My Arranged Marriage with Hangeng ~ You

A Happy Request Town

 

[First Chapter]

I can't believe I’m in an arranged marriage with him! You thought in disbelief.

Your father had told you that it was a corporate meeting you were going to. An important one that you couldn’t miss. You felt a sense of betrayal and hurt about the fact that your father had lied.

I need to have a talk with him when I get back. You thought in all seriousness, before you returned a smile to the stranger sitting across from you, who was your supposed "husband".

You nodded as you pretended to listen to the adults talk about how glad they were that you and their son were married. You glanced over at your so-called husband, and wondered if the smile plastered on his face was real or not. He caught you looking, and introduced himself to the adults’ liking.

“Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Hangeng, and I’m 24 years old. What’s your name?” Your supposed husband -- wait. Your husband, Hangeng, asked. You didn’t dare not to reply as your father sternly glared at you.

You felt like you could read your dad’s mind, and knew that this marriage would benefit both sides of the family, or at least, one side, since you did not know of Hangeng’s background. You sighed. You loved your dad, but sometimes he was just a bit too weird.

For those who didn’t know, your father was actually Psy, who recently became a huge hit in the United States gaining more than 300 million views on Youtube. It was kept a secret so no press would be up your face in Korea. You were doing just fine being a trainee, and had no need for attention at the moment. You figured your father’s “Gangnam Style” was what motivated him to sign you up for an arranged marriage.

So much for Justin Bieber and his manager signing my father into the U.S. You thought, inner voice full of sarcasm. You had to stop yourself from rolling your eyes in front of your fiance.

“Annyeonghaseyo. My name is___________ and I’m 22 years old.” You spoke formally, setting a tense air around your side of the dinner table. Your father returned back to talking with the other side of the family. Both of you sat rigid at the end of your seats, painfully taking small bites of your steak dinner as it was served. You awkwardly made a move to reach for your wine glass, taking a sip as instructed. It went perfectly with the medium rare juiciness of the meat. As you savored the dinner, your “father-in law” suddenly mentioned your name. You perked up to listen and heard as he said something that almost made you spit out the expensive wine.

“Let’s leave these two alone and let them get to know each other more,” he said, winking at you and Hangeng. Your father agreed almost instantly, chuckling along with Hangeng’s father. As they rose from the table, you watched as your father listened to Hangeng’s father’s hopes and dreams for the future of you and Hangeng. You secretly looked at Hangeng to see what his reaction was, but he just sat there smiling. By this time, you really wondered whether he was forced into this marriage or not. Why was he smiling all the time? You also watched as your father turned around, giving you a stern look. You reluctantly replied by giving him a “You better explain this to me when we get back home” nod.

After they left, you and Hangeng silently sat there, choosing to continue eating. Hangeng was the first to speak up. clearing his throat for your attention. You looked up startled, meeting his eye for the first time.

“So...do you remember me?” Hangeng asked informally. You were about to protest about the informalities until you realized that he was 2 years older than you, and he was your fiance now, so why the hell even bother? However, there was one thing you didn’t get. What did he mean by “remembering him”? You stared back at him with the most confused expression you could muster. He sighed dejectedly, pouting to himself.

“So it’s true...you forgot about me...and here I thought you would have remembered. I guess not.” He murmured, quiet enough for only him to hear.



FLASHBACK:

“Umma geum, appa geum, aegie geum~” A bundle of children were singing happily in the warm classroom, sheltered from the approaching winter outside.

The kindergarten singing class was just about to end, and you were dying to leave. Today was the Magnificent Monday, as you loved to call it. The day that you would be able to hang out with your bestest friend ever, Hankyung oppa. He was a second grader in elementary school, but you guys became close friends because of your parents. The miniature version of you watched the clock as every second went by. It seemed like 5 minutes was 5 hour, and you didn’t like it one bit. You wanted to see your favorite oppa now.

When the teacher finally announced class had officially ended, you bounded out the door, bolting to the exit of the school. You didn’t bother turning back as you heard your teacher call out your name, telling you that you forgot to clean up your cubby box.

Flinging the doors open, you ran out of the school, arms wide open. “HANKYUNG OPPAAAA!”

