Chapter 3

Ashamed.

 

"We're here." Yuri was standing in front of a night carnival. She remembered that the three of them would go here on the weekends, but that was before she got promoted and before Jessica moved to a bigger company.

"Are you sure she's here ? It's not that...fancy." Jessica looked up to see her wife.

"Let's just go inside." She pulled her hand.

Everything reminded them of their years as a young couple with the cute little girl. A visit to amusement park could take up a whole day, but a brief one to the carnival could bring the equal happiness to little Yoona.

"It's been a long time since we came here." Jessica smiled bitterly at the memory.

"Yeah, she would just ran into the booths and begged us to win her dolls and toys."

"So, where do you think she is ?"

"I have no idea, but let's just walk around."

The couple then walked around the carnival, letting the memories flooded their minds. "We don't spent much time with her indeed. Seohyun said that probably she's influenced by the kids in her school so she acted that way."

Jessica only nodded at Yuri's words. She could feel the guilt slowly eating her up, for being way too busy and forgot about her daughter.

She remembered the time when Yuri brought the topic of baby, she had a fight with her wife because she didn't want to have kids. Then when she reluctantly decided to be the one to carry the baby. She also remembered how ecstatic she was when she knew that she's pregnant. Jessica had sworn to raise her kid with all of her heart and might ever since.

When Yoona was born into this world, her cry alarmed her that another journey in her life had started. The kid's doe eyes was always her weakness, who couldn't say no to the pair of cute eyes like that ? And uniquely, Yoona resembled Yuri a lot. From the way they always worked together to put pranks on her to the weird whines they let out when they're hungry were similar.

"Do you remember when Yoona was awestruck by a huge bear doll in a booth and she begged you to win the game ? You won the bear after the 10th try, hahaha."

"You mean her blue teddy bear ?"

"No, the huge bear doll, the cute one. Ah, what's the name ? Rilakkuma ! Yeah, Rilakkuma is the name."

"What ?" There's a light bulb in Yuri's head.

"Rilakkuma. You don't know ?"

"She must be in that booth ! Come on !" Yuri pulled Jessica with her and searched for the booth that has that bear as a gift.

Yuri panted heavily after running for the booth, and she's now standing in front of it. "She must be here. I know she loves this bear so much." Yuri looked around, looking for her beloved deer in the middle of crowd. But Yoona's nowhere. Jesica was slowly losing her hope. It's been a long time since they had talked to her, who would know if the girl had changed her interest from a cute bear to something else ?

"She's not here, Yuri. This is wasting ti-"

"Mommy ? Umma ?"

Startled by the call, Yuri and Jessica turned around and saw their daughter was standing in front of them. She looked pretty messy, it seemed like she wore the same clothes from two days ago.

"Yoona !" Jessica ran to her daughter and hugged her tightly. "Where have you been ?"

"Doing...stuff, mommy." Yoona hugged her mom back.

Unlike Jessica, Yuri couldn't do anything and just stood there, watching her wife busy interrogating their daughter. She didn't know why, there's no explanation why her feet was stuck to the ground. She wished she could hug her the way her wife did, kiss the girl's cheek like Jessica did. Yuri was itching to do all of that after the longest 48 hours in her life, but she was frozen in her place and just stared at her family busy conversing.

"Umma ?" Yoona's voice woke her up from the train of thoughts.

"Yeah ?"

"Win me that Rilakkuma, pleaseeeee....." Yoona hugged her mother's hand and tried to give her best aegyo awkwardly.

And Yuri finally gave her widest smile of the day. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona's back !

She's still awkward though. Wait a bit for her explanation :D

Thanks ^^