Chapter 1

Ashamed.

Loud crashing sound can be heard from one of the room in the house. A woman came to approach the source, halting the activity that occupied her before.

"What's wr-Oh my God ! Yuri, come here !" The other woman called Yuri immediately approached her wife and couldn't believe her eyes. "Yoona !"

There she was, laying with blood pooled near her fresh wound. Her face was pale, and Jessica couldn't understand why her daughter would do something like this. The room was a mess, it seemed like she was hurt by the pieces of the broken vase.

"Call ambulance, Yuri." Her voice was feeble, it's clear that she tried hard to hold back the tears. "You hold her for a sec, Sica."

"What happened  ?" Jessica finally cried while holding the limp young girl close to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How is she, doc ?"

The doctor massaged her temple, she's clearly exhausted but still managed to put a smile. "She is okay. A long rest will do, and make sure to give the right amount of attention to her."

"Alright. Thanks, doctor."

"You're welcome." The doctor walked away and the couple looked at each other. "Yuri, am I not good enough to ber her mom ?"

"What are you talking about ? You're the best, Sica." She pulled the trembling woman closer, buried her in the warm embrace. "Maybe she did this because of me ?" Jessica looked up, tears was visible.

"Sshh, let's just see her." Yuri held her wife's hand tightly and led her to their daughter's room.

"Yoona ? Hi, honey." Yuri tried to sound as cheerful as possible, but Yoona didn't respond. She's awake, but she didn't look at her parents.

"Yoona baby, how are you ?" Jessica reached to touch her daughter's hand, but the young girl flinched. Still, Yoona didn't say anything nor look at her parents.

Hurt by her action, Jessica stayed quiet and backed away. She let her wife to talk to Yoona.

"Hey baby...," Yuri sat on the edge of Yoona's bed. "Mind telling Umma what happened ?" Yuri reached for her hair to caress, but the girl swatted her mom's hand away.

She finally turned her head towards Jessica and Yuri, but the usual smile didn't painted across her flawless face. "I just want to go home."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride home was in silent. Yoona was discharged from the hospital after three days, and the doctor only said that she needed a long rest at home.

Jessica and Yuri didn't understand why their daughter suddenly gave them cold shoulder. She only spoke when she's hungry or when she needed to go to the bathroom, but that's it.

"Yoona, what do you want to eat for dinner ? Maybe we can stop to buy the ingredients first." Yuri said while driving. "Anything, I don't care."

Jessica sighed at the conversation. What had happened ? Yoona was always a good kid, she's always cheerful and bright. "Yoona baby, is it okay if we eat fried rice tonight ? There are enough ingredients for fried rice at home, so we don't have to stop and you can rest immediately."

"Whatever. I don't feel like eating tonight, anyway."

Jessica flinched at her daughter's harshness, but Yuri held her hand and tried to calm the woman down.

When the family arrived home, Yoona was going straight to her room and carried all her belongings by herself. Yuri didn't even have the chance to hold the girl's hand when she got out of the car.

"Maybe this all is because of me. You know, I'm a bit too busy nowadays. Probably I don't give her enough attention." Jessica hung her head low. Yuri sighed at her wife's words. "Maybe it's not yours, it's mine. I don't play with her a lot like I used to. Ah, let's just go inside, baby."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yoona ? The food's ready, honey !" Jessica smiled at the food she made. 'Not the best but she'll like this.' "Yuri, would you please call her to come down ? It's better to eat this while warm." Yuri nodded and got up from her seat.

"Yoona ? Your mom has made the food, dear."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be outside." Though the answer was sounded a bit reluctant, Yuri was still happy since she answered. "Alright, Umma's waiting downstairs."

"Where is she ?" Jessica was preparing for the utensils when Yuri came down. "She'll be here soon."

Jessica nodded at her wife. It's been a long time since they had a dinner together like this, so this was a precious moment for her.

Yoona finally came, her hair was messy and eyebags were visible. "What ? What's going on ?" Her tone was annoyed, but Jessica tried to be patient. "Let's eat ! Mommy made this." She pointed at the fried rice. "This one's for Umma...," Jessica gave Yuri a plate of fried rice and gave the other one to Yoona. "And this one's for Yoong !" Yoona reluctantly took the plate full of fried rice from her mom. The girl shoved a spoonful of fried rice to , but then she spat it out.

"What is this ?! Are you trying to kill me ? This isn't food !" Yoona threw the spoon and the fork to the ground. "Yoona !" Yuri's voice boomed. "Where's your manner ?"

"Do I have to show my manner to you ?!"

Jessica and Yuri widened at their daughter's words. "Watch your mouth, Kwon Yoona !" Yuri's voice was full of anger. "I'm tired of this ! I don't want to live here again !" Yoona ran towards the stairs, but Yuri took her hand. "What are you talking about ?"

Jessica couldn't say anything at her daughter's outburst. She really thought that it's her fault that Yoona could be like this. "Yuri, maybe she's tired-" Jessica tried to separate them, but Yuri only didn't do anything and kept on holding Yoona. "Sica, even if she's tired she doesn't have the right to speak that way ! I don't raise her to act like this !"

Yoona turned around to face her parents and pulled her hand from Yuri's grasp harshly. "You know I'm tired of what ? I'm tired of being the daughter of a gay couple like you !"

Yuri's palm landed harshly on Yoona's cheek. "I said to watch your mouth, you little kid." She said through her gritted teeth.

"So, what now after you slapped me, huh ?! I'm ashamed to be your daughter of two dirty people like you !"

"You know nothing about us !" Yuri roared while Jessica was cornering herself, she's afraid of fights between her daughter and her wife.

"Yes, I know ! Being a gay is such a disgrace to the family, and I'm sure that I'm not your daughter since Mommy was the one that gave birth to me ! You are not my mom, and I don't understand why I should have Kwon as my surname when you can't even produce ."

"That's it ! Get out of this house !"

"I've been waiting for this moment. Getting kicked out is better than suicide." With that words, Yoona stormed out of the house. Leaving a fuming Yuri and sobbing Jessica.      

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is it ? What do you think about Yoona's role here ?

:D Tell me your thoughts below ^^