Chapter IX

Sherlock's Lost Chapters {Hiatus}

Taemin stumbled around the back alleys of London, bottle in hand. Knowing that at an age such as his, he should not need to think of finding refuge in something as vile as back street alcohol he acquired from the grasp of a sleeping begger. The kid was desperate. Heart broken. Deeply confused. For someone as smart as himself he did not see this coming.

'Taemin, I am not surprising to see you here, but only slightly to see you alone. What of the others' Microft turned to the boy who had only seconds earlier climbed through his window.

'They are on their way so I thought I would surprise them.' He replied, happy with the idea that he had beat the others.

'Then what if I were to tell you that they need not be here at all? After all you did the majority of this alone.' Taemin gave the man a puzzled expression. 'You are a smart kid Taemin, very smart in fact. It seems you worked out that it was I who had left the message. So I do not feel any guilt in confiding such information into such a young mind. Sit.'

Taemin did as he was told and faced the man. 'But Mr. Microft sir you surely aren't anything to do with this case, so explain to me why you have called me here.' The man stood and turned his back to the boy. 'I called you here to tell you about you. All of you and why you are here.' Without Taemin having but a mere chance to interject Microft continued. 'All of you boys are gifted, yes we know, but the problem was others were jealous. When Jinki was born everyone celebrated the birth of a child who was already showing signs of great intelligence. However by the time Kibum was born and Jinki and Jonghyun had grown, everyone around was devising plans to get rid of you. Even though you and Minho were not yet born they knew you would be. Jinki's, Jonghyun's and Kibum's parents fought to protect you all even when they did not know at what time Minho and yourself would be born.' Microft stayed standing but turned himself to Taemin once more, a solemn look on his aged face.

'Because of you five there was a lot of death, too much. Once Minho was 5 months his own mother killed herself because she was one of them. She could not kill her own son but was so enraged at him she drowned herself right in front of his eyes.'

Tears had started to fall from the boy's eyes after the man had spoke those words but could only assume they would get worse.

'By the time you were born Taemin, all of the other children and their parents had gathered to stay safe, happily letting your family in. This was the time everything got out. The men who were against you were plotting. They attacked, killing all family any of you had, however they never found any of you Shinee boys. Jinki and Jonghyun had hidden all of you. I later found you in a terrible state and brought you all to London for safety. Have you any questions?' Microft asked staring into the black orbs of Taemin's eyes. They were so red from silently crying and puffy from where he must have repeatedly rubbed at them.

'Sir, wh-why did they k-k-kill our families? What gave them the right to attack children just because they were smart? W-wh-wh-' Taemin then cracked and sobbed for the first time in a while.

'There are people in this world who feel threatened by the slightest things, most of them now live a life of crime because of this. Now I must ask you to leave now because I do believe the rest of Sherlock are here.' Taemin stood, bowed then left by the same way he entered.

The memory of the recent discussion sent him crashing to the ground. He had never spent time with his parents, why hadn't he been the eldest? Then he could have had at least one memory of them.

The alcohol had a powerful hold over him now, twisting his thought, making him tired beyond anything he had ever felt and disturbing his stomach to point that it's contents found itself on the ground next to his face. "Hyung's, please help me! I'm so so sor-"