Chapter 6 -- Opening Up

Do Happy Ever After Exist ?

 

 

 

" Omma is he Appa ? " the little girl asked. Dara went to to the little girl and bent down. " Baby why did you get up ? Come on i'll tucked you in bed, its past your bedtime " Dara said to her, but she is just keep on staring at me blinking. Maybe she's wondering who i am standing inside their house at this late night.
 
" Are you Appa ? " the little girl asked me tilting her head to the side staring at me. " A-a-appa ? " i stuttered as my eyes turned into saucer. " Ahh ~ Baby she is just Omma's friend, come on now its past your bedtime " Dara said as she stand up and hold the little girl's hand then faced me.
 
" Lets just talk tomorrow " she simply said. " No, we have to talk " i said staring at the little girl. " Moments ago im asking you to talk but you can't even utter a word " she said.
 
" No, we really need to talk " i inisist to her still looking at the little girl who is staring back at me innocently.
 
" Jiyong, you don't need to know anything about her "Dara said noticing my stare at the little girl who is staring back at me innocently. 
 
" Besides we had more pressing things to talk about like what you did earlier " she said gritting her teeth. I know she's just controlling herself not to errupt because of the little girl beside her. " No, i need to know " i said as my eyes go back and forth to Dara and to the little girl.
 
" You didn't tell me your married, its not even stated in your form " i accusingly said as i finally look at Dara.
 
" Who says i have a husband ? " she said. I dont know but i felt relieved on what she said. 
 
" I'll just wait here " i said as i took a seat on their single couch. " Ahhh ~ i give up. Fine wait for me here ill just change my clothes too " she said tiredly.
 
" Come on now baby, lets get you in bed " she said to the little girl who just nod at her in response. While they're walking their way to the bedroom, the liitle girl look back at me pouting innocently.
 
She looks pretty, they both look pretty. They are indeed a mother and daughter.
 
 
 
 
______
 
 
 
 
DARA POV
 
 
 
Me and Jiyong are now sitting side by side on the couch, no one is talking. Im really exhausted, i dont have any more energy to talk to this jerk.
 
" You have a daughter " Jiyong said breaking the silence but not looking at me. " Obviously " i said as i rolled my eyes. " Where is her father ? " he asked. " I think we shouldn't talk about that " i said.
 
" Where is her father ? " he asked again ignoring what i said, Ahh ~ he's really persistent. Fine it will not hurt if i tell him right ? 
 
" I dont know ~ Heck i dont even know him " i said as leaned back on the couch, im really tired now.
 
" What ? What do you mean ? " he asked looking at me with his confused face. I sigh and tapped the backrest of the couch asking him to leaned back too and he obliged.
 
" Lauren is not my biological daughter, i just adopted her, more on her mother entrusted her to me " i said as i look at him to see his reaction, he gasped a little and then nod urging me to continue. With that i close my eyes and started to recall what happen in my life 4 years ago when Lauren came into my life.
 
 
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
 
 
4 YEARS AGO
 
 
 
 
I was walking on the busy street of Seoul for how many hours now looking for a job. I have just graduated two weeks ago on the course of Business Administration. All of my classmates are still taking their time resting and enjoying, saying its still early to look for a job which is two weeks just after graduation. But heck ! I really need to work. Im the only one supporting myself since i enter college.
 
My parents both died in a car accident 11 years ago. I was only 10 years old at that time, i was so devastated. At that time after the funeral, my mother's cousin who is a doctor is the one who take responsibility of me.
 
She didn't have any family at that moment, she supported me until i made into my senior year in high school. But at that time also she met a foreigner who became her boyfriend until the guy asked her for marriage. My Aunt Gummy who is not getting any younger say yes and because she was really smitten by the guy. The problem is the guy asked him to live abroad with him.
 
Aunt Gummy hesitate at first, i know because she doesn't want to leave me but i dont want to be a burden and a hinder to her happiness. Im really thankful to her for everything so i have no rights to stop her for reaching for her happiness. 
 
After the day of my graduation in high school, Aunt Gummy and her husband flew to France to live there but before they go, Aunt Gummy rent a small apartment for me and even paid my tuition fee for the first year of my college. She really is my second mom.
 
College life has been hard for me. I got two part time jobs. As a waitress in a coffee shop in the morning and at night i work at a gasoline station. Eventhough Aunt Gummy sometimes send me money, its not enough because i need to pay the apartment rental, my tuition fee, books, school projects, electric and water bills, food ~ as in everything is on my hands now. That's why i really need to double up my work. 
 
But having two part time jobs doesn't stop me from studying hard, its more like giving me motivation and determination that's why i graduated with flying colors.
 
Now here i am dress in casual as im done hunting job for today. I drop my work at the gasoline station because i think its not appropriate for me to still work there. And night shift is really exhausting.
 
Here i am now standing in the waiting shed as i wait for a cab to go home. Sigh ~ i just hope one of those companies i applied for today will call me. Just then a cab stop in front of the waiting shed, i step out on the shed and went to the cab and when i was about to open the door, i feel a hand was also holding the cab's door. Aissh ~ i was the first one to reach the cab, i thought annoyed.
 
