Telling Our Parents

Run With Me

Jae's POV:

Two weeks have passed since Key confessed to me. We have been going out together a lot and are now considered as a couple. Well now that I think about it, I think were both inseparable. But theres a tiny problem..... scratch that.... Kind of a huge problem. Since we've started dating his parents were all for it and supported us but as for mine... well.... we didn't really tell my parents yet.

My parents are the very strict type. They expect a lot from me. Actually more than a lot. They want me to get good education, be a successful business woman, and get married to rich good looking man. Well at least I've got one of those. I've got a good looking man that's for sure... but as for the rest, I don't have and I know I will never have. I don't want to be a business woman. I want to be a photographer. I don't plan on going to University... probably college but nothing else and I don't care about the money.... as long as I live my life happily. That is all I want.

My parents knew that me and Kibum were close friends which bothered them a bit since he wasn't rich, but they accepted it. But now that were going out, I think things are going to go terribly unless god made a miracle.

Me and Kibum were at a small fair walking around holding hands while the sun was setting. It was already 7:30pm to be exact. We had gone on all the rides and were done for the day.

"I better take you home before your parents get upset and worried" Key said.

I pouted and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Awww. I was having a great time with you. I hate how my parents are always ruining the moment."

Key chuckled "I know, I had a great time with you too. But if I bring you home late I'll probably lose your parents respect."

Still disappointed, I looked down to my feet. I hate being controlled by my parents. I hope all of this changes one day.

Key noticed I was feeling down and lifted up my chin causing our eyes to meet. "Don't be sad Jae.. I know you don't like your parents but as time goes by, you can go your own way." He said as he slightly smiled.

Just by seeing his smile, I always smile. He seems to cheer me up every time I feel down.

A few seconds later Key leaned his head towards me and pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck feeling the slight warmth his lips were giving mine. I felt his arms snake around my waist and pulling me closer. At that moment we shared a sweet passionate kiss in the sunset.

When we finally pulled away, we both gazed into each others eyes.

"I love you Jae." I head Key whisper sweetly.

"I love you too" I whispered back in reply.

Key's POV:

I drove Jae home and took small glances at her when possible. I had my left hand on the steering wheel and my right arm leaning against the small arm rest between mine and Jae's seats. As I drove I felt Jae's fingers intertwine with mine. I couldn't help but smile.

As time passed we finally made it to her house and put the car to a stop and looked over to her. 

"Want me to walk you to the door?" I said with a slight smile.

"Sure.." she said smiling back in return.

I got out of the car and walked around to open the door for Jae. She stepped out and I held her hand walking up the hill towards the mansion. That's right. She lived in a huge mansion with her rich parents. My small apartment was nothing compared to her home. I remember her telling me one time that she hated it. She didn't like the big space and she hated it's empty feeling. She preferred small, cozy places like my apartment. And yes, she has come to my apartment before to do homework together and sometimes just to hang out.

We finally reached the top and we were already at her door step. I turned my body and faced her, holding both of her hands.

"Text me later okay?" I said to her slightly smiling.

She nodded happily in response. "yea..." 

I smiled and my eyes targeted her lips. I slowly leaned in and kissed her passionately closing my eyes. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her as closely as I could to feel her body pressed against mine. She kissed back and pressed her hands gently on my chest feeling my heart beat. We continued to kiss until her parents opened the front door.

"JAE!!! WHAT ON EARTH....?!?!" Her father yelled as we quickly pulled away from each other. 

"WHY ARE YOU AND KIBUM MAKING OUT IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE?!!?" Jae's father continued to yell as his face became red in anger.

"I.....uhh..... daddy.... Me and Kibum started dating..." She said shyly looking down in fear of what her father would do next.

"I thought you two were only friends!!!" Her mother started to yell.

"Ma'am, We were friends but we grew feelings for each other. I love your daughter..." I bowed a full 90 degrees and begged. 

"Please..... May I date your daughter?...Please...." I pleaded. 

I slowly looked up only seeing the angry faces of her parents looking at me in disgust. Jae's mother looked over to her only giving her a stare.

"What is wrong with you Jae?! This boy is poor!!! We will not accept this!!!" Her mother yelled.

Once that was said my heart felt like it was shattered into pieces. Her father pushed her inside the house causing her to fall down and cry. 

"Don't touch her!!" I yelled back finally building up the courage but only hearing a scoff coming from her father.

"Go home boy! Your not welcome here!! And I will NEVER let you date my daughter!" He said as the door slammed shut. 

I walked back to my car in tears. I don't know what to do!! How can she have parents like this?! Right now I want to comfort her but... I can't...

I got in the car and hit the steering wheel in frustration still in tears. After a while I calmed down a bit but was still in tears.

"I hope Jae is okay.....I can't let this happen to her....."