16.

Our Love

The next day I woke up ad checked my phone. I got a text from Woohyun. I put my phone down. I didn't really want to check it, but it could be something important like our project or something to do with school. I don't know. I picked up my phone and checked it.

 

'Hey, we should title our work so it can be complete.' I read.

 

'Okay, but what should we title it?' I replied.

 

'I'm not sure.' he answered quickly.

 

'Do you think you can come over? So we can finish it together.' 

 

'Sure (: what is your address?'

 

'Hold on. Let me look for it.' 

 

I went to the kitchen where my mom usually leaves the mail and grabbed whatever had our address. I typed the address and checked it a million times just in case I would give him a wrong address. Then I sent it to him. I got a reply quickly.

 

'I'll be there soon (:'

 

I tidied up the living room and the kitchen quickly and as quitely as I could so that my mom wouldn't wake up. Five minutes later she woke up. She looked at me confused. I gave her a 'what' look.

 

"Why is it clean in here?" she asked.

 

"A friend is coming over so we can finish our photography project," I said.

 

"Oh," she nodded,"I'll peel some fruit and put out snacks."

 

"No, mom, its okay," I said,"I'll do it."

 

"No, you're my daughter and I will do these things for you," she smiled.

 

"You already do too much for me mom," I sighed.

 

Soon the doorbell rang. My mom ended up taking care of the snacks and I walked to the door. I felt a sudden dizzyness and I had a bit of trouble getting to the door. Once I got to the door I opened it and smiled.

 

"Sunhee, are you okay?" was the first thing I heard from Woohyun,"you look a bit pale."

 

"Yeah. I'm fine," I responded.

 

I made him come in and he sat in the couch. I went to the kitchen to drink some water because of how I was feeling. My mom wasn't very worried because she knows this happens at times. I went back to the living room and sat next to Woohyun.

 

"Before we start, I just want to apologize for what happened yesterday," he said.

 

"It's okay," I said,"no worries."

 

Then we got quiet and awkward. Ahhh. I don't know what to do. Soon my mom came out with a tray of fruit and snack with two cups of water and two cups of mango juice. She smiled at us. Thank goodness she came in.

 

"Thanks, mom," I smilled.

 

Soon I saw Woohyun get up quickly and bow a full 90 degrees bow to my mom. My mom smiled to me weirdly. Then Woohyun stood up straight and smiled to my mom. My mom smiled back at him.

 

"My name is Nam Woohyun, nice to meet you," he said.

 

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Sunhee's mom," my mom said. My mom kept smiling,"I'll be going to my room, Sunhee."

 

"Okay. Rest well," I chirped.

 

We watched my mom go to her room. He started taking out the pictures. He gave them to me and also took out some other stuff too. The last thing he took out was his laptop. Oh yeah... Our power point. I almost forgot.

 

"So shall we start with the title?" he asked.

 

"Sure," I nodded,"I was thinking for a title while you were on your way and since we have a lot of nature photos and things that have to do with the world then I think we should name our project 'Beauty of the World'."

 

"I like it," he nodded,"good idea."

 

"A description for our project should be: There's beauty in the world even though we may not see it. Its in many places that people don't bother to stop to look at or admire not even for just a moment. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," I said.

 

"Wow," he said,"that's great."

 

"Thanks," I smiled.

 

He started typing. I repeated when he'd forget what I said. We would laugh a bit because he couldn't remember well. He put it in nice font and a picture of our shadows as the backround. 

 

"To show the class I think we should put the photos in a special folder with its name and a short description then pass them around," he said.

 

"Yeah. That's a good idea," I nodded," I think I have some folders."

 

"It's okay," he said,"I brought some here."

 

He took some folders out, some tape, and also took out some markers too. I started taping the pictures to the folder. Woohyun grabbed some pictures and started taping some too. Soon we were done.

 

"Let's take a break and eat some snacks," I said.

 

"Okay," he nodded.

 

I drank some mango juice and ate some apples. Woohyun ate some oranges. We both then went for the shrimp chips and we accidently touched hands, but I pulled away quickly. He chuckled when he saw my face and I couldn't help but laugh too. 

 

We then went back to try and name the photo plus the descriptions. We took soome small breaks in between and ate snacks too. When we were done, we still had a lot of snacks left. My mom served us too much. 

 

"Do you want to watch some TV until we finish the snacks?" I asked.

 

"Why?" he smiled,"don't want me to leave."

 

"Haha. I just can't eat all of these by myself," I said. He pouted.

 

I the TV and a drama was playing. It was quite interesting, so we ended up watching that. We ate most of the snacks until we both got tired and then everything went blank.