Episode 7: Side-Dish Couple’s Comeback Meeting!

WE GOT MARRIED SEASON 4 (fanfic version)

Both Girlfriends’ and Super Junior’s vans pulled up outside MBC’s building and the Side-Dish Couple stepped out of their individual vehicles.

“Annyeong haseyo!” Hye Rin greeted her husband. “It has been a long time!”

“Neh, annyeong haseyo! How are you today?” Eunhyuk bowed in return.

“I’m fine!” Hye Rin replied, surprised. “Did you miss me??” She eyed him from the side.

In the Studio:
MC: Aigooo, did he miss her? (asking the SJ members who were present in the studio)
Lee Teuk: NEH!!! He did! Every day!!
Kyuhyun: I don't know, I was playing my game. Starcraft had a new release recently!
 

Eunhyuk giggled and covered his gummy smile behind his hand. “Eunhyuk couldn’t sleep the whole night yesterday, Hye Rin sshi!” Lee Teuk popped his head out of the van’s window and shouted.

“Don’t listen to his nonsense! Yaah, hyung! Quickly go! You are going to be late for your schedule!” he tried to shoo Lee Teuk away.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: Why is Teukie hyung like this... -shakes head and looks down-

Hye Rin crinkled up her nose and stepped on his foot. “Oh okay, fine, and then continue being happy alone!” After saying that, she turned and walked back to the van.

Hye Rin's Inner Monologue: Did i step on his foot too hard?? Or i should have stepped harder!!

“Don’t go! I was just joking!” Eunhyuk added quickly, running after his wife. Tugging on her arm and begging her not to go, Hye Rin shot a smirk sideways at him.

The both of them then walked briskly into the building for their first comeback recording after an almost 3 months’ hiatus.


“Here!” Eunhyuk pointed at the letterbox which stood stoically near the entrance, while Hye Rin completely missed the letterbox and continued walking to the elevator.

In the Studio:
MC: Did the accident caused her to be partially blind?? HAHAHA!
Minyoo: SHe has always been like that, before and after the accident alike!
 

She whizzed around and ran towards her husband. He opened it and found a mission envelope inside. Just as he was about to open it, Hye Rin stopped him.

“It’s our first comeback mission! Shouldn’t we say something together? Or do something?” She asked. “Yah! Myeolchi, you should do something to welcome me back! If not, I want a divorce!”

He looked up with eyes wide-opened and stared at Hye Rin. “What did you say?” He asked, laughing at his wife’s rebellion from their marriage rules. “Divorce?”

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: Ahhh, she's the first one to flout our marriage rules! Divorce, tsch! She's not supposed to mention that word!!

In the Studio:
MC: Hye Rin sshi, you two cannot get a divorce! If not, We Got Married episodes will have to be terminated!
 

“Neh! So quickly do something!” She nodded happily.

“Ahhh, its so painful! So painful!” Eunhyuk did an imitation of Hye Rin whining in pain when she was trapped in the van during the accident. Hye Rin rolled her eyes almost to the back of her head and hit him on the arm.

“What?? After you recovered, you became more violent? You are hitting your husband now? Just now stepping on my foot, now hitting my arm?” He asked, cheekily, knowing that he deserves that beating.

In the Studio:
MC: Aissh, Eunhyuk sshi, hitting you = more skinship!! You should be happy! Don't complain!
 

“Arasseo! (I know!)”She answered in a small voice, looking on the floor, kicking her legs lightly in the air. “Let’s say something to mark our comeback to We Got Married!”

“Side-Dish Couple, FIGHTING!” The two of them cheered with their fists punching the air.


Mission 3: Do an activity which you really wish to do after the accident.


“What is this? Why is everything related to the accident? Aissh!” Hye Rin grumbled and walked towards the bench to sit down.

“Don’t be like that! What do you really want to do?” Eunhyuk encouraged, as he flipped the tourist guide which came together with the mission envelope.

“Daebak! We are Koreans touring Korea!” She snorted and whined, “You help me to think! By setting the mission like that, I must be the one to come up with the activity!!”

“Just do it!” Eunhyuk hurried her to make a decision. “Tell me, what do you want to do the most? A place you want to go?” He is still randomly flipping the tourist guide.

“I want to go back to my dorm and sleep! We go back to our own individual dorms and rest, shall we? Then we can meet on MSN Messenger or something!” She suggested brightly, and started walking towards the door.

Hye Rin's Inner Monologue: I was really tired as we had full schedules every day ever since our comeback. I would really want to go back and sleep!

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: What's wrong with her? Does she have some sleeping disease or something??

“No, no, no!” Eunhyuk grabbed her back and forced her to sit down. He stood up in front of her and pestered her some more. “What do you want to do the most?”

“Aissh, I don’t know about you but I am going to sleep here.” She said and lied down on the bench.

