Chapter 1

What is Love?

    Everyone was eating dinner when I came to the orphanage. I felt their stares on me when I came through the door. I kept my head towards the ground for I feared that their stares would be as cold as ice.

    "Starting today we will have a new person joining our family." The orphanage guardian said. I gave a light smile hearing that, but I quickly wiped the smile off my face. I hope no one noticed that.

    "EunAe? Are you listening?"

    "Oh sorry... What was it?" I replied rather embarrased.

    "Oh that's fine. You will have a room to yourself on the third floor. Is that fine with you?"

    "Yes that's perfectly fine. Thank you." I said as I was getting ready to go up, but the guardian told me to stay and eat dinner with the rest. I was pretty hungry, so I agreed to eat. I was really nervous because I didn't know anybody here! I still hung my head low, so no one could look at me.

    "EunAe, are you ok? Are you sick anywhere?" 

    "Oh no. I'm fine. I just kinda feel sleepy that's all." I replied in a cracked voice. Ughh so emabarrasing!

    "Oh whew! I thought you got sick, and I got worried there. I'm happy to know that you're doing fine. I bet you are tired after what recently happened. I'm very sorry that happened."

    "Ahh... yeah... you heard about that huh? Can I ask kindly to not talk about that subject?" I said in a rather cold tone.

    "Oh yes! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you. I only heard a part of the story from the police officer that brought you here."

    "Ah I see. Thank you for respecting my feelings." I said as I turned up to the orphanage guardian and smiled. He just stared at me with his mouth hanging wide open. I was confused why he was staring at me like that. Did I look ugly? Was my face bloated from crying all night? Ughhh now I'm so embarrased! I quickly looked down to the ground again. I couldn't even talk correctly when I tried to question him.

    "Is...some...something....wrong...wit...with...my...face?" I said in a worried tone.

    "No! Sorry about that... it's just when you smiled... words can't express your beauty! When you came through that door, I didn't even get a chance to see your face till now. You are really beautiful EunAe." The orphanage guardian replied with a smile.

    "Ah... thank you. Please excuse me." I said that as I was running up the stairs. No one besides my parents ever told me that. I was blushing so much that my cheeks were the color of roses! I was going up the stairs as fast as I could till someone grabbed my arm.

 

 

 

~~~~Author's Note~~~~

    Sorry guys if it's bad >< I'm trying the best to write as much as I can! Please subscribe and comment <3 I will try my best! Love you <3 :D