Chapter 3 - Kim Ah Ri

│Fell in ∞ Love with a Prince of Inspirit│

 

(Authors Note; The blue writing like this is Ah Ri’s response)

I slowly ran out of tears and my covers were soaking wet, I stayed into the same position and then sighed before sitting up. Everything looked a bit hazy because my eyes were swollen, I stood up and the cold flooring gave me a chill down my legs. I was just about to get up and freshen up but a knock was heard at the door. I didn’t want whoever it was to see me in the state I was, “w-who is it?” I sniffled approaching the door cautiously.  It was silent. I was going to walk back to my bed but the person knocked once again, but it wasn’t just a regular knock, it was a familiar beat and in that instance I knew who it was. Ah Ri. I skipped back to the door and opened it to find who I thought it was, my best friend, Ah Ri.

I was smiling when I saw her but to only find that she was frowning and she marched into my room making her way to my bed. I closed the door behind me and walked towards where she was and she sat there frowning.  What are you doing to yourself? She deepened her frown and poked my forehead “I’m not doing anything to myself, I’m perfectly fine” I lied but she just looked away and sighed while shaking her head side to side you expect me to believe that obvious lie? I smiled sheepishly and nudged her and she smiled a bit. Ah Ri then turned me towards her and held my shoulders, her eyes were so sincere and warm you can tell me when you’re ready, okay? She tilted her head and made the ‘ok’ sign with her hands.


 

_____________

 


Kim Ah Ri is my best friend, we’ve known each other ever since we were six, although we’re best friends now it didn’t mean that we clicked together when we first met. We were both six at the time and my father ordered the Head Maid to find younger maids to work in the castle since the elder maids had to go to war and act as healers. This was when I first encountered Ah Ri, she was quiet and her face looked like it was carved out from stone. Her face was so serious and her expressions didn’t change so I thought I’d annoy her. It took me a while for me to make her soften up a bit, I’d start fights with her, and I’d throw whatever I saw at her and she’d do the same. Little did I know she was a mute.

I was skipping through the hall ways when I heard someone sniffle, the person sounded like they were sobbing and it came from one of the empty chambers. When I walked in there was no one, but I heard the sniffle again, as a child I was curious and I wouldn’t be afraid of anything. “Annyeong ghost” I called out looking under the bed, nothing.  I was about to give up until I heard a clatter in the what was supposed to be empty closet, but I walked right up to it opened it to find not a ghost but a girl. Ah Ri. Her eyes widened and she turned her head away, she was crying. “W-woah! You’re crying!” she sighed and rolled her eyes at me. This was when we clicked; I knew what she was thinking. “Even though you didn’t say anything I know what you were thinking!” she raised her eyebrows and smirked “Hey! Don’t ‘OH YEAH?’ me” I called out. “Why don’t you speak?”. She pointed to and that was when I found out she couldn’t speak.

We've been best friends since.

 

 

_____________

 

“Fine I’ll tell you, but you have to keep everything a secret, okay?” I sighed as I gave in to Ah Ri’s aegyo, she rolled her eyes how am I to tell people exactly? I laughed and she grabbed my hand her warmth showering me and it kind of made it easier for me to tell her. I explained to her that my father had invited the Prince of Woolim to my eighteenth ball tonight she knew how much I didn’t want to marry a stranger, and there were rumors that he was a cold blooded Prince which made him more unlikeable. I haven’t seen him before but Ah Ri has, she said he was handsome but I couldn’t care less. I then told Ah Ri that I was going to run away before he arrived at the ball and fell open.  “Want to run away with me?” I smiled, she looked at me and I knew she knew how serious I was about escaping; she thought about it and looked at me where are we going to go?  I smiled “that means you’re coming with me! Well I haven’t actually decided but I just want to go with the flow, you know? Like go wherever we end up going” Ah Ri rolled her eyes and giggled this is why you need me, you’d probably die with that sense of direction of yoursMy cheeks lifted and I got up and went to my closet, I stuck arms into the closet filled dresses and pulled out two backpacks. “Pack the things you think we’d need, okay?” you’re just going to pack a whole lot of food, aren’t you? She motioned her hand on her stomach.

 

___________________

Authors Note;
Annyeong! This chapter was just to show you how close the two were. :3
The next chapter is called 'Escape from the Ball to Inspirit'
 WHICH MEANS! THE STORY IS GOING TO GET A WHOLE LOT BETTER! ♥