Marriage is a Business

My Mischievous Fiancée
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Appa, how can you do this to me? I just come back today" whined Victoria upsettingly. She just arrived to her house an hour ago after she attended her graduation ceremony in Los Angeles. Haven’t take a break yet her father informed her the date tomorrow with her fiancé whom she had no idea about.

"Everything is planned. You must be there on time. Here is his profile, read it tonight to know something about your soon-to-be husband beforehand" stated Mr. Song placing a folder in front of her.

"Why do you force me to get married to someone that I have never met in my life? I don't understand you"  squealed Victoria throwing the folder on the floor furiously without taking a look inside.

"You're my only daughter and I want the best thing for you, my dear. He is an ideal man that suits to you. I don’t ask you to marry him tomorrow. We will give you time to get know each other" explained her dad sincerely.

"Umma, say something" pled Victoria tugging her mom's hand but the elder patted her hand adding "I have met him before. He's a nice guy. I'm sure that you will like him, my dear"

"Umma, even you!?! Whatever, I don’t care. I'm not going to meet him tomorrow. I have another plan to do" stated Victoria as she turned around, ready to leave. Her father slammed his hands on the table hard causing her to startle and stop her footstep.

"I'm not raising you up to against me, Victoria. No matter what, you have to be there tomorrow and this marriage is planned. Nothing will change whether you want or not, araso? Don’t embarrass me or I will lock you home" shouted Mr. Song angrily before storming out of his study room with heavy steps.

"Oh dear, you shouldn’t have made your father angry. You know how much he loves you, right? He just wants to choose a perfect man that can give you happiness" advised her mom gently.

"But isn’t it too soon to think about marriage? I'm just 21 and graduated this morning. I don’t want to be a housewife in such a young age. You know that I have many things that I want to do, umma" Victoria voiced out her opinion.

"Don’t worry, dear. I think son-in-law will understand if you tell him so. He won't let you be a housewife who always sits at house if you don't want to" told Mrs. Song with a bright smile.

"Jinja, I don’t want to get married to who I don’t know. I hate it" fumed Victoria puffed her cheeks.

"Love can develop after getting married, dear. Just like your father and me" assured her mother caressing her hands.

"It's 21th century now, not like those old times when you live, umma. Nowadays, people only marry to their love. Why can't I?" she pointed out annoyingly.

"Young people are not good at judging a person because of lacking experience in their age. You should listen to your dad. He has a right choice for this" her mom consoled but didn’t make Victoria feel better.

"Whatever, I'm going out now" stated Victoria blankly as she stood up.

"Where are you going?" her mom asked worriedly.

"Shopping. Dad messed my mind up so I need to release my stress now" commented Victoria hugging her mom for a goodbye.

"Return soon, dear. You haven’t taken any rest yet"

"Araso, umma. I have to prepare myself the best to IMPRESS my soon-to-be husband tomorrow" emphasized Victoria cockily as she kicked the folder which was scattering on the floor mumbling "Damn my future husband"

^_______________________^

"Young lady, young lady, wake up" Luna, who is Victoria's personal maid, shook her hand repeatedly.

"Ughh~ I'm still sleepy. Let me sleep for a little more!" mumbled Victoria with her hoarse voice as she pulled the blanket over her head.

"Young lady, wake up. You'll be late if you don’t wake up now" called Luna again while pulling the blanket down.

"Late!?!" Victoria repeated abruptly sitting straight up "I graduated yesterday, Luna. I have no school today so why am I late?"

"You have a date with young master today" reminded Luna while giving Victoria a wet towel.

"I don’t remember that I have a date today. And who is young master?" asked Victoria with her eyes half closing.

"Your soon-to-be husband" replied Luna shortly while washing Victoria's face. As soon as the latter heard it, she immediately laid back down and hid under the blanket again.

"It's not important. I need more sleep" stated Victoria under the cover.

"Young lady, please wake up. Master will be mad if you don’t go" pled Luna weakly.

"Let him be. He is the one planning this, not me" claimed Victoria firmly as she tried to get some rest again. Luna had no choice but left her alone and went downstairs. Minutes later, Butler Lee and 2 men came up to her room.

"Please wake up, young lady" said Butler Lee formally but she ignored him. "We're sorry" the three bowed down at her but she would care less. Suddenly, the blanket was thrown off, and her body was floated in the air.

"YAH, YAH, YAH!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" screamed Victoria struggling her arms and legs while the two men carried her to the bathroom.

"You should get ready for the date now, lady or Master will get upset" told Butler Kim as he titled his head to aside, giving a signal to the others. The men who were carrying Victoria released her resulted her sinking in the bathtub which was filled with cold water.

"How dare you!?!" mumbled Victoria under her heavy breath. She was extremely angry at the moment. "ALL OF YOU WANT TO GET FIRED?" she yelled furiously.

"Sorry, young lady. But this is what Master ordered. Please come out soon" chuckled Butler Lee as he gave her a slight bow before getting out the bathroom with others. It's not the first time they suffered like this. Usually, Victoria is lovely and adorable; she is friendly and treat everyone sincerely although they are low people. Rarely does she get angry and when she is, she is really nasty and says some hurtful words but she doesn’t really mean it so after that, she will apologize them. That's why no one can hate her at all.

"Aish, jinja, what a bad way to wake me up!" complained Victoria standing up and getting rid of her drench

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter