My Life as Kim Tae Hyun ~ 1st Person

A Happy Request Town

[First Chapter]

Sidenote before current reader starts reading: Kim Tae Hyun is a girl who has a habit of writing diary entries addressing you as the reader, or in her point of view, addressing her future audience -- You’ll get what I mean. When you see this font, remember that she’s just continuing her diary entry as the story progresses on. This chapter starts off with her diary entry. Enjoy your time reading~ Remember to vote whether or not you like this chapter in the comments below! :)


 

1/2/13 Kim Taehyun

Entry #100


Bear with me for a second, and abandon the thought that you think this is one of those “cliche stories with the same storyline”.

Done?

Good. I appreciate the effort it took you to do that. I’m not being sarcastic. I swear.

Now imagine 20 years from today. Technology has advanced by far and so has the economic market. The real estate market is booming with more sales than ever, and the international flights have gotten so fast, it doesn’t even take 16 hours to get from New York City to Hong Kong anymore. In fact it only takes 5.

Well, the world sounds happy and awesome now, doesn’t it?

However, unfortunately, one department in this worldwide category isn’t doing so well, and it's messing up the whole system. As you can probably guess, yes, it’s the music industry. Ever since Rain left to the military and TVXQ split up, things have been going downhill in Korea and for all international fans. No matter how many new boy and girl groups companies release, no one even knows their group name, let alone their individual names. 

Just how sad is that? 
I didn't even know such groups like A Prince and Big Star existed.

That’s when it hit me.

The world is in desperate need of a certain 15 year old girl, Kim Taehyun.  You know, just the average country girl living in Busan with a huge goal to save the world from a future music crisis. She will save the nation and allow Korea to possess the knowledge of who the singers representing their country are.

Yep, you heard right. That girl who plans to save the world? She just so happens to be me.

“KIM TAE HYUN, GET DOWN HERE!”

They need a next Kim Tae Hee right now, and I know I’m fit for the job.

“KIM TAEHYUN, WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING UP THERE?!”

Okay, maybe not so much fit for the job just yet, but I assure you that I will succeed in my plans of saving the world. Let me continue to tell you about my fabulo--.

“KIM TAEHYUN, IF YOU IGNORE ME ONE MORE TIME, I WILL GET UP THERE AND DRAG YOU DOWN HERE MYSELF. YOU HEAR ME?!?!”

“Right when I was just getting to the good part..” I murmured, lifting my pen from the half filled page in my diary. I shut my diary close and locked it with a click. “I was going to tell my future audience about my plans to become a Kpop star legend!”

I sighed dejectedly before leaping off of my bed. I quickly pulled open the drawer in my nightstand and shoved my diary inside so no one could just pick it up and read from it.

Sure, I would love to share my stories with everyone else, but everyone just regards me as a young 15 year old girl with big dreams. One who isn’t tainted and hasn’t seen the reality of life just yet. What a joke, but I’ve stuck to that small introduction til now. It’s a pretty good introduction. The “A young 15 year old girl with big dreams.” part. You probably thought the same thing about me. I sound like a ridiculous mentally crazed girl, don’t I. Well, no one cares about your opinion anyway.

“KIM TAE--”

Just kidding. My language can get a little insulting at times. I apologize in advance.

“I’m COMING, Mom!!!” I shouted.

I guess I’ll have to resort to making a mental diary and writing it all down later. I took one last longing look at my diary before swinging my bedroom door open and rushing down the stairs. Mom could get over reactive if I didn’t run to her within a minute of her calling me down, so I almost always made sure to be down in a cut record of 30 seconds. She almost called 911 once when I took an extra 5 minutes longer than usual to come down. Hey, you can’t blame me. I had to finish one of my diary entries.

I entered the kitchen where my mom was standing and walked straight towards the refrigerator. Swinging the door open, my eyes immediately caught on to something and my eyes sparkled and glowed. I grabbed the delectable irresistible Calpico Lychee bottle out of the fridge.

“Mom, what do you need me for again? I already told you 30 minutes ago that I was writing a very very important chapter for my readers about my fabulous plan to invade the music industry.” I said as a matter of factly.

I closed the refrigerator door and leaned against it, cracking the bottle cap open with a harsh twist. I took in a swig of the wonderfully delicious lychee drink and almost flew to heaven. Though I chose to stay on ground since I did have a goal to accomplish. But it really is the best drink in the world. You should really try it.

“Taehyun-ah..” Mom started.

“Yeah, yeah. Lower the sweet talk and cut to the chase.” I stated, taking out a sharpie pen and drawing a cute face on the bottle cap of my drink. I collected them, though I only had 5 as starters.

“We’re moving to Seoul.”

I nearly messed up the cute face on my bottle cap and choked on my own spit as I tried to comprehend what my mom had just said. My mom took my reaction differently, though.

“I know, I couldn’t help it, I really couldn’t, I’m so sorry, Taehyun-ah, but I got a job offer there and it was really tempting and--”

I cut my mom off. “We’re...We’re...moving to SEOUL!?!?” I screamed.

“...Uh, honey, I...” Mom looked at me bewildered. “I just don’t know what to say..how do I make this up to you?”

“Never mind that yet. You can do something for me later.” I winked. “When are we leaving? Should I start packing? Are we living close to the Cube Entertainment building? I hope we are. Let’s get started packing now! What job did you get? What is it related to?” I grinned, quickly setting down my Calpico drink onto the kitchen counter and dragging my mom up the stairs. She stared at me wide-eyed.

“Are...are you okay?” She asked me in her motherly Busan accent.

I rolled my eyes.

“Of COURSE I’m okay!” I exclaimed over-enthusiastically in my sudden Seoul accent. My mother had the weirdest expression on her face, I wanted to laugh out loud, but I held back.

I had been practicing my Seoul accent over and over again alone in my room, just in case I got a chance to audition at one of the entertainment companies.

Yes, I know. You got so excited with me when I found out I was moving to Seoul with my mom, that you forgot about the fact that I still had a mission to save the world. I understand you. If only I actually knew you guys so you could come over and help me pack. I have *so* much to bring.

My mom looked at me with a relieved expression on her face.

“Let’s start packing then! We leave tomorrow.”

I smiled, ready to get to Seoul and get my action going. I was going to be famous, save the world, and get a bunch of boys to swoon over me in the process. Better yet, I might be able to meet some of my favorite idols -- the ones that I am familiar with -- and become friends with them! What better deal can there be than that?

 

 

~*~

A/N:

 

Hello! This is Kpopchicken and Immortal611 back with a new chapter, My Life as Kim Tae Hyun!

 

What’d you think of it?

 

Now it’s your turn to vote! Remember, you can be honest, and feel free to give feedback on how to make the chapter better. You can just comment for the heck of it, too. ;D

 

Love,

Authors

 

P.S. Thanks to all the readers who commented, viewed, subscribed, or upvoted this story! <3 If you would like to additionally give feedback or just strike a conversation with me about my fanfictions, feel free to leave me a message on www.kpopchickenaff.chatango.com. You may also follow me on tumblr at 1004myangel.tumblr.com. Thanks!

 


 

Would You Read This Story?

 

 

Comment below & let us know!