SPECIAL INTERVIEW: Girlfriends’ Comeback after 3 Months of Recuperation

WE GOT MARRIED SEASON 4 (fanfic version)

[After a hiatus of almost 4 months since the tragic accident which happened on the Olympic Highway in Episode 6, Girlfriends have recently resumed all their schedules and is continuing with the promotion of their delayed album release. All members have fully recovered and are now back, stronger than before.]

We Got Married filming will also be resumed as well and today, Girlfriends have granted an official media conference with MBC to announce their comeback.


Reporter: The tragic accident which happened while you guys were on your way for Hye Rin’s We Got Married schedule venue… Do you want to talk about it? What happened actually?

(Members shifted uncomfortably in their seats, Minyoo and Hye Rin looked down on the floor, with a weak smile plastered across their faces.)

Nu-Ree: (suddenly spoke up) It was a traumatic experience, especially for our Minyoo and Hye Rin. We were all plugged into our iPods and closed our eyes for a short rest since we had had a long day that day. Suddenly, there was a loud honking sound. I opened my eyes and was blinded by the oncoming headlights. Then the van swerved and overturned, the members were screaming in fright. For about 3 minutes or so, the chaos ended. I felt very dizzy and there was a sharp pain in my right leg and in my back. I could hear voices from outside the van. I seriously thought all would have ended right there, that I would lose a limb and can never dance forever…

Kae Lee: We were less seriously injured but our unnis (Minyoo and Hye Rin) who were sitting in front took most of the impact. I felt a sharp jab into my right arm, but by then, unnis were bleeding all over their faces and bodies, and they could not respond to our voices at all. It was really scary. But thankfully, all is over now.


Reporter:So how did you feel to be back now after a long period of hiatus? Do you have anything to say to your beloved fans who have been waiting for you guys?

Minyoo: We are very blessed to have survived this ordeal and thank all our fans for patiently waiting and praying for us. We received painstaking gifts from our fans every day! Our bodies are ours and our fans’ and we will take good care of ourselves! (smiles) The past few months indeed have been a trying period for Girlfriends. But we are very touched to see the care and concern of our fans, co-workers, staff and fellow singers. Now that we are back, we will work even harder to present a better and more fantastic image to all of you. Please continue to give Girlfriends your love and support. Thank you, once again. (bows)


Reporter: For Hye Rin, after suffering such a major impact from the accident and now returning back to the recording of We Got Married, what are your feelings, concerns and/or things you want to say to your husband?

Hye Rin: Ahh… (thinks for a moment) As what our Minyoo has mentioned, we are very thankful to have survived this. Thank you to all who has prayed for us. We apologise for have made you guys worried about us. We can never fully express our gratitude and happiness to be back onstage again. I would like to especially thank my husband, Eunhyuk, for his real act of courage and support for me, by donating some of his blood to me when I needed it the most. Also, to Super Junior, who has been very near us through all these. Siwon oppa always text us to say he had always been praying for us every day. Now I am back, thanks to Eunhyuk’s blood, I will work even harder for We Got Married and be the best wife for him ever. Thank you very much! (bows) Myeolchi ah, I will see you tomorrow!! (winks)


The Side-Dish Couple will make their onscreen comeback tomorrow. Stay tuned to MBC’s We Got Married!