Chapter 2 - Oppa and Appa

│Fell in ∞ Love with a Prince of Inspirit│

The head maid shot her head to the two who were now escaping in laughter. “Y-you two! You two promised to stay in your chambers!” she scowled chasing after the two with eight maids following closely behind her.

“Well I might as well go out of my way and change into something more appropriate” I called out turning back into my room with a smile “well here’s my chance to actually wear them, and now would be the best day to wear it” I muttered as I locked the door and walked towards the bookshelves. The bookshelves were one thing I loved about the castle, it was always packed with adventure and the stories were never boring. Although it may seem like just an ordinary bookshelf it was actually the place where she hid her treasures away.

While I was walking closer to the shelf, sadness overcame me but I continued to tread forward until it was right in front of me, I paced towards the third shelf and removed the dust covered novels that were aligned and put them aside. Carefully I slid the back board of the shelf off to reveal a small safe with a knob circulated by numbers and dialed in the numbers 05-96-21. Sadness over grew me again as I opened the safe door, I only put three things in there and the two of the things were the most treasured items I received.

Sigh “Annyeong Oppa, how are you up there? I know you’re here, I can always feel you lingering around” I said as I pulled out a green pendant dangling on a somewhat thick silver chain. I kissed the pendant and placed it back onto the red cushion safely. I looked over the clean safe to find my next precious treasure I carefully picked up a small green diary that was lined with a single elastic band. I removed the elastic band and opened the book to take out my precious treasure, a photo. “Yes Oppa, I won’t forget to smile… Even if it’s hard” a tear ran down my face as I looked at the picture; it was a picture of brother pulling my cheeks up into a smile. I kissed the picture and placed it back into the green book in the safe. I sighed once again and pulled out a package wrapped in plastic and closed the safe. I then placed the backboard and novels to its original state.

I jumped up and wiped away the tears that streamed down face and smiled. “I will smile Oppa don’t worry” I muttered as I sat on my unmade bed, the covers and pillows were a light green, it wasn’t originally mine it was my brothers sighing once again and started to unravel the package that I had removed from the safe before, pulling out a t-shirt I held it in front my eyes with a grin “I’m so glad I traded one of my dresses for some commoner clothes” I laughed. Pulling off my nightgown and replaced it with the black shirt that had a huge yellow star in the middle. “I guess the shirt is to represent our country” I giggled as I pulled out denim shorts from the opened package.

I stood in front of the clear mirror to reveal my reflection, I still had tangled hair and I was in commoner clothes, excitement was rushing around in my body and I knew Appa was going to be mad, I quickly tied my hair into a bun on top of my head with a scrunchie and ran out the door. I was starting to get nearer to the diner room and the smell of breakfast ever so slowly wafted its way towards my nose. As I reached the stairs I quickly adjusted my clothes and walked elegantly down the stairs. Appa was already sitting down waiting and his eyes then came upon me his face froze and eyes widened like he was stunned by a gun but it soon melted off his face replacing it with a huge grin that then turned into a deep laughter. Why is he laughing? Why isn’t he furious? He got furious a couple weeks ago…

I eyed my father and took my seat across from Louise and Danielle. Silence. My father was still grinning and I just got more and more curious but he suddenly stood up making his chair screech and yelled out “congratulations my daughter! You’re eighteen already, it seems like It was just yesterday that you were seventeen!” I mentally face palmed myself, was seventeen yesterday… “But look at you! Look at you, you’re grown up and to say you’re going to get married soon as well! So Appa planned a surprise for you!” “What is it?” I said as I placed a grape into my mouth” he shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat gleefully. I also shrugged my shoulders and focused on eating “Yah! Eun Ji? You really don’t want to know?” Father asked as I chewed on another grape. “I really don’t want to know” I lied pretending to not pay attention, “Appa will tell you because you really wanted to know, ne?” you’re the one who wants to tell me… “Arraso! I’ll tell you what the surprise is! You know how you are to meet the Prince of Woolim a day before your wedding day? Well he left his Kingdom yesterday so he could attend your
Birthday ball, he’s also going to stay here for now” my mouth dropped open.

I slowly lifted my cheeks and it fooled my father “that’s great, well I better get on to my schedule…” I got up and bowed to my dad and turned back to the stairs, I was on the urge of tears but I continued to smile until I reached my chamber. The chamber was cleaned, the bed was made and I could still feel the wetness of the recently mopped floor under my feet. My lips slowly turned its way upside down and something my brother had said before flashed through my mind “Even if you feel sad, let it out and end it with a smile” tears trailed down my cheeks and I couldn’t stop my tears, my breathing paced faster and I finally gave up on trying to keep my tears in and began to sob.

I’ll run away…

 

___________________

Authors Note;
I had a dream about having a safe behind one of the walls of the bookshelves.
I thought it was pretty cool so I decided to write it in.
I want a secret safe.