In the Studio:
MC: ouhhh! is Hye Rin one of the hardest to wake up??
Kae Lee: YES!
Kyuhyun: Eunhyuk hyung also!
 

Eunhyuk pushed her up and sat beside her, “Quickly!”

“Okay okay, let’s go to the church! I really want to go there!” With that, she stood up and exited the building.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: Second Siwon???


In the car, Hye Rin kept dozing off; Eunhyuk kept pestering her to wake up. “Yah yah yah! Don’t sleep! We are recording!!” He whined.

“Neh! So do something to keep me awake please!” She begged as she rubbed her eyes so hard that her eyeballs nearly fell out.

“So you were a fan of mine since when? 2 years ago?” he asked proudly.

“MWO?! (WHAT?!) Okay, that’s it! I am going to sleep!” she replied, half shocked, half embarrassed.

Hye Rin's Inner Monologue: Why must he keep mentioning the ELF fan thing? Hmmm...

“Ahhh, okay okay. Something else…” He replied quickly while shaking his wife hard so that she will not fall asleep. “What is your favourite hobby?”

“Tsch! So cliché?” She asked, sniggering at her husband’s great effort to think of such a common question. “Hmmm, I like to daydream.”

“Daydream about me right?”

“Pfft!” She turned and looked out of the window. “Ahhh, the weather is so good today! Did you prepare a present for me? To welcome me back?” She asks suddenly.

“Ye…Yeh??” He stuttered, caught totally unaware.

“Present!” She extended her opened palm in front of him. “Please give me!”

“I didn’t prepare!” He admitted with a gummy smile.

“WHAT?! Nichkhun prepared a present for Victoria when he went overseas! Where is mine?!” She exclaimed, faking the anger.

In the Studio:
MC: HAHAHA! A woman's favourite thing to do, compare her husband to someone else's!
Lee Teuk: maybe they shouldnt have said Side-Dish Couple FIGHTING just now. now they are always fighting! hahaha!
MC: ahhh, this is the joy and fun thing of being married, Lee Teuk sshi!!
 

“I prepared! But you met with an accident!” He justified himself.

“Ahh, so it’s my fault! I get it, I get it!” She covered her face with her hands and pretends to sob.

“No, its not your fault... Sorry Kimchi! I will prepare it the next time!” He shook her gently from the side. “Kimchi ah…” He continue nudging her.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: I was like, "oh dear!" I left the necklace back at our dorm. And now she is asking about it! I need to find a hole to bury myself in it. This is the end of Lee Hyukjae.

She continues whining.


Upon reaching the church, they sat themselves down by the pews and Hye Rin closed her eyes in prayer. “Wahh! Your church is so beautiful!” He exclaimed, lifting his head and looking around.

In the Studio:
MC: Okay, Eunhyuk really look like a tourist like this.
Yesung: I was waiting for him to whip out a camera or something!!
 

“Shhh!” She hushed him with her eyes closed.

“I understand.” He too closed his eyes in thanksgiving prayer for the safe return of his wife.


The church service ended and Eunhyuk pestered Hye Rin again. “So what should we do next, Kimchi?”

“Hmmm, I really don’t know!!” She pouted as she scrambled around her brain for ideas for their next activity.

“Ahhh! I know!” She ran and whispered something into the driver’s ear. The driver nodded and motioned for them to hop into the vehicle.


They arrived at a really huge piece of field, opposite a river. The field is almost thrice the size of a football field, covered with long wavy grass, swaying in the wind.

“Are we here to fly kite?” Eunhyuk asked, puzzled.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: What? Field? What for? Why?

“No! We are here to do something which I really want to do all these while!” Hye Rin jumped excitedly on the spot.

The van began to drive away and Eunhyuk ran after the van, “Don’t go! Don’t go! Where is this place? Where did you guys kidnapped me to?!”

Hye Rin took a deep breath and began running haphazardly around the field with both her arms extended out beside her. “AHHHHHHH!!” She yelled as she ran around like a small plane which lost control.

Eunhyuk turned around after hearing her shout and stood there, frozen like a statue. “What on earth is she doing…” He mumbled under his breath as he walked back to where she were.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: This girl... Running around... Don't tell me we are going to do that...

“Yahhh! Are you crazy?!” He shouted loudly across the field.

“NO! THIS IS REALLY FUN! YOU GOT TO TRY IT! I DO THIS A LOT LAST TIME!! AHHHHH!” She replied, still running.

Eunhyuk broke into a fit of hysterical laughs and rolled on the ground, clutching his stomach and gasping for air. “MWOYA!! (What’s this!!)”

In the Studio:
Lee Teuk: Eunhyuk's nightmare has come true!
Kyuhyun: He deserves it. He needs to exercise. In Taiwan, only me, Siwon hyung and Donghae hyung went to jog!
 

