Chapter VIII

Sherlock's Lost Chapters {Hiatus}

 


Jinki fumbled around with the bolt to the carriage as it arrived at it’s destination. Their plan was, well they hadn’t actually thought one other than to just “run head first into traffic”, as the saying goes.

“Jinki are you going to play with that bolt all day or can we pay the driver and go find this idiot?!” Jinki snapped out of his thoughts, finding Kibum nose to nose with him and unbolted the door.

“Jonghyun pay the nice man,” Jonghyun sighed but obliged. Jinki chuckled “Minho go and knock the door, we’re right behind you” Joining in with Jonghyun’s sighs Minho walked up the steps to 17 Crossway Road holding his fist out.

Turning to see if the other were behind Minho beat the rather sort door.

“Minho” Kibum gasped. Minho slowly turned back to the door. In front of his eyes though was not the large oaken object he had expected to see but a fuming middle aged man breathing through gritted teeth.

“Sorry sorry sorry, oh my I’m so so sorry!” Minho repeated while the others found it nigh on impossible to hold in their sniggers.

“Shut up boy! You’re lucky you were expected otherwise that pretty face of yours wouldn’t be as pretty as it is now because I would have punched it and then it would be ugly.”

That was it. All of Sherlock were now crying with laughter.

“W-whaaaahaaa you h-haaaave quite a way with w-words don’t you sir!” Jonghyun burst.

It was quite a few minutes before they quietened down getting odd looks from passers-by as the door man tried to apologise to them saying that these boys were simple minded.

“Have you quite finished yet? This is serious you know.”

Composing themselves they followed the door man inside. The house was very large and well furbished. The walls were lined with old paintings and family portraits while the floor was marble with red carpet that matched the velvet drapes

"Don't touch!" The door man all but screamed as Jonghyun nearly dropped an antique vase. "Follow me quick you stupid Asian kids."

 This man was certainly one of the rudest they had ever met but that wasn't surprising seeing as they could be walking into a trap.

 That was when they all remembered why they were here.

They were all so distracted by their childish sense of humour that they had forgotten to check for traps and escape routes. Too late to back out now they continued to follow the grumpy man up the stairs to a small brown door. He knocked once and left soundlessly.

 "Enter." A familiar voice sounded. Not wanting any more incidents Jinki opened the half way and stepped in, only to cause all the others to walk into him as he halted. The sheer force of the others' weight caused Jinki to fall forwards into a kneeling position.

 "You!" All four boys chorused.

A man rose from behind the desk so Jinki was staring up at him.

 "Not impressed Jinki. Not just Jinki mind you. Out of all five of you the only one of you who I am vaguely impressed with at the moment is Taemin, but he's already left."

"But Mr Microft Sir, when was Taemin here, he's at home with Mrs Hudson..."

 The large old man chuckled at that statement "You want me to believe that your groups youngest is at home with your landlady or whoever even though he was just in here talking to me about what you are here to talk about in the first place?"

 Microft took a deep breath showing that he was done speaking, his chest heaving greatly.

 All four boys were completely shocked. A. Taemin had disobeyed them and B. he had made it there before them, managed to have a full conversation and leave. Kid of many talents they would always say. "You know that boy is doing pretty well on his own. Maybe you should think about splitting up."

Microft's last words were the ones that had manage to ruffle all of Sherlock's feathers. Splitting up was certainly out of the question, the mere thought of it made them shudder. They were brothers; not by blood, but at heart. They had been through more than any normal siblings would ever go through together. Yes they would fall out or fight but that's normal for anyone who had lived together for that long. Come on Jinki and Jonghyun had practically raised the others.

 "God, you kids, I was only joking. No need to start drifting off into your own little dream lands. Anyway back to business; you all need to get you act together. I'm not prepared to repeat what I had just explained to Taemin, so I suggest you go and find that boy and get him to tell you everything. Plus give him more of a chance, he may be young but he has a differently perspective to all of you. Learn to work well as a team." Microft leant back in his chair resting his arms behind his head. "Now get out of my sight!"

Bowing they walked out silently, now in search of their missing member.