STORY 10 : RAINBOWS

Neuron Canvas

 

STORY 10  RAINBOWS

 

 

 

“Quit pestering me, Jess.” I told her as I scanned brands of chocolate syrup.

 

“But you haven’t answered yet.” She hugged my arm tighter. For a moment I thought there is a Blood Pressure measuring tool strapped on my arm.

 

“And I told you to shut it.” I picked a brand of chocolate syrup and put in the shopping cart.

 

“Why are you so mean?” She whined like a teenager.

 

“I’m not. You’re just annoying.” I pushed the cart and continued walking without sparing a glance at the toddler Jessica.

 

“You’re so frustrating!” She huffed and hugged my arm so much tighter. I flicked her forehead and she loosened her grip.

 

“One of my charms.” I answered flatly.

 

“Why won’t you act nice once in a while?” She asked helplessly. I looked at her.

 

Darn that pleading Puss in Boots face.

 

“No can do sweetie. I tried to be nice one time and you dragged me into a shaman because you strongly believed that I was possessed. I don’t like that to happen again.”

 

“Well...........” She whispered shyly. Obviously guilty.

 

“Curiosity is not just the reason of cat’s death, it’s also guilt.” I darted. She looked at me with confused cat eyes.

 

“The cat got guilty after giving in with her curiosity... so she committed suicide.” And yes, I am serious. Jessi rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue.

 

“Can’t you just answer my question?” She asked cutely with that annoyingly alluring pout. And the Great Snob Wall of Tiffany crumbled into bite size pieces.

 

“Okay fine. I don’t have any.” I said. And there was a gasp.

 

“Really? You’re lame.” She sounded disappointed, accusing and sad.

 

“Look who’s talking.” I scoffed.

 

“I’m not! I prepared something for us on Valentines.” Her voice was an octave higher. I took a mental note not to forget to bring earplugs next time.

 

“And I don’t have to because we spend Valentines together every year.” I said flatly. She stopped on her track and I did too. I stared quizzically at her. She never let go of my arm.

 

Clingy Hot y Gorgeous Leech.

 

me dry.

 

 

 

 

“Quit it.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“That stare. Stop that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You were staring at me for a while now. It’s giving me the creeps.”

 

Lust is creeping in my crotch.

 

“You really did not prepare anything special?” She is quite hopeful. It broke my gums.

 

“Spending this day with you is already special for me.” Damn. It slipped out of my mouth. Jessi would not drag me to a shaman and cast away the cheesy spirit possessing me, right?

 

“Oh..how sweet of you.” She beamed at me with ‘oh-you’re-so-sweet-you’re-gonna-make-me-sneeze-candy-sprinkles’ look.

 

“Yeah... I am.” I smiled. I think there are candy sprinkles coming out of my nose. My lungs are producing sweets instead of slimy mucus. Jessi is to blame.

 

That wretched Hottie.

 

“Look at me! I’m puking rainbows!” I opened the pack of colourful gummy worms and shoved few pieces dangling in my mouth.

 

She giggled. Soon, the giggles turned into hearty laugh. Jessi caught the attention of the shoppers and the darn creatures laughed along with Jessi.

 

I stared at her.... with gummy bears still dangling in my mouth. I don’t care if I look like a fool right now with these candies.  

 

I made Jessi laugh. And the sight of it is disturbingly spazzable.

 

I will be puking rainbows for real.

 

“Let’s get these to the cashier. I’m itching to go home, strip and indulge myself in a bubble bath.”

 

“A bubble bath with me!” She chirped. She smiled showing all her teeth.. and that includes wisdom teeth.

 

Image of Jessi and me on a bubble bath almost made me cough munchkins.

 

Seriously, she will be the death of me. Death by maple syrup overdose.

 

 

 

We slumped inside the car after throwing the groceries on the backseat. She pinched my cheeks and giggled.

 

I sneezed then look around my lap and foot. She asked me what am I doing. I told her that I’m looking for candy sprinkles.

 

She laughed then pulled my nape. She pressed her lips on mine quite forcefully. She my lips then sat back to her place on the passenger seat.

 

And she giggled again.

 

I could feel maple syrup coming out of my nose.

 

She stopped   giggling and stared at me while smiling.

 

“Happy Valentines, Tiff.”

 

“Yeah.....Happy Valentines, Jess.”

 

I started the engine and the radio. And the song just suited the atmosphere. A very romantic song... Eye of the Tiger.

 

We sang along... well.. she sang along.

 

After singing along with the first two lines, I stopped singing and listened to her instead. I couldn’t wipe the stupid grin on my face while staring at the road ahead.

 

Spending Valentines with you is very fulfilling.... and painful at the same time. I want it to last forever... but I want it to end now.

 

Loving you is fulfilling.

 

Loving you is painful.

 

But today... just for tonight... just for this moment... I will savour this. Because no matter how complex this is, I’m happy to spend my Valentines with the person I love.

 

But.....

 

I should give up. This will be the last.

 

I love you, Jessi....

 

 

My dearest twin sister.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Happy Valentines.