Chapter 2

What is Love?

    I turned around to see who grabbed my arm, but I accidentally fell down the stairs letting my suitcases go in the process. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Instead it felt like a cushion yet firm at the same time, so I opened my eyes to see why.

    I gasped and quickly got off the person. What made it more embarrassing was that it was a guy! No wonder why I was cushioned during my fall. Ugh how embarrassing! No time to worry about that though, I have to make sure he's okay.


    "Are you okay?!" I said in a worried tone.


    "Ugh...uh.." He mumbled. I checked for any injuries to make sure that he was okay. I looked at his face to check for any scars or bumps, but that's not exactly what I looked at. He was really attractive like those guys from the Korean dramas, but he looked distinctly familiar. No, I'm probably imagining this. How could I possibly know someone from this orphanage, overall an orphanage?

    I sat there trying to figure out why he seemed so familiar, but I soon got interrupted by the sounds of footsteps coming up the stairs. I couldn't let them see this, or they would think I'm some crazy person who just let their anger out on someone else! What should I do?! My room was right there if I just walked up the stairs. I was about to run up the stairs and leave, but I couldn't just leave him there.

    I finally made up my mind to take him to my room till he came back to his senses. I carried him with all my might up the stairs, and put him carefully on the bed. Then I ran down the stairs and retrieved my suitcases. Right as I got into my room the person who was coming upstairs came and knocked on my door. I got really lucky to make it on time.


    "EunAe, do you like your room? If you have any questions then you can always come and ask me." The orphanage guardian said. Oh it was only the guardian, but still that would be embarrassing!


    "Yes, thank you so much for the room. I'll be sure to ask you any questions if I have any." I replied quite out of breath.


    "That's great to hear! And of course you can ask about anything. Well I'm going to my room that's on the first floor. Feel free to come if you need any help."

    "Thank you." I said as I was unpacking, and checking to see if the guy woke up.


    "Hmm I wonder where MinHyuk went to..." Orphanage guardian mumbled as he was going down the stairs. Did he just say MinHyuk? No way... it can't be him, there is just no way it could be the MinHyuk I knew. I turned to look at him once more, but right as I did his eyes opened.