Lust

Wilted Blossoms

* (Lust ▬▬▬

 

We all have our cravings and desires for something. Whether it is for fame or fortune, there is always something. Even the happiest man in the world would have something they would wish for, something that would make them smile for eternity. But also, there is always something, anything that could bring even the strongest willed man onto his knees, making him surrender.

Lies pull down my soul and betrayal force me down into my knees. As they both circle around me, I live on in life, dragging myself on my knees. When I hear the word ‘desires’, I think about my cherry blossom tree, in full bloom. How it brought such happiness and meaning to my life.

As I made my way up to the small shop down the road, I saw her. Rina Suzuki. Her beautiful, porcelain face glowed in the golden sunlight. But her eyes, they were clouded in darkness and maliciousness. I could almost smell her arrogance as she handed her money over the counter to the kind old lady managing the shop.

When she left, I slowly walked up to the shop. ‘The usual,’ I said quickly. As the old lady busied herself with my groceries, I searched on the spot for Rina. Without any difficulty, I found her cat-walking down the dusty roads, her bag swinging from her arm. The local teenage boys stared at her in awe of her perfect beauty; if only they could see her inner ‘beauty’ when they were staring. ‘Here you go! All ready!’ the lady at the shop smiles. I could see a tiny smirk on Rina’s face as she pretended not to notice that she was seducing half the town, and I could see her expression that meant she was scheming something.

‘Are you alright?’ asked a voice. I quickly spun around, to see the kind old lady watching me worriedly. ‘Ah! Yes!’ I replied, flustered. ‘Yes! Of course! I’m fine! Thank you for worrying! I’m fine! Of course! Beautiful day today isn’t it?’ But she didn’t look convinced. She continued to stare at me, as if she were trying to look into my soul to find any lies. I glanced back down to the road Rina was walking, but she had disappeared.

‘Sorry, but can I leave my stuff here for a bit?’ I ask the lady quickly. ‘I’ll be back.’ She nodded at me as she slowly packed it under her table, her eyes crinkled up in thought. I began wading through the sea of people who were pushing me and purposely stepping on my feet. Their attitude was flipped 180 degrees. The same people who gathered in groups to make way and whisper about Rina’s beauty were the ones who pretended to knock baskets on my head and ‘accidently’ hit me with their elbows.

They forced me into their circular barrier of taunts and bullies. But this time, I didn’t care. What Rina was up to was far more important than the scars across my body. What if she was planning to hurt someone else who saw her scar?

Fear constricted my heart like a snake, even though it wasn’t my own life I was going to save. My legs began to feel like blocks of lead as I powered on, following her perfect figure in the distance. What was she about to do? The same question floated around my buzzing mind.

Just as I was about to give up, I saw Rina sharply turn right wearing a wide smile as she greeted someone around the corner. I gasped in air as I quickly ran around the long way to stay hidden by a tree, but still able to see everything which was happening.

I watched as Rina walked up a tall, handsome young man. She began talking to him, smiling and laughing sweetly. Her boyfriend, I thought automatically. But for some reason, the aura around her meant something much more as they walked together into what seemed to be her boyfriend’s house. After that, I walked back to the old lady to collect my groceries, with not a single thought about her on my mind.

The next day, as I walked around town, searching the ground for dropped coins, I saw her again. Without another thought on mind, I followed her again. I gasped in horror as I watched her hug another handsome young man in one of the deserted streets. Rina’s aura again seemed mysterious and romantic as she was led into his house. I went back to minding my own business. But I knew I would meet her again on the streets the next day.

Each day, I saw her walking down the street in her best clothes; and each day she met up with different handsome young men. After a while, I got bored of following her and I just let her be.

One day, as I sat by the cherry blossom tree, I saw Rina strolling down the street. But something was wrong; I could feel it. I immediately stood up, forgetting about the terrible things she had done to me. Her eyes were puffy and red, and her pale skin was flushed red. All she could do was sniffle and wipe away the tears that she couldn’t hold back.

‘What happened?’ I asked her. She simply looked at me in disgust and answered me with difficulty: ‘Nothing. What kind of person do you think I am?’ I was about to simply leave her and go back to the cherry blossom tree, but it didn’t seem right. Instead, I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the cherry blossom tree with me.

‘Go and tell me,’ I growled. ‘I haven’t breathed a word of your scar to anyone, so why not tell me your problem?’ She glared at me, but I knew somewhere in her mind, she was considering my offer. ‘I got tricked,’ she said quickly. ‘I wanted something and someone told me they could give it to me. But I got tricked.’

What? I didn’t question her, I didn’t even comfort her. But her face expression showed less disgust towards me as she uttered those few sentences. After a while, she calmed down; and reverted back to her old self. ‘Don’t think that we are friends after this!’ she told me. ‘I still hate you inside out!’

Was she betraying my kindness? Or was she simply lying to herself?  Either way, I felt content that she told me what happened. I was readying my heart for a lifetime of taunts when I was pulling her towards the cherry blossom tree, hoping a part of her would actually open up. And it did.

As I looked up towards the tree, I saw one tiny cherry blossom bud. Of course, I thought to myself. Spring is nearing by. My heart pumped with excitement. My cherry blossom tree, my door of truth, would open up again.  

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

I'm sorry if this story wasn't full of 'lust' and scenes of anything similar to that. T_T I'm terrible at writing about that kind of thing... then again, those innocent souls out there are able to stay innocent. ^3^ Ehe~ jk.

Anyways~ Thank you for reading~ ^.^ Have a cookie~ ♥