Thank You...

The Invasion Plan Of Planet B124AP224

 

  I jolted out of my sleeping state as soon as I heard a sounding crash, sending ringing into my ears. I was even startled when I realized that I was covered in pink bedsheets and lying on a mattress covered with Polka Dots bedsheets. The room was smaller than my own, and definitely not familiar. A familiar smell of faint perfume filled my nostrils and my mind began to work gradually as soon as the dizziness left. Then, a deranged yell filled the air, confirming my doubts.
"LEE HYUN WOO, ARE YOU MEDICALLY STUPID?"
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"
"I spent two hours on that broth, two frickin' hours!"
"I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry! I-I..."
"We're not Super Junior here, go get a mop and clean this mess up!"
"Nae!"
I sighed. Right, Zin's place. I tried shaking the dizziness out of my brain cells and made my way out of the pinkish area.
"Anyeong haseyo, piggie." Zin murmured and two figures leapt up from the couch.
"JunYu!"
"Oppa!"
"Yongguk? Eun Chae? What are you..." before I could finish, Yongguk had slapped me at the back of my neck.
"Yah, are you a record idiot? You shouldn't have gone to school if you  weren't feeling good!" he lectured, as Eun Chae wrapped her arms around my waist protectively, "Eun Chae's been worried sick, she nearly had a heart attack when your lecturer called saying that you'd passed out!"
"H-how long have I been out? How'd I get here?" I asked groggily.
"Several hours, Hyun Woo Oppa carried you to Zin unnie's place because it was closer to campus, rather than carrying you all the way to the subway and back to the house. Yongguk Oppa and I just arrived four hours ago." Eun Chae said, and I ruffled up her hair.
"I'm fine," I reassured her.
"No you're not," Hyun Woo said, with the mop in his hands, "matron said your systems were under a lot of stress and you mainly passed out from malnutrition."
"WHAT?" I yelled, "I'm not underweight!"
"Temporary malnutrition," Zin explained, "so basically you passed out due to hunger."
"Oh."
  Eun Chae whacked me on the shins, "Oppa, two pieces of tofu and a slice of kimchi for breakfast? No wonder!"
"Let alone nothing for dinner the night before and the other night before." Yongguk mused. Eun Chae looked scandalized.
"You said you ate outdoors whilst doing homework!"
"I was working, Chae!"
"You lied to me!"
"What are we, a couple from the 6o's?"
"I'm your sister and your babysitter, Oppa! You can't lie to me!"
"YAH!" I raised my voice and felt myself going weak again. Eun Chae tightened her hold around me as she watched me sway, in alarm. Yongguk reached forwards and grabbed me by the arm.
"Let's go home and get you some rest," he said, and turned and nodded at both Hyun Woo and Zin. They smiled back.
"Thank you," Eun Chae said and Zin reached out her arms for a hug, which she got. She was positively crazy over Eun Chae, ever since she was a little kid. Hyun Woo ruffled up my sister's hair.
"A little help here?" Yongguk  suggested and Hyun Woo went forwards. I looked at them puzzled. Then, suddenly, Yongguk went to his knees and Hyun Woo pushed me on his back. I was too dizzy and stunned to react and before I knew it, Yongguk had looped his hands around my legs and stood up, carrying me on his back.
"I can walk!" I said, blushing from humiliation. Gawd, I felt like such a weakling.
"No can do; cheer up, Mr. Ego. After all, I carried you over to Zin's like that too." Hyun Woo rolled his eyes and I sighed.
"I was out," I muttered, "that's the difference."
*
  I wasn't disappointed; everyone started staring as soon as we exited Zin's house onto the pathway. She lived in a slightly more high-rise community, so there weren't many people around. But as soon as we get on the subway...
It's gonna be a pain in the pancreas.
"Say JunYu," Yongguk suddenly spoke, as soon as Eun Chae had gone off to buy tickets for the subway at the back of a ve-e-ery long line, "you're a liar, aren't you?"
I froze.
"What is that supposed to mean?" I demanded, but he did not meet my stare.
"You lied, when you said you could afford those dumb-bells, didn't you?" he asked quietly and I felt myself going dumb. Oh e, Daehyun and Youngjae were lie-detectors.
"I just..." I rallied every brain cell in my head feverishly, trying to find an acceptable explanation that I could give the hot-headed alien, but all I could come up with was the truth - all I wanted to do, was to surprise them.
  It felt foolish, almost child-like, now that I thought of it. I had never in my life ever thought of surprising anyone with anything. I had kept to my selfish side, ever since...
I had been hurt, and I didn't want to re-experience the self-pity ever again.
It had felt weak.
Helpless.
Stupid.
"Don't ever do that for us again," Yongguk suddenly said, and I was snapped out of my thoughts.
"Don't ever hurt yourself for someone ever again," he said and I felt myself going numb; I had heard those words before.
Eun Chae.
"For Eun Chae, don't do this to yourself anymore." he murmured and I smiled to myself warmly. The voices and footsteps seemed to fade away into peaceful silence.
"Okay."
Silence resumed, and I let it go on for a minute, before I murmured...
"Thanks, Yongguk."
Thanks for caring about our feelings.