Chapter 7

This Royal Marriage with Jung Daehyun

You and Eun Hee chatted for a while when people started to come in. You and Eun Hee separated since she needed to go to her mom while you had to go stand by your parents. 

"_ _ _ _ _ _, the Jungs called me a while ago and they're in their way," your dad assured you, "You look lovely."

"Thanks dad," you smiled at him.

Soon, the Jungs arrived. You spotted Daehyun, he was wearing a jet black tuxedo with a silver bow tie. He walked over to you and bowed, "Hello there Mr and Mrs. Kang."

"Please call us mom and dad," your parents insisted.

Daehyun bowed and offered his hands. You hesitantly placed your hands into his. The adults seem pleased that you and Daehyun were getting on fine, little did they know you and Daehyun already had a deal that it's purely an act.

"You're a good actor," you whispered boredly.

"Who said I was acting?" his tone was cold. He led you to a table and you sat down next to him.

"Then why are you acting nice?" 

He looked into your eyes, "I'm not acting nice, I'm just being a gentleman that I am."

"Yeah right," you murmered.You crossed your arms and sighed.

*She looks nice, but I don't think she should wear such a short dress,* Daehyun frowned and shook his head, *Who cares?*

There was silence for a minute when suddenly Eun Hee sat next to you, "So is this husband-to-be?"

You blushed and nudged your cousin, "Yah!"

He turned to Eun Hee and glared at her, "Yes, I am _ _ _ _ _'s soon-to-be husband."

Eun Hee gave her signature cold, pokerface to Daehyun, "You seem like a bad person for my cousin, I don't think you guys are going to work out."

"Eun He-"

"Mind your own business," Daehyun said in a low voice, he turned to you, "Did you tell her about our deal?"

You froze. Maybe you did say something about what Daehyun told you a few days ago to Eun Hee.

Daehyun rolled his eyes and glared at Eun Hee, "As I said, mind your own business."

"You make me sick," Eun Hee said coldly. She stood up and looked down at you with caring eyes, "My dear cousin, I should be excited for you since you're engaged but I can't because you're engaged to some guy who thinks he can control you... I know you Kang _ _ _ _ _ and you won't let him control you, will you?"

You bit your lips and you had to agree but suddenly Daehyun stood up and held your wrist, "Can you step out of our relationship, this is suppose to be a happy time for both of us."

"Fine," Eun Hee smirked, "I hope my cousin becomes happy and you go to hell, because she doesn't deserve you, she can do better."

Eun Hee walked out and you sat there with your head down. Daehyun took his seat and glanced at you, *What is she thinking? Her cousin sure has one, sharp tongue.*

*What Eun Hee said was true, I deserve better than Daehyun because all he sees in me is some person. I've always dreamt of someone who'll take care of me... But unluckily, I'm stuck with Jung Daehyun."

Your parents came over and signaled Daehyun.

Daehyun stood up and cleared his throat loudly, everyone had their attention to you and Daehyun. Your head was still down when Daehyun took your hand gently and he knelt down with serious eyes. He had a navy blue, expensive box on his hand with the most precious ring you've ever seen.

It was an infinity ring with a big diamond in the middle dazzling expensively, there were also small diamonds placed on the infinity sign.

You two were looking straight to each other, "Kang _ _ _ _ _, I know that you may not be expecting it today but I would like to take this chance to ask you an important question."

The audience were awed by Daehyun's sincerity. Eun Hee watched at the side and shook her head, *_ _ _ _ _ you deserve better!* Your heart was beating loudly and rapidly, you took a deep breath and kept the eye contact with Daehyun.

He paused, "Will you... be my wife?"

The audience, your parents, Daehyun's parents and Eun Hee were on their breaths and waited for your answer. You had no idea what you have to say... Daehyun's sincere eyes were making you want to say yes but you know deep inside that this is all an act.

*I'm so confused... What am I suppose to say?*

*I know how cruel my words are the other day but say yes... You need to or else my parents will hate me, they already hated me once, this is the least I can do for them.*

"YES."

Your answer was short and precise. 

Everyone except for Eun Hee clapped and started to toast for you and Daehyun. Daehyun slowly took the ring and slid it to your ring finger, it fits perfectly and he had a small smile. You on the other hand felt disappointed with yourself, you looked at the ring, *I guess I'm his... and his mine? No. He's not mine, I'm just his.*

Eun Hee felt the same thing you did, *I guess she went with what everyone wants... She sacrificed her happiness for everyone else. She can be so kind but this is just being way too kind.*

Your parents hugged you, "I'm so proud of you!*

"Thanks mom," you forced a smile. 

Daehyun glanced at you and knew your smile was forced and fake, *You won't regret it.*