STORY 7 : MISS

Neuron Canvas

 

STORY 7     MISS

 

 

 

 

 

“Aghh! Its not working! This dress doesn’t suit me!” She whined in front of the mirror. I chuckled at her immaturity.

 

 

“Its okay Honey.. you look perfectly fine.” I told her. She scoffed and pouted then turned around again in front of the mirror. I watched her reflection and a smile crept on my lips.

 

 

“I know that you would say that I look perfectly fine. You always tell that to me.” She said still pouting and with her arms across her chest.

 

 

“I’m just telling the truth.” I chuckled.

 

 

“And you would say that you’re just telling the truth. Hah! Such a smooth talker!” She said.

 

 

“I’m really telling the thruth! Simple jeans and shirt and a jacket.. with wise contrast of colors suits you. Its simple… but its nice.” I nodded while my chin.

 

 

“It looks simple….” She pouted again.

 

 

“Simplicity is beauty, my love.” I teased.

 

 

“Simplicity is beauty…as you told me number of times.” She rolled her eyes. I chuckled again and hugged her from behind.

 

 

“Because that’s the truth, Jessi! You’re beautiful even when dressed simple!” I giggled.

 

 

“And yeah yeah… you’re just telling the truth.. what a smooth talker..” She scoffed and rolled her eyes again.

 

 

“But you believe it anyways…” I said with smile playing in my lips. She bowed her head and stared at the floor. I sighed and copied her.

 

 

“I believed it anyways Tiff… always.”

 

 

I sighed again.

 

 

“Everything was perfect Tiff… or I guess it was….” She lifted her gaze and looked straight at me through the mirror.

 

 

“Until she came and……….”

 

 

“Jessi…I……..”

 

 

Next thing I know, she’s crying silently. I let go from hugging her from the back and I moved in front of her. My heart shattered when I saw her tears flowing on her cheeks.

 

 

“Jessi….. I’m so sorry….” I hugged her. I’m not sure if someone like me is capable of having a heart.. but that organ really hurts. Its pounding in my chest.

 

 

“I wish we could be together again….” She whispered.

 

 

“Come back to me….” She began to sob. My heart aches. We both know that we can’t be together again because… things just happened.

 

 

“I’m sorry……” I whispered in her ear.

 

 

“I just can’t understand why this happened to us…. I wanted to kill her… to make her suffer… to.. ugh! I don’t know…” She continued to cry.

 

 

“I hate her Tiff… she took you away from me…”

 

 

“Don’t hate her….. she didn’t mean it to happen….” I soothed her. I tried to be calm and composed but the tears I kept on fighting from falling managed to escape from my eyes.

 

 

“I know….. I should not hate her…..”

 

 

“I’m sorry…. Jessi…..” I let her go and stood by her side until she collected herself. Soon enough, she took a deep breath and composed herself.

 

 

“Ahh… silly me… talking nonsense again. I should hurry up. She might be waiting for me. Sorry for making you wait, Tiff.” She smiled but it didn’t reached her eyes.

 

 

“Good thing I’m already here or I will be waiting in vain for your arrival.” I scoffed.

 

 

I followed her outside the house and onto her car. On the way to our destination, she bought flowers on the flowershop where she became a frequent costumer.

 

 

“Buying flowers again huh?” I scoffed then chuckled.

 

 

“The usual?” The attendant politely asked the frequent costumer while smiling. Jessica nodded with a smile.

 

 

“You’re visiting her again?” The attendant asked Jessi.

 

 

“No.. more of… pestering.” I butted in.

 

 

“You’re sweet. I bet she will love this.” The attendant added with a grin.

 

 

“Flowers are not needed…” I said.

 

 

“Okay… here.” The attendant handed Jessi the bouquet of red roses. Jessi paid for it and then we left the store.

 

 

“Seriously? A bouquet of red roses?! How cheesy can you be?” I again.

 

 

“A bouquet of red roses….. how cheesy it could be…. Tiff?....” She sighed and stayed focused on the road.

 

 

 

 

We arrived at the destination. The guards saluted Jessi with a smile. I shook my head and chuckled at the two friendly guards. Yeah.. Jessi had been a frequent visitor here. It started about a year ago… when I left her.

 

 

We walked through the grassy path and we stopped as we reached the marbles. Jessica looked in the sky and smiled.

 

 

“Beautiful day today , isn’t it Tiff?”

 

 

I also looked in the sky. Yeah.. she’s right Its not so bright but not too dim either… just right.

 

 

“It is Jessi… it is…”

 

 

“Do you miss me…. Like I miss you?.....” Her voice cracked and this made me look at her instantly. She is now staring at the granite stone just within our feet.

 

 

I couldn’t say anything. I always hear her ask and say these but it still never failed to break me into pieces. I watched in agony as her shoulders rocked as she cried.

 

 

“I miss you so much…… I love you…..” She said as she placed the bouquet of red roses on my grave.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

Short.. but deadly.