Then when i looked at my side, i see a pregnant lady who is probably in her late 20's looking very pale. " Miss please help me i think im going to give birth now " she said panting as she hold my arm for support then she fainted. " Omo ! " i exclaimed, good thing i able to catch her before she ends up in the pavement. Just then the taxi driver came out to help me then we rush her to the nearest hospital.
 
____
 
I am now here standing, more on fidgeting at the hospital hall for an hour. Why i am here again ? Sigh ~ i just want to go home and rest. The lady is still on the emergency room, i hope she's fine.
 
Just then a nurse came out from the emergency room. " How is she ? " i immediately asked the nurse. " Are you the one who brought her here ? " the nurse asked. " Neh, how is she ? " i asked again. 
 
" She already gave birth, the baby is fine " the nurse said. I sigh in relief. " But ~ " the nurse trailed off. " But what ? " i asked
 
" But the mother is in very critical condition, she lost a lot of blood and she's having a seizure " the nurse explained. " She wants to see you " the nurse added. " Why ? " i asked " Maybe she knows this things will happen, we learned that she has a heart problem " the nurse said.
 
Heart problem ? It reminds me of the fat boy i met when i was 12 years old at the hospital where Aunt Gummy was working.
 
" Miss, i think we need to go now she's waiting for you, follow me " the nurse said kicking me out on my trance. " Neh " i said as i followed her.
 
___
 
The moment i stand beside the lady she immediately hold my hand tightly, i gasped in surprise. " Promise me you'll take care of my baby " she said looking at me with her tired eyes. " What are you ~ " i said but she cut me off. 
 
" Please just listen, i know i cannot make it anymore so i needed someone to take care of my baby, i know this will happen, i know i shouldn't burden you with this but please be my baby's mother " she said pleadingly.
 
" But dont you have a family ? Where's your husband ? " i asked her. " My family disowned me when i choose my boyfriend over them, they are living in some other country now but i dont know where, they dont care about me anymore and my boyfriend left me when he found out that im pregnant " she said as tears escaped her eyes.
 
" Sshh ~ dont cry its not good for you " i said as i try to cooed her to stop crying. " Please promise me you'll take care of my baby " she plead again as she hold my hand tighter.
 
" Dont talk anymore, youre tired " i said as i try to calm her.  " Promise me first " she said. " Okay i promise, just dont move and talk anymore get some rest now " i said.
 
" Thank you i owe you a lot, when im already at heaven i'll ask God to give you the happiness you truly deserve " she said. " Dont say that you'll survive " i said to her as i squeeze her hand.
 
" This is my final stop already, Thank you, please take care of my baby " she said tiredly as she smiled and a tear escaped her eye, then she gently close her eyes and her grip in my hand loosened. Just then the doctor and nurses swarm over her checking her pulse.
 
" Time of death 4:21pm "
 
 
_____
 
 
I am now here again at the hospital hall leaning on the wall. Another person died in front of me again. First my parents now that lady. Am i cursed ?
 
I promise the lady to take care of her baby but how ? I dont have a nice apartment, i dont have a decent job yet in short im a 21 year old lady who dont have a stable life. Maybe i should give her to the orphanage.
 
Just then the nurse came to me again. " Ms. Park, lets go " the nurse said, i follow her. She push the door open of the nursery room, i see a lot of newly born babies sleeping.
 
The nurse carry one of them and went to me " Here Ms, Park, she is the daughter of Ms. Lauren " the nurse said urging me to carry the baby.
 
" Lauren ? " i asked " Yeah, her mother's name is Lauren, here you can carry her " the nurse said as she gave me the baby. 
 
I stare at the baby, she's really pretty like her mom. I feel bad for her mom she didn't even got the chance to take a glimpse on how beautiful her daughter is.
 
" Hi Baby " i said as i touch her hand and she grip one of my fingers. Just by the mere touch of her hand, i grew fondness on her already. Its like she's saying that she needed me by the grip of her hand on my finger.
 
 
I felt my tears started to fall. Why life can be cruel to this innocent baby ? She was just born then her mom died giving birth to her, her relatives disowned her and her father doesn't want him. I wipe my tears. 
 
" Hi baby, im your new mom ~ i'll promise to take care of you and love you " i said as i looked down at the angel in my arms and kissed her forehead.
 
" What will you name her Ms. Park ? " the nurse asked me. " Lauren, her name will be Lauren, i wanna name her after her mother " i said as i smiled. 
 
" You'll be a good mother Ms. Park " the nurse said. " Thank you " i replied as i looked down lovingly at my Baby Lauren.
 
