Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

I'll Remember

*I changed the direction of how the story will be going. So I re-wrote the first chapter.*


S E C R E T S

---

“Someone call an ambulance!”

“Oh my god, what happened here?!”

“I got 119* on the phone…hello? Can you send an ambulance and make it quick.”

“Is she going to be alright?”

A flock of bystanders surrounded the scene and many had come to Seoeun's aid as she laid across the pavement badly wounded. Muffled sounds of panic blended into the sirens of an oncoming ambulance. She was able to slightly open her eyes to see the paramedics strap her onto a gurney. Her body felt surprisingly numb that she wasn’t able to feel the slightest bit of pain. Seoeun's eyelids suddenly felt heavier and when she was no longer able to keep them open, her world became black. Was I dying?


4 hours earlier

Soeun headed out the building of the magazine company she worked for. It was getting late in the evening and the rain began heavily pouring down onto the streets, sadly she forgot to bring her umbrella. Her profession as a photographer was finally getting recognized and more modeling companies began coming to her. She had always wanted to become a hot-shot photographer since she was young and it is finally coming true.

Seoeun decided to go into the nearest café by the building and ordered a large cup of Americano. She sat down by the window and looked out to watch the rain pour as she waited for her coffee. As she sat there, Seoeun lifted her left hand and admired the glistening ring on her finger. It brought a smile to Seoeun's face as she thought about her fiancé.

7 years ago

Click…the sound of Seoeun's Nikon camera went off as she took pictures of the art university she got accepted to. Seoeun wasn’t fond of taking photos of people, but for some reason her hand had a mind of its own and snapped a photo of a guy across the small garden. He turned her way and she immediately looked away hoping he didn’t notice. Seoeun heard a light chuckle and saw the guy staring straight at her. By that time she knew she was screwed. She decided to walk up to him and explain her odd reason of taking a photo of him.

He noticed Seoeun and turned his body facing her as she blushed because of her stupidity. He had a knowing look on his face which made her even more embarrassed than she already was.

“You do know that a photo of me costs ₩111,743**,” he said with a smug look on his face with his hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans. “So, are you in the Department of Stalking?” he assumed while laughing.

Seoeun was seriously getting irritated and regretted to have thought he was attractive for a second.

“I’m in the Department of Photography actually. I only do stalking as a hobby. How about you? Are you in the Department of Arrogance?” Seoeun sarcastically answered with a smile on her face as she got annoyed with his conceited attitude.

He light heartedly laughed. “Good one. The name’s Kim Sunggyu by the way, but you can call me Oppa. I am actually in the Department of Vocal Music for your information and may I know your name, dear?” he said the last word with emphasis as his eyes gradually became smaller as he smiled. Seoeun couldn’t deny the fact that he was extremely cute but getting on her nerves.

She decided to have a little fun so she invited him for some coffee in the café by the university. “Hmm, maybe I could tell you over some coffee later on in the day.” Seoeun replied as she raised an eyebrow. She took out a post-it note she had in my bag and scribbled down her number. “Here’s my number so call me maybe.” she smirked as she handed him the note.

“Sounds good, see you tonight,” Sunggyu said as he waved the little note and shoved it into his pocket as he turned away and began walking towards his dorm.

Seoeun smiled as she reminisced the time of their little date. She couldn’t deny the fact she played hard to get as they dated and vice versa for him. They got to know each other better and went more dates after that and by then they were head over heels for each other; both had one another at their fingertips. After five years of dating he finally got down on one knee and proposed to which Seoeun happily accepted.


When the waiter finally came over with her coffee, the jingle of the bell alarms her. Seoeun gripped her coffee mug as she recognized the faint laugh belonging to him and some other girl. Seoeun didn’t want to turn around to face the truth whether or not Sunggyu was out with another girl. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes before she decided to sit up from chair. As Seoeun slowly turned around, she opened her eyes and her blood began to boil. Tears slowly began to form on the brims of Seoeun's eyes at the sight of Sunggyu with his hands wrapped around another girl’s waist. He leaned in and whispered into the girl's ear as she giggled in return. He hasn’t noticed Seoeun yet which gave just enough time to debate on what she should do. Seoeun decided to walk up to Sunggyu and the girl. He turned my way as he heard Seoeun's heels clack on the hardwood floor. The look on his face when he saw her made Seoeun smirk in disbelief.

     “Fancy meeting you here Sunggyu,” Seoeun coldly stated trying to hold back the tears.

     “Seoeun…”

     “When were you planning to tell me? Huh?!” her voice gradually got louder, “On the day of our wedding?!”

The girl clung on to Sunggyu and asked him, “who is she?” Seoeun couldn’t stand it anymore. She finally broke out into tears and Sunggyu wasn’t going to be her shoulder to cry on.

Seoeun stormed out the café with a bunch of questions in her head wanting answers. She didn’t want to see his face any longer, but he thought it would nice to follow her out. Wrong.

She could hear his footsteps coming up behind her and sighed.

     “Seoeun…I can explain.” He said as he placed a hand on the back of Seoeun's shoulder.

     “Don’t you ing touch me!” she briskly shook him off, not wanting any part of him touching her. She continued to walk towards the crosswalk before he hastily pulled her arm making her face him.

     “Seoeun-ah, listen to me please.”

Seoeun slapped him across the face leaving a mark. “So, were you really going to leave me before our wedding? After all we’ve been through, is this how you want to end it? How long, how long have you kept this from me?”

     “I’m sorry. I really truly do love you.” Sunggyu said with eyes searching for mines.

     “I don’t believe it for a second,” Seoeun sneered.

     “She’s just a side fling. I was going to leave her soon. Please forgive me, I love you...” He hung his head low as he got to his knees.

     “How would I know that you weren’t going to eventually leave me too after we got married?! I’m sorry too, I’m sorry we ever met in the first place.”

As she said that she turned towards the crosswalk not noticing the light turning green.

“SEOEUN!” Sunggyu yelled as he tried to catch my attention.

Seoeun wasn’t ready for what was about to happen. Two bright lights headed her way as she crossed the crosswalk. Vision blurred from the tears streaming down her face. The sounds of tires screeching against the asphalt and the last sound she heard was the collision of a car against a body…her body.


*119 is the actual emergency number in Seoul, South Korea. Not to be mistaken with the American 911.

**₩111,743 is roughly about 100 US dollars.

So, rewrote first chappie. 

I hope you like this instead lolz. 

I am a noob at writing, so please excuse the nonsense and errors I have written c: