Chapter 8: She's Beautiful

In Your Arms

"I absolutely love this dress. It fits you perfectly" Mi Jeun uunie said, as she effortlessly curled my hair into messy waves. I looked at myself in the mirror. She was right. The dress did look good on me. It was the one time that I was actually confident in how I look. The cream color really brough out my skin color and the tight fitting made my curves more noticeable. The sequins made me sparkle, while the length of the dress showed my perfectly toned legs. 

"You look beautiful" Exo-K's manager said as he walked in the room.

"Oh, Gamsahabnida!" I said shyly, still not taking my eyes of the mirror.

"No wonder Kai fell for you" I heard him say under his breath.

"Mworagoyo?" 

"Ani.. Are you ready?"

"Nae, I am very much ready"

 

We walked in silence to the black, long limo. As I got in, I tried to process what he said in my mind.  What did he mean that Kai fell for me? What the heck is he talking about? What? 

I took my mind off of things and tried to breathe. It was my first day in SME and now I have to dress like this? And to top things off, Exo will be the first people I'll see. Meaning guys, meaning Kai. Kai was just the most perfect guy ever, and the last thing I wanna do is end up embarassing myself in front of him.

 

The limo came to a stop, which is probably the sign for me to get out. I took a deep breath and walked out shyly, only to be greeted by 6 well-dressed guys along with other 5 guys, SHINee. It felt like I was in a entirely new different world. They were dressed in rather formal clothing, different from their t-shirt and jeans that I saw only a couple hours ago. They made me open my eyes and there I saw 6 hot, celebrities. Wait, they already are celebrities.

"Waaah!" Chanyeol said, amazed and sound like a kid that just got his first lollipop. I blushed, looking over to Kai, who liked serious. He seemed to be more serious than before, his eyes not leaving mine. 

"Yah, Jinjja yeppeoda!" Taemin said, smiling and giving me a wink, making me turn a slight pink. He walked closer to me and held out his arm, asking me if he could me, only to be broken away from my hand.

 

 

~Kai's POV

 

She walked out of the limo, wearing a white or cream or whatever it is, but at that point I didn't care. However, underneath all that glitter and makeup was a girl with a kind and thoughtful personality, a girl that has my entire mind. She was amazing, no, she was beautiful. I couldn't possibly take my eyes off of her, the way her hair was in perfect curl and the way Rae Hee's dress made her sparkle in the mindnight sky. It was all undeniably flawless.

Taemin walked over to her and offered his arm. She gave me one look and hesitantly neared her arm to his. Things instantly ran through my mind, full of anger and regret, but before I knew it, I walked over to them, tore them appart and grabbed her hand walking her forcefully, in the club. I looked at her (making sure she wouldn't notice me gazing at her) as she struggled to keep up with my strides. I humbly slowed down and pulled her towards me, taking in her scent and wrapping my arms around her exposed shoulders. 

"You look beautiful tonight" I said, not knowing what just passed through my mind. I smiled at thought of her embrace around my waist. I held her tighter, savoring this moment, knowing that the members were probably coming in and I would probably let go soon.

I sighed, pulling out of the embrace and caressing her cheeks. I noticed her cheeks blush and smirked. I didn't know what she was thinking, but all I knew was that I loved her and I didn't care about what other people thought.

"Thanks" she said her hands on mine, feeling my warmth.

"You look pretty good, yourself" I blushed and gave her my dazzling smile, shooting her a wink. 

"Well of course. I knew you were coming"

 

"Yah! What are you guys doing?!" Baekhyun said smiling a devilish kind of smile. We quickly broke away of each other, but I kept her hands on mine, hiding it behind us. 

"Nothing!" I yelled. "Yah! Mwohaneun geoya? Go find Sehun, you're keeping an eye on our maknae, today member?" 

"Yeah, yeah, I'll find him." Baekhyun replied, disappearing into the crowd of dancing people. Kyungsoo came over to us, soon after. 

"Yah! We need to go! We gotta do what we gotta do" Kyungsoo said to me. I knew exactly what we were suppose to do, we had to go promote. I looked at Rae Hee and gave her an assuring smile and let go of her hand, immediately feeling coldness as her warmthness left me. 

 

I walked with Kyungsoo and turned back, admiring at her beauty one last time. I loved her and that's all I knew.

