Max's Story

Mini Series

 

Part 2:Max's Side
I had seen Jiro walking the Spanish streets. He was still the same guy I remembered but better looking. He had let his Hair grow out. He was wearing skinny black jeans and a white shirt and boots. I couldn't believe that we would meet in this big city on this street. Of all places. God was probably making fun of me and wanted to see me suffer. I called out his name to see him turn around and look at me in surprise. My heart started racing and I felt my whole body get warm. I was happy to see him. I still loved him even after all the things he had said to me. My tongue was tied. I didn't know what to say to him. I told him he looked good but I regretted it so I told him I was proud of him for making the finals. I had to get away from him before I lost it. I wanted to run in his arms and hug him, kiss him and tell him I loved him. I said goodbye quickly and walked as fast as I could. I got to see him for the first time in over a year and I couldn't even talk to him. How could I be so stupid! I still loved him but it felt like we were strangers. Whatever! right now my concert was  my first priority after it I will look for him once again.
            “Hey Maxie are you ready? You got a big show today! Win the hearts of all the Spanish people out there ok!” I looked to my side seeing my manager Yunho giving me a thumbs up. I gave him a weak smile. “Are you nervous or something?” He asked me. “ Not nervous but- I just saw my ex and I still like him and I’m confused and, and-!” I was going to lose it. Yunho looked at me with a pained and confused look. “Oh really? Did you guys get back together? I’m happy for you.” He looked away. What! My heart was hurting. “Uh I didn’t get back with him. I couldn‘t even talk to him right. It was one of those awkward moments where you feel like the world has disappeared and the one person you least expect is there. Even though it hurts it was nice to see him here happy.” I explained. I sighed. “ I will see him again. I know it. I can feel it in my heart.” I looked at Yunho one more time to see him looking at me with sad eyes before going into the corridor towards the stage.
 “Max we love you! You’re the best!  Max Oppa!” I looked around me and smiled at my fans. I couldn’t believe how during this year I would have thousands of fans. “ Hola Spain! Gahnsamida! thank you for supporting me with my work! This song I’m going to sing is my own creation for someone who inspired me! This person had been with me through everything! Everybody I love you. Thank you one more time!
 
 
I love you
Sarang handaneun ee mahl bak ggae neun
Hae jool mahl ee uhp naeyo
I love you
Eui mee uhp neun mahl ee dwae uht ji mahn
Saranghaeyo
 
Ee jae wa suh
Mooseun so yong eet gaet ssuyo
Dashin bohl soo uhp neun ee byul een dae
Do lee keel soo uhp neun guhl
Jahl ahlgo eet ji mahn
Uh ddu kae deun geudael
Ja ba doo go shipeun guhl
Hoo hoo hoo
 
Ee sae sang ah nee la do uhn jaen ga
Oo lee da shi mahn nahl taen dae
Noon mool han bang ool do
Bo yu suhn ahndwae gaetjyo
 
Sarang ae bba ji gae mahn deul uht duhn
Mi so loh nahl dduh na yo
Geu mi so ha na lo
Uhn jae la do geudaereul
Ha ja nael soo eet gae
 
I love you
Gi uk hanayo
Chu eum geudae ae gae
Geu ggeem geu dduhl leem
I love you
Oh laen hoo ae suhya
Naegae hae joon
         Geudae geu han mah di *
 
I felt my air escape. My throat went dry and I felt tears falling down my face. There at the corner of the stage was Jiro. He had come to my concert? He did! He was looking at the ground and not at me though. I looked away and kept on singing. I felt my tears spilling over like a waterfall but I didn’t care. I was happy. I sang out my heart out so he could here I still loved him.
 
 
 
Oo lee sarang
Ahndwael guhla saenggak haetjyo
Nuh moo na do ah leum da wut gi ae
Do la suh lyu hae ssut duhn
Nae ah pae geu dae neun
Ggoom mahn ga teun sarang euloh
Da ga wa ssut jyo
Hoo hoo hoo
 
Ee saesang ahnee lado uhn jaen ga
Oo lee da shi mahn nahl taen dae
Noon mool han bang ool do
Bo yu suhn ahndwae gaetjyo
 
Sarang ae bbaji gae mahn deul uhtduhn
Mi so loh nahl dduhna yo
Geu mi so ha na lo
Uhn jae la do geu dae reul
Cha ja nael soo eet gae
Uhn jaen ga
Oo lee da shi mahn na myun
Yak sok ha na mahn hae yo
Ee luh kae ah peu gae
Nuh moo shwip gae hae uh jil
Sarang ha jeen mahyo
 