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
 
_____________
 
 
 
" Years passed, being a single parent has its ups and downs. Good thing your company accepted my application. At first i work there as a receptionist but after a few months i was promoted for my hard work until i became Mr. Kang's secretary. Whenever i need someone to take care of Lauren i always asked Chaerin to look after her. I met Chaerin at the coffee shop where we are both part time workers thats how we became friends. But we already quit our jobs there since we both had a permanent job now. She have now her own online store thats why she always have time to take care of Lauren and im thankful for that because i dont want to hire a baby sitter. I just dont want to entrust Lauren to anybody whom i dont know. Lauren knows im not her true mother, i already told her that her mother is now on God's care. I expect her to throw many questions at me but she didn't. She just close her eyes clasped her hands together, praying. After that she looks at me and smiled. 'What did you pray' i asked her as i ruffled her hair. 'I pray that my true Omma is now happy with Papa God and i prayed that Papa God will let me be with Pretty Omma Forever' she said. I teared up on what she said then i hugged her tight 'Of course Omma will stay with you forever' She's really a gift to me, i believe faith bring us together. I dont think i cant live without her, she's my life now " i finished my story as a tear escaped my eye, i wiped it immediately then i look at Jiyong to see his reaction.
 
" You've been through a lot " he commented as he stared at me and smiled. " I didn't know a small lady like you can be this strong " he said.
 
" Looks can be deceiving " i said as i playfully hit his arm. He just chuckled. " Now care to tell me yours ? " i nudge him. " Huh ? What to tell ? " he said as he avoid my eyes.
 
" Come on Jiyong, who are those people earlier ? Dont be unfair " i said.
 
He sigh " Thats Yoona and Donghae the three of us were friends since childhood until Yoona became my girlfriend. I love her since were kids thats why i was so happy back then when she agreed to become my girlfriend and even told me she loves me. Years passed, my sweet relationship to Yoona became rough, i feel her distancing herself to me. One day i decided to visit her on her pad since she's not answering her phone and im getting worried but when i opened the door i got the greatest shocked of my life. There's my girlfriend kissing passionately another guy, not just another guy but our friend Donghae. After that incident Yoona was the one who broke up with me saying sorry and she saying she doesn't love me anymore, that im too perfect for her. I was too devastated at that time thats why dad decided to bring me to America to forget everything " he finished. 
 
" You've been through a lot " i said copying what he commented to me earlier. " But that's nothing compare to yours " he said as he look at me with a faint smile.
 
" So thats why you did that charade ealier ? " i asked him. " I dont know, i just feel my blood boil when i see them looking happy together and smiling at me like nothing happened " he shrugged.
 
" You want her to be jealous, dont you ? " i asked. " Huh ? " he said " You did that because you want her to regret cheating on you, you want to show to her that you already move on, in short you want her to regret everything " i said.
 
" I dont know but im sorry for involving you in this " he said as he look at me apologetic. " Its okay, its already done i'll just help you in this charade of yours " i said.
 
" But what if after this whole charade, she realize she still loves you ? What if she ask you that she wants you back ? Would you accept her again ? " i asked but he just remained silent seems contemplating on my questions.
 
" I guess silence means Yes, ill take that as an answer " i said as i stand up. " Dara ~" he was about to say something but i cut him off.
 
" Its okay Jiyong, we'll talk about this whole charade some other day, ill just make us some tea then we can sleep. Its already late and were both tired. You can sleep here if you want but i can only offer you my couch " i said and gave him a timid smile. He sigh and just nod then i went to the kitchen.
 
 
 
 
_________________
 
 
 
 
JIYONG POV
 
 
 
Minutes passed but Dara is still in the kitchen, as i am busy with my own thoughts. Do i want Yoona to be jealous ? Do i want her back ?
 
Just then i here a kettle whistling from the kitchen bringing me out from my thoughts. I stand up and went to the kitchen to check on Dara. And there i found her leaning her head on the dining table sleeping soundly, with that i went to turned off the stove and went to her and scooped her up carried her bridal style to their bedroom.
 
I laid her on the bed beside Lauren who stirred a little and automatically drape her arm on Dara's waist and snuggle closer to her. I pulled up the covers for them.
 
Then i look at Dara " You're really a wonderful and an amazing woman ~ if i only met you first " i softly said as i leaned down and kissed her forehead. I dont know i just feel its the right thing to do. 
 
Then i stand up straight then look at the two sleeping figure . I smiled at their sight, they really look like a mother and daughter eventhough their not blood related.
 
I turned around and walked to the door but before i open the door, i take a one last look at them
 
" Goodnight Angels " i said with a smile then went out their room gently closing the door and made my way to their couch. 
 
 
 
 
 
*****************
 
 
 
WRITTER'S NOTE :
 
 
Chapter 6 serve all for you ~ we all know now that Lauren is really not Dara's daughter
i hope that's answers your questions on the previous chapter XD
I know your all curious about one more thing 
Who is TOP ? anyway here POV is next so dont worry you will know soon
but i bet you all have a clue now when you re-read Dara's story
you'll got an idea where is TOP in the timeline keke XD
anyway ill update soon as my final examination ends this week ~  BOOYAH ! ^0^
 
Subscribe ! subscribe ! Give me your comments ~ ill love to read it :)
Lots of Love ♥