 

 

~Rae Hee's POV

 

I looked around the club by myself lurking in every place I can possibly fit myself in. It was dark and the smell of alcohol filled the air. I tasted a glass wine and immediately put it down, trying to remove the bitter taste out of my tongue. 

 

I walked to a rather less provacative place and saw one of the Exo members sitting with a bunch of girls, drinking large amounts of liquor. It was Kai. I never thought that an angel like figure like him would ever act like this. The way he smirked at all the girls and how he easily drank, made my heart sink. And I actually thought that he was a nice guy, but it turns out, he was just like the other guys. Playboys who just want trouble and breaks thousands of innocent, living hearts. 

 

I sighed and turned around, only to bump into a guy. 

"Mianhaeyo" I mumbled, not making eye contact. The guy grabbed my arm, and I finally looked up, seeing the handsome and happy, Chanyeol.

"Where are you going?" He asked pulling me to the table where Kai was. He sat me down next to him. Kai looked at me seducingly.

"Hey, babe. How you doin'?" Kai asked me coming a bit closer to me and grabbing my thigh. I slightly jumped and he smirked at the sight, causing me to glare at him. I completely lost my trust in him. He was exactly like a playboy. I pushed his hand away from me and stood up, giving him big, loud slap on the cheek. He looked at me, confused at the situation, staring into my eyes.

 

I shook my head and walked away, knowing that I probably will get fired for slapping a sunbae. That's just great. My first day and I get fired. I walked to the exit doors and went outside, the cold breeze hugging my body. I stood there and waited for a taxi as thoughts came to my head. I felt bad for Kai. I felt bad that I did that, but I couldn't help it. Boys like him disgust me.

 

As I thought, I remembered the situation this morning. When he hugged me and how he made me leap with joy. What happened to that Kai? The Kai that was so familiar with me? I pushed my thoughts away and called for a taxi.

"Don't be so offended. That's just him" Chanyeol said, as he stood next to me. "Here, let's talk for a minute, before I take you home"

 

 

~Kai's POV

 

 

What the hell did I just do? What am I doing? I uncomfortably pushed the girls away from me, trying to get them to leave me for a bit. I gave them an awkward smile and stood up, a little dizzy.

 

I don't even know how I got the the bathroom. I splashe my face with some water. The coldness calming me down as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. The thought of Rae Hee came to me. She seemed kind of hurt, judging by how she slapped me. I really can't get over her. Loving her was too much to handle, but I just can't seem to let go. No matter how much my mind wanted to, I know that deep down, my heart will never find the urge to let go.

 

I sighed and went out sitting on a stool and drinking the night away.

 

 

~Rae Hee's POV

 

 

I sat on the bench next to the bus stop and he sat next to me. I sighed breathing in the cold autumn air. 

"Kai, is a great guy, very loyal, and easily falls in love" Chanyeol started. I looked at him, intrigued at what he was saying. "You see, he always talked about this girl that he met when he was in America. His first.... And last love. He always talked about how she made him feel and how he wanted to tell her everything, but when he left to train here in Korea and he never got to confess. He talked about how he was always hurt because the girl was always with some other guy while Kai just sits there, watching her hurt and cry over other guys. So after we debut, he decided to forget about her and he does that by this. He tries to get other girls and drink to forget all his memories for her."

"So you guys go to this club often?" I asked curiously. Chanyeol nodded and looked at me. 

"Don't take him too seriously. He's just a lost boy who was badly hurt by love. Just bare with him... Please" he added. I nodded and smiled. I never thought that Kai had such a story like that. Yes, I promised Chanyeol to bare with him, but I had a woman's pride. I won't forgive him that quickly. 

 

"Kajja?" Chanyeol said as he stood up and we walked over to his car. 

 

The car ride was quiet, car horns making the only sound that we heard. After 10 long minutes, we arrived at my appartment building. I silently got out of his car, waiting for him to drive past my sight. I sighed and walked in, arriving in my room, a few minutes later. I walked in and got out of my dress, putting gently on a hanger and putting it in my dresser. 

 

I walked to the kitchen and took out a bottle of water, walking into my room. I sat there, laying on my bed as thoughts filled my mind. My eyes were threatening to close, just when the front door opened.