Hye Rin ran back and squatted beside the laughing Eunhyuk and frowned. “You, get on your feet and follow me!” She hauled him to his feet, and taking his hands, she led him into the field and got him to run.

“Now, extend your arms beside you and scream!!!” She instructed him and ran ahead of him.

“AHHHH!!”She screamed and turned round and round till she collapsed on the ground from the faint.

“Hye Rin ah!” Eunhyuk got a shock and ran towards her, fearing she might be injured. Before he reached her, she stood up again and began running wildly around the field.

Seeing how his wife is enjoying this, he tried too. “AHHH!!! I AM THE BEST!” He shouted as he ran around the field like a leopard. “I AM SUPER JUNIOR’S EUNHYUK!”

In the Studio:
MC: Aissh, the man is enjoying his fame huh?
Ryeowook: Neh! Eunhyuk keeps on telling everyone that he is the most famous in Thailand!
 

After half an hour, Eunhyuk collapsed onto the ground, still mumbling, “I am the best!” in a soft and breathless voice.

In the Studio:
Kyuhyun: See, he has no stamina!
 

Hye Rin was still running around in circles, shouting something inaudible.

“Yoboseyo? Siwon ah, can you bring the necklace which I bought for Hye Rin from Taiwan to Han River? Hang it on the fifth lamp post. The one which we always run past. At 9PM. Don’t let it go missing!” He hung up abruptly when he saw Hye Rin running towards his direction.

In the Studio:
All: WOOOOOOO~~
 

“YAY!” She concluded her run with a mid-air split and landed beside him. “Its fun right?” She asked him, gasping for air.

He nodded, he couldn’t deny it. The run did help him let out the stress from work and all.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: I wonder how she know of this method, though it is tiring, but it is very stress-relieving. I felt really good after that.

They lied down on the ground and watch the sunset. The field became golden and Hye Rin closed her eyes and took a deep breath of nature.

With the golden field as backdrop, the Polaroid camera flashed. The memory of today’s run has been captured beautifully in that Polaroid shot.

Hye Rin's Inner Monologue: I'm glad I got him to come with me. This is one of the things i really enjoy doing and i really wanted to do it with my husband. Also, he seems so stressed from learning Chinese and the food incompatibility issues in Taiwan. I hope he had a good time.


“Let’s go for dinner! I am starving!” She suggested happily, the run has indeed liftened up her mood.

“Okay, we go to Koryo Restaurant? The one near Han River! I heard they serve really delicious food there!” He replied.

“No, Han River is too far! Let’s eat at somewhere near.” Hye Rin rejected his suggestion.

“Its not far! Let’s go there! I want to!” He insisted. She relented in the end.


On the van, he asked, “So you come here all the time? To do this?”

“Neh! Especially during the times when I was a trainee! I would come here and scream and run if I am feeling down. There was a time when you stood so close to this Thai model while filming a CF, I was so mad that I came here and screamed for 3 hours straight! And also this time when you stood so near this girl called Arden Cho, and even took a picture!” She admitted.

In the Studio:
MC: OUHHH! Eunhyuk is in trouble! Hye Rin even remembered the specific instances!
Minyoo: Neh! She was hopping mad like a fangirl when she saw the pictures on the Internet!
 

“Ahhh, the perfume CF? I really don’t like them! It was just for broadcast sake! Don’t misunderstand!” He added quickly.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: She is a fan, so she know about all those pictures and stuff. If you ask any other random singers, they wouldn't have known. Her reactions were so totally a fan! I can't believe it, its so funny!

“It’s okay, anyway, we are only pretending to be married now, and you can don’t like me…” She said, with a tinge of sadness. “Like you shouted just now, you are Super Junior’s Eunhyuk!!”

“You are an idol now too! Don’t keep thinking you’re still the schoolgirl who is a fan of Super Junior. We are both now on the same level!” He answered.

In the Studio:
MC: The wife is feeling insecure. HAHAHA!
Lee Teuk: Hye Rin sshi, don't worry! Eunhyuk is very cautious around female artistes now! He doesn't want to create any false impressions! His mind is all about you alone!
MC: really?!
Lee Teuk: This is 100% real!
 

“Neh!” She agreed, on surface level. As she looked out of the window, Eunhyuk knew that he has to prove his love for her, and to convince her that his feelings for her as turned from broadcast sake to real passion.


After the dinner, the couple took a walk down Han River. Seoul’s beauty as it’s best.

“Why did you rush me through dinner just now? I could have eaten much more!” Hye Rin complained.

Hye Rin's Inner Monologue: First, he don't let me sleep, then he don't let me eat...

“You can’t eat too much! Lest you want to put on weight!” He looked around anxiously, as if finding something.

“So if I am fat, would you still love me?” She asked, looking up at him.

His eyes were darting around the entire place, “Are you even listening to me?! Or you are looking at other girls now?!” She complained.

