. "Do you think she might've found her match?"

"Don't know...she would've told us." Ruwoung said, after some thought. "Ah! I'm so hungry!"

"Me too. I had to eat my mum's toast," Meksung complained. "And I forgot to bring my ID card." 

"Okay, I'll get you something." Ruwoung smiled. "Got anything we could trade?"

"I have six pencils." Meksung replied as she tipped them onto the bench. 

"Hm, that could earn you some chicken noodles." Ruwoung smiled. Meksung punched the air in victory.

"Thanks Ruwoung! You're the best!" Meksung praised and Ruwoung held her hand over the pencils. Soon the pencils glowed an orange colour and then pencils began to melt slowly. Then they remoulded themselves and turned into a cup of chicken noodles. 

"There you go. Eat well." Ruwoung smiled and Meksung gave her a hug.

"Thanks! I was so hungry!" Meksung cried and dug in. 

__________________________________________________________________

 

So Meksung has the ability to become part of a solid object and Ruwoung can turn things to food, depending on how valuable or how large the thing is.

Okay, so that was a little sneak peek of what the school is like. The way how the answer the role is different. So if any of you did not understand how the answer the role, I will show you here. 

There are white pads on the floor in a row from one end of the classroom to the other, which has a number of it. When a number is called out, the student with that number of his or her shoes, must go over and step ont he pad that his their number. Then the pad will scan the bottom of the shoes and if the student is in the correct spot, the pad will turn blue. It will look like this (replace the the letter 'R' with a number)...

® ® ® ® ® ® ® ® ® ® ® ® ® ® ®