You stopped, realizing that he wasn’t there, and you were just hugging air. You pouted, furrowing your eyebrows. It wasn’t normal for your oppa to not be waiting outside for you. Every Magnificent Monday, he was supposed to stand there and wait for you to come out and give you a big hug.

Instead of seeing Hankyung, you saw a black shining limo parked out front. You hurriedly rushed down the steps to the car, knocking lightly on the window. You frowned since the windows were tinted black and you couldn’t see anything inside. You wanted to see Hankyung oppa as fast as possible. It’s already been 7 days since you last saw him and you missed him as much as a mouse loved cheese.

Your frown quickly turned into a grin as the window rolled open, revealing Hankyung.

“OPPA!” You shouted happily, waiting for him to open the car door and hug you. However, he didn’t. You tried to ignore it, and instead, changed the topic.

“Khundae [but], oppa,  what are we doing today? Last time, you promised that we could go to an amusement park! Are we really going?!?!?! Oh my gawsh, I really want that pink fluffy stuff that melts in your mouth and I want that fizzy drink...what was it? So....so.....Soda!” You got excited all over again, having never tried any of those aforementioned foods.

You saw as Hankyung oppa looked away, trying to hide the guilt from his face. “~~~~~ah...” He started, looking down as he fiddled with his fingers.

You waited for your oppa to speak, a smile still pasted on your face.

“I’m getting...really busy with my dad’s company, you know? He owns a big company.” Hankyung stopped talking to look at you.

You nodded enthusiastically, happy you knew what he was talking about.

“Well, I have to go with my dad somewhere really really far away, and I won’t be back for a very long time, ~~~~~~ah.” He looked at you worriedly, wanting to open the car door and hug you, but holding back.

“Y-y-you’re leaving?” You choked up a sob, holding onto the windowsill firmly.  “You can’t leave, oppa!! You have to stay with me! You promised me you would bring me to the amusement park!”

You started crying, and Hankyung watched you silently in the car, not knowing how to deal with this.

“D-d-don’t go...” You managed to make out in between your bawling.

“~~~~ah. I will come back and find you, okay? I won’t forget about you.” Hankyung comforted you, holding your hands in his.

“Are...Are you sure?” You sniffled, looking up at Hankyung’s eyes.

He nodded earnestly, making an oath upon himself to do so. He averted his eyes as he heard his driver speak.

“Hankyung-ssi, it’s about time. Your father is waiting.” The man sitting in the front of the limo informed him, pressing the button to start up the car.

You watched as Hankyung gave a brief nod to the stranger sitting at the front wheel.

“~~~~~ah. Never forget that I will come back for you.” He said warmly, looking into your eyes. He then looked away, regaining composure so he wouldn’t start crying himself. As a second grader and being raised under strict conditions, he was supposed to act like an adult. Not your average 7 or 8 year old. “Aigoo, it’s cold outside, ~~~~. Go back inside and wait for your dad to pick you up, araso?”

He slowly peeled off your fingers from the windowsill, and gave the top of your head a pat. You sniffled, staring at him as he closed the window without stopping even once to catch a last glance of you.

Nevertheless, Hankyung was able to see her through the glass and slowly without realizing, a tear rolled down his cheek. He rushed to brush it away, before turning to the driver.

“I just wanted to see her before I left.” Hankyung stated harshly. “We can proceed to the airport now. Dad must be waiting.”

The driver nodded, making eye contact through the rearview mirror, before pulling away from the curb and driving off.

 



“What did you say?” You asked, hoping it was nothing important that you missed. You had only heard parts of what he murmured, and had no idea what he said.

“Oh..it was nothing.” He replied, now forcing a smile as he looked up at you.

You knew something was wrong, but something in your mind told you not to ask.

 

~*~

 

A/N: Hello! This is Kpopchicken and Immortal611 back with a new chapter, My Arranged Marriage with Hangeng! What’d you think of it?

 

Now it’s your turn to vote! :D

 

Love,

 

Authors


P.S. Thanks to all readers who commented, viewed, and subscribed to this story! <3


 

Would You Read This Story?

image

Comment below & let us know!