Strawberry, Chocolate

Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate, Chocolate, Strawberry, Chocolate

 

Onew’s life dragged on horribly, although he had forgotten Key completely. Jonghyun and Taemin were engaged after 2 years of dating. Minho eventually became the best basketball player in the country. Onew was just working at the same cafe as a bus boy.

As Onew wiped down the tables like a zombie, a familiar looking man walked in with his arm tangled with another man’s. “Oh, Dongwoon, you dog,” he teased. “Can you get me a hot chocolate, if they don’t have it, then a strawberry milkshake?” the man sat beside a window.

“Of course,” Dongwoon laughed as he went up to the counter.

Onew just continued wiping down tables.

During his lunch break, he went outside across the street and saw the ice cream stand that had been there for the past 6 years. “One strawberry ice cream,” he ordered solemnly.

“Here you go, young man,” the ice cream woman smiled, hanging Onew the ice cream. Onew walked to the bench, not to far from the stand. A boy with a chocolate ice cream sat down with his back to Onew. He scanned the park.

“Excuse me, do you know how to get…”

“Get where?” Onew sighed.

“Back in my heart.” Onew turned to the boy in surprise at the strange request from an unknown voice. “Because I think it a kiss should work.”

Key kissed Onew gently on the lips as Onew began to smile and recall all the strange memories of vanilla love.