Her repertoire

I just wanna know your name

Dabin concentrated hard as she focused on taking notes whilst her professor was giving a lecture. Her friend were snickering next to her as she copied the hand gestures and actions of their professor Mr Park in a dramatic way. Dabin tilted her head and gave her a long pointed look and after a few seconds she seemed to have understood the message and stopped. "Okay okay, sheesh have some fun," mumbled her best friend Yunae as she stuck out her tongue. Dabin had to bite her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing at her childish friend.  She had been best friends with Yunae ever since high school and from there they had been like two peas in a pod, always together and simply inseparable. Although they had different interests and dreams, they were alike in so many ways. They both had similar taste in fashion, music, food and opinions, and most of all, they were both positive girls who always smiled. They also shared the same goal, and that was to get accepted into Seoul National University together, and fortunately, they had both succeeded. Yunae and Dabin also had completely different personalities, whilst Dabin was at times serious, organised and mature, Yunae was at times clumsy, unorganised and very childish. Sometimes it felt as if Dabin was raising a child when it came to Yunae. Dabin liked to cook and read while Yunae liked to sing and compose music. Whilst Yunae was good and smooth when it came to guys, Dabin was blunt and didn't even know the basics of flirting. But these differences were what made both Yunae and Dabin perfect for one another, as they filled in the missing spots and continually being there for each other over the years.

 
The long lecture finally came to a finish and students piled out of the lecture hall. Dabin was just about to get up from her seat with Yunae when she spotted Mr Park having difficulty carrying his heavy textbooks in his hand. Dabin raced down to the podium and grabbed half of the books from his arm. "Ah, Dabinah! Thank you, your always so helpful," Mr Park said as he smiled her way. "Haha it's nothing professor! Your going to the staffroom right?"
 
******************************************
 
Dabin walked out of the campus with Yunae trailing after her whilst glaring. They had come out of the campus half and hour later than everyone else, thanks to Dabin who after helping Mr Park with his books remained back in the staff room a little longer to help in filing his lecture documents and class schedules. "Seriously Dabin, your overly helpfulness is a pain in the sometimes," said Yunae as she crossed her arms. "Did you know I reserved a full girls night out for today? And now you've messed up the whole schedule." Dabin rolled her eyes, "You're such a drama queen Yunae." She checked her watch. "Hey it's only been 30min... but what was that about a girls night?" said Dabin as she looked up at Yunae. She could see the corners of daring to hitch up higher. "Well, I had planned to have a fun night with you since its Friday and all.." said Yunae as she walked closer, hooking her arm around Dabin's. Dabin feined thought, "Well there's a test on next week, and I need to go home and study..." She slightly looked over to her friend to see her pouting. "..But a girls night out sounds like fun! Let's go!" exclaimed Dabin as they both squealed their way to the bus stop. Dabin smiled at her friend, it was so easy to make Yunae happy, her anger never lasted long.
 
******************************************
 
Dabin and Yunae went to the busy streets of Myungdong where the nightlife was just beginning. They started off by treating themselves to delicious ddokbokki and odeng in one of the most famous food outlets, then went shopping, awed and excited at all the new clothes and shoes. After looking around for some more, they both decided to take a break from shopping by watching a movie. They came to an immediate decision on watching the recent romantic comedy release, it starred their most favourite actor, Song Joongki. After squealing, laughing crying and squealing some more, the movie came to and end and the two friends walked out of the cinema. 
 
They both went inside the nearest icecream store to revitalize themselves. After ordering their icecreams, they went to sit at the corner table by the window. "Wow, that was the best movie I've ever seen.. Joongki oppa was so hot!! Lucky actress got to kiss him!!" squealed Yunae as she rambled on about the movie they had just watched. Dabin laughed, "You always say that every new movie you see is the best one! But yes, I agree, Joongki is rather handsome isn't he.." said Dabin as she giggled. "Hell yeah!" Yunae laughed as she abruptly grabbed Dabin's hand. "Dabinah, if a guy like Joongki oppa confesses to you, will you accept?" Dabin remained stunned at the sudden and random question but soon laughed, "Hey, that's a big IF Yunae. There's no guy like Joongki in reality." Dabin put another spoonful of her strawberry icecream in . "Yea.. that's true.." said Yunae as her shoulders slumped. "But you can always dream can't you?" Yunae sat back up as she nodded furiously as to reassure herself. "No but seriously, I'm saying this because quite frankly, you seem to have absolutely no interest in men at all. I mean, you just point blankedly rejected every guy that's ever confessed to you!" Yunae looked up longingly into Dabin's eyes as if expecting a reply. Dabin just shrugged as she continued eating her icecream. "No, it's not that I am not interested in men.. It's just that none of them seemed to be 'the one' to me.." Yunae shook her head at her friend. "Dabinah, you've got to realise that 'the one' does not just come up magically. You've got to work for it. You cannot just tell if someone is the one without even attempting to see how they are, how many times do I tell you? Aigoo.."  
Dabin just smiled. She admit, she had this fantasy of her knight in shining armour coming for her, but to be honest, she just wasn't sure about love, it was something she'd never done before and she didn't know how to begin falling in love with a guy.
 