The crowd applauded as the song ended and I left the stage. I took of my ear piece and ran out the exit. I looked around to see if he was still there.  My eyes filled up and I started to sob. I wanted him by my side. “ Max? Are you ok?” I looked up and saw who I wanted to see. I hugged him and told him I loved him and I kissed him. I opened my eyes again only to see it wasn’t Jiro but Yunho. I had imagined him. “ I’m sorry Yunho-ah I thought you were Jiro. I was hallucinating. I’m so sor-.”I didn’t get to finish because Yunho leaned in and kissed me. What was going on? I pushed him back hard making me fall in the process. “ Max, I can’t do it anymore! What’s so good about this guy Jiro huh? All he does is hurt you! I can make you happy! Do you know I’ve loved you since we first started working together!” I was lost. How? When? Why me? I didn’t know what to do. Yunho got on his knees and hugged me. I pushed him away and turned my face to see Jiro and another guy looking in our direction. I got up and walked towards Jiro but he was backing away his eyes glistening. 
  I ran around the streets trying to fit all the pieces of the puzzle. Did Jiro think I was with Yunho? How did I not know that Yunho liked me? Who was that guy next to Jiro ? I took out my phone and got my investigator on the line“ Lee give me the info on where Jiro Wang lives pronto! I need to explain something to him!” I hung up and started to sob in a dark abandoned street.
      "Why did you run like you saw a ghost Jiro?” Xiah asked. “Where did you go today after the game? You should have come to the party it was so fun!” Jiro looked at him his eyes red from crying. “ Dude why did it affect you so much to see those guys hugging?” Jiro punched the table, “Can you please shut up Xiah! Do you know who that was. That was Max, my Max; the one I hurt to come here! I still love him but I guess he’s happy with that guy. I thought it would be the best to live of separately but now I regret coming here. I made him suffer but my pain is just as bad. What should I do Xiah?” Xiah stood up and started pacing. Jiro just looked at him with a wondering expression. Xiah stopped and got on his knees only a few inches from Jiro. “I think you should forget him and start a new relationship with someone else. I mean you saw him with his new guy. Forget him.” He leaned in and kissed Jiro! Jiro pushed him and backed away. “What’s wrong with you Xiah!” “I like you Ji-.” Jiro interrupted Xiah. “ I’m sorry Xiah. If you tell me you like me you will lose me as a friend. I would never be able to love you because my heart belongs to Max. You of all people should know that. Please don’t  ruin our relationship. I want us to stay as teammates and friends.” Xiah ran out of the apartment in time for me too see him crying.
        He had left the door open. I looked inside. Jiro was sitting on the couch his face in his hands. I Knocked on the wall making him look up. “Max, how did you know where I lived? How? What are you doing here right now?” I looked at him sadly, “ Can I not be here? I came to visit you, to talked to you. Can I not do that? We’ve been apart for a century  now. Am I not allowed to see you? My heart was injured that day but I still have feelings for you. Can’t I keep loving you? Have you heard this poem? It expresses what I feel right now at this moment.” I was stalling but I had to tell him my feelings or I might lose him again.
 
      “ I know that day you let me go was torture to you. I was outside your door that day after you kicked me out  and I heard you cry. I saw you today at my concert listening to the song I wrote because of  you!” My voice cracked. I started to cry. “ You started to cry when you saw Yunho hug me. You lied. It wasn’t a game like you said. You still love me right? You did it because you wanted me to pursue my career. Well good news! I’ve done it. We both did what we wanted to accomplish! Can’t we go back when the world was only me and you? Do you know how horrible it was to be away from you! It felt like acid was being poured on me burning my heart! I still love you and I will always love you! Ha-ha. Do you feel it? My heart? It’s trying to break free. It wants you to know you that it’s here and it missed you.” I fell on the floor next to Jiro. I grabbed him and hugged him tight. I didn’t want to let go. I started to sob loudly. I couldn’t help it. I had one year without hugging him! He pushed me away lightly. He grabbed my face and kissed my cheek. No! I pouted. I was being childish but I wanted Jiro to prove to me his feeling were as strong as mine, that he had missed me the same as me. I grabbed his face and kissed his lips hard. He kissed me back and I could feel the tears falling down his cheeks. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me tighter to him. He pushed me on the ground and started to kiss me harder making me gasp with excitement. I knew that he needed me as much as I needed him and know we’re here…together.
 
 
 
*I love you
The only words I have to say to you are I love you
I love you
They've become such meaningless words, but I love you
But what good is it now
We'll never see each other again..
I know it's pointless, but I want to hold you back..
ho~ho~ho~
 
Even if it's not in this world
We'll see each other again
Not a single tear should be shed
Put on that smile that stole my heart as you walk away
That way I can find you wherever you are
Love you, Do you remember
The fluttering that was felt when we first met
I love you,
Those words were the last you gave me
Throughout our long relationship
We thought our love wasn't possible
Because it was so wonderful
You approached me like a dream
You looked like you'd turn away any moment..
ho~ ho~ ho~
 
Even if it's not in this world
We'll see each other again
Not a single tear should be shed
Put on that smile that stole my heart as you walk away
That way I can find you wherever you are
If we meet again, promise me one thing
Let's make our love continuous
So we don't have to say such painful goodbyes ever again...