“No, I’m not…”He answered in a small voice.

In the Studio:
MC: Is he answering to her 1st question or 2nd question?? hahahah!
 

There were many couples hanging out around the River the night view of Korea glittered before their eyes. “It’s beautiful! This is what I miss the most when I am overseas!” Hye Rin exclaimed, her breath was taken away by the sheer beauty of this city.

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: Huh?! I'm not what she misses when she go overseas? I lost to Korea's night view...

Eunhyuk winked at Siwon who was spotted nearby and Siwon crept away quickly. The couple continued walking and Eunhyuk stopped Hye Rin right before they reach the lamp post.

He pointed to her and said in English, “Blood.” Hye Rin got a nasty shock, and began checking herself, thinking that she is bleeding. Then Eunhyuk added again in English, “ALL!”

She squinted at him and gave him a really queer look, “Where?!”

“All the blood flowing through your body is mine!” Eunhyuk smiled and reached out for the necklace behind her.

“So you are trying to claim credit now? Okay, I get it! I will drain out all the blood and return them to you!” Hye Rin jokingly threatened and walked away.

“Yah! Don’t walk away like that!” He caught up with her and slipped the necklace into his pocket. “You always walk away without me…” he whined.

“Thank you, Eunhyuk sshi… Without you, I would have died, literally.” She said, with a soft and sincere voice, while looking out at the River. He wanted to reach out for her hand but his wife suddenly hopped in front of him.

“Do a dance for me!” Hye Rin requested suddenly. Eunhyuk not wanting to disappoint her, stood on a bench and began to do a short segment of Perfection’s choreography.

“Ahhh, that’s so cool!” She clapped and looked at her husband admiringly. “Totally cool!”

In the Studio:
Minyoo: Hye Rin sshi really really like Perfection's choreography! She watches it over and over again to try to learn!!
 

He smiled to himself, secretly satisfied with the compliment.


There were many couples passing by them and they were pointing and whispering to each other in a hush tone.

They walked quickly, deciding to head home, after the awkward attention their idol status has attracted.

“Hold her hand, Eunhyuk!” One man shouted, while holding his girlfriend’s hand. “Hold her hand!” He cheered.

The Side-Dish couple looked at each other, then quickly looking away, their faces were both as red as a tomato.

In the Studio:
MC: they should change their name from Side-Dish Couple to Tomato Couple!
 

“Shall we head back to the car?” Hye Rin broke the awkward silence. “It’s getting late, and we both have schedules tomorrow morning.”

As they started out towards the car, Eunhyuk secretly took Hye Rin’s hand in his. She looked up at him, surprised. He merely continued looking ahead at the path in front of them and flashed his gummy smile. Hye Rin smiled too and tightened her fingers around his, as confirmation for her reciprocal.

Hye Rin's Inner Monologue: I got a surprise! A pleasant surprise! When i watch other We Got Married episodes, the couples usually take like quite long to hold hands, so i didnt expect a lot. Especially i read somewhere that Eunhyuk is very shy, if he is alone with the girl, he wouldnt dare to hold her hand. So i was pleasantly surprised. ^^

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: Having almost lost her once, i really wanted to show her how much she means to me.. Yes.. That's why i held her hand that night..


Outside Girlfriends’ dorm, Eunhyuk pulled out the necklace and instructed Hye Rin to close her eyes. He put it on for her and turned her around. “Welcome back, Kimchi Wife!” He said, looking down at his wife. “I am really thankful that you returned back to me safe and sound.”

In the Studio:
MC: ahhh, the necklace which the bear was wearing that day at Namsan Tower! Where's the bear? He's not giving her the bear anymore?
Ryeowook: I'm using it as a bolster now... kekekeke^^
 

Hye Rin the necklace and looked up, tears were welling up inside her eyes, ready to fall over. “I thought you didn’t prepare?” She muttered.

“I did! I lied to you to give you a surprise!” He laughed.

“Thank you Eunhyuk sshi! Saranghaeyo!” She gave him a big bear hug and paused in his chest for a second of two. “Thank you…”

Eunhyuk was so shocked that he couldn’t think straight. He was about to explode into fireworks from the happiness surging from within. Before he could fully savour this moment of skinship, a voice boomed. Eunhyuk rolled his eyes after seeing the figure come closer towards them.

“Hyung! I was the one who brought it all the way to Han River for you, hyung! Since you're only giving it here, why make me travel all the way there?”

Eunhyuk's Inner Monologue: I wanted to give it to her there, after i told her that my blood is within her and we are one. But she suddenly walked away and threatened to drain her blood. So i lost the chance.

“Huh?” Hye Rin pulled away and looked at Eunhyuk.

“Here is your next mission envelope!” Siwon handed them their task.

“Ahhh, so fast?!” the Side-Dish couple collapsed to the floor and kicked the envelope away from them.