While she was engrossed in her own personal thoughts, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. "Excuse me miss.." a deep voice called. Dabin turned around to the direction of the voice to find a man whom she had never seen before.    
 
tumblr_m9h5yrzHVq1rejfw7o3_500.png (500×330)
 
Yunae smiled knowingly at Dabin's situation, with a look as if to say "my point has been proven". Dabin ignored the pointed meaningful look by her friend and turned back to the young male standing in front of her. She tilted her head in confusion. "Can I help you?" Dabin said. The male slightly laughed as he scratched the back of his head. "Umm, how can I say this.." he mumbled as he bit his bottom lip. "When you walked into the store, you immediately caught my attention and I've been watching you since.. And I'd like to get to know you better." He smiled, revealing straight white teeth with a dimple on his left cheek. He shyly held out his phone from his hand, "May I please have your number?" 
 
Dabin blinked, unsure of what to do. She had to admit, he was quite good looking, very tall with a good built body and a killer smile. Any girl would immediately swoon and give them their number - but Dabin was not your average girl. Dabin looked up to see the tips of his ears turning red. He said he wanted to know her better, but Dabin didn't even know his name nor did he even introduce himself. Normally, Dabin would just bluntly apologise and get out of the spot, but with Yunae's previous accusation ringing in her head, Dabin was determined to prove her wrong. She opened to speak.
 
"What's your name?" asked Dabin.
 
She could see her friend Yunae face palming herself at the random, out of place, quite stupid question. 
The male seemed to be slightly stunned too but soon regained his posture. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I haven't even introduced myself properly! Haha, my name is Park Chanyeol and I'm 23." He laughed shyly. Dabin was just about to answer when Yunae smoothly spoke, "And her name is Song Dabin and she's 21. So she's younger than you are so feel free to drop all formalities! And I'll give you her number for her since she's clearly a little stunned at the moment haha!" said Yunae brightly as she grabbed the phone from him typing in Dabin's number. Whilst doing so, she managed in giving Dabin a discreet glare from the corner of her eyes as if to signal 'what the hell was that?!' Dabin didn't know what to do as Yunae returned the phone to the man. "Ah, thank you very much. It was nice meeting you, I hope that we'd be able to see each other again. Well I'll be going now, goodbye!" And with a smile and a small wink, he walked back to his table where his friends were waiting. Dabin just slightly bowed as he returned. Yunae however waved back brightly with an awed expression until he was completely out of sight, then she snapped back to reality and grabbed Dabin's arm as she pulled her out of the store. "What was that?" Yunae hissed as soon as they were a safe distance from the ice cream store. "What was what?" Dabin said while she shrugged. "Oh yea, and why'd you give him my number? I never gave you permission to." 
Yunae gave Dabin an obvious stare as she shook her head. "Of course I'd give him your number! Did you see him? That guy was amazing!! He was almost as amazing as Song Joongki, no - scratch that, possibly even more handsome!" Dabin just laughed. "Yunae, you know better than anyone that I don't look at guys for their looks." 
"Yes but that guy wasn't just handsome, he was tall and polite and cute and just plain perfect! Did you hear his voice, it was so manly!!" squealed Yunae.
Dabin amusedly looked at her friend. "If you're so awed by this guy, why didn't you just give him your number?"
"What? Dabin, he asked for your number, not mine. I'm a loyal friend you know, I don't ever take my best friend's man. And plus, that guy was totally perfect for you," said Yunae as she dramatically clasped her hands together. 
Dabin just laughed as she rolled her eyes at her childish over dramatic friend and the way she described him as "her man" after just that couple minute encounter.
Yunae suddenly snapped, "But seriously, what the hell was that? "What's your name?" ???" Yunae imitated Dabin from just a moment ago. "What's your name?!?! Why does that even come out in that context? God, I can't even.." sighed Yunae as she closed her eyes whilst massaging her the sides of her head. Yunae then abruptly looked up at Dabin with an overly determined expression, then grabbed both of Dabin's hand as she grasped tehm between her own. "You know what? That's it, from now on,  I'm going to give you a full-on love training!! Your just too helpless in love, this loyal friend of yours cannot just stand by and watch her only best friend in despair! I, Lee Yunae, will dedicate her days from now on into being Song Dabin's personal love coach and wingman!" exclaimed Yunae.
 
But Dabin could not register anything that was coming out of her friend's mouth. She looked up into the eyes of Yunae to realise that she was fully serious. "I'm sorry, a what? A l-love training?!" cried Dabin.