Awkwardness

Awkward Love

 

“Why you're grinning like a retard?” Tao asked, nudging me lightly, but I didn’t pay attention to him. I was too absorbed into my own thoughts.

 

“He's in love. Man, you're so slow, Tao,” Lay threw in as he opened his strawberry milk. Tao pouted at the 'slow' part, crossing his arms.

 

“See, he's not even denying it.” Lay pointed at me as he continued to sip his milk.

 

“His thoughts are somewhere else, probably with his crush. He doesn’t even hear what we say,” Luhan said, tapping his chin.

 

“Let's test it.”

 

“Kris is a big retard and extremely stupid,” Luhan called out and the rest of my friends laughed out loud.

 

I wrinkled my nose. “Yah, I heard what you said,” I growled, pushing away his hand. He laughed at the annoyed tone in my voice.

 

“I might be somewhere else with my thoughts, but I still see and hear everything,” I said proudly, giving him my '-face'.

 

“As if.” Luhan continued to laugh and made weird faces, causing my -face to disappear and a huge grin took its place. It was impossible not to laugh at Luhan's derp faces; they were simply the best.

 

“Lay drank his strawberry milk, Tao pouted and you tapped your chin, as all of you talked about me being in love. And for your information guys, I'm not.” A satisfied smile formed on my lips as I saw my friends' jaw dropping.

 

Didn't expect me to catch everything, huh?

 

“Ah and Tao, I didn’t grin like a retard,” I said and creased my eyebrows.

 

“Gege, you did. Believe me, you did,” the seriousness in his voice made me a bit unsure. Did I really grin like a retard?

 

“Haha now he's asking himself if he really looked like a retard while grinning.”

 

“And now he's thinking 'Lay, stop reading my thoughts' and 'hey wait, since when can Lay read thoughts',” Lay stated, smirking at me, while my jaw dropped to the ground.

 

“What. How. When? Asdjfhjd, neh?” I finally managed to stop myself from babblering incomprehensible stuff, and Lay just continued to smirk at me.

 

“The rest of our school may be blinded by your oh-so-good poker face, but I'm not, Kris. I'm not. Once I looked behind that poker face, you became quite easy to decipher.~” The unicorn said in a sing-sang voice and I just stared at him, aghast. I always thought that my poker face was the best in the world and the realization that it's not hit me quite a lot.

 

“Don't worry, it's only because I know you. The others can't even decipher whether you're happy or angry,” he smiled and I sighed, seemingly relieved that my poker face was good after all.

 

“But since you can't hide anything from me, just spill it to Luhan and Tao as well.” Lay patted my shoulder and sat back, continuing to sip his strawberry milk. As soon as he finished talking, the said ones eagerly watched me, expecting some big news to break through.

 

“Guys, you know...” I stopped and took a deep breath. It was extremely hard to tell my buddies that I had a crush. I felt like a girl, which made me shudder in embarrasment.

 

“I'm not in love, but maybe- just a tiny little bit, I have a crush on someone,” I mumbled, getting more incomprehensible with each word.

 

“Who is it?” Now three pairs of eyes were directed towards me and I shifted my gaze to the side, clearly uncomfortable.

 

“Yah, why are we behaving like girls?!” I called out, in an attempt to change the topic. It seemed to work because all of them cleared their throat and sat down, going back to eating or drinking whatever they had in their hand.

 

I mentally sighed in relief, since I didn’t have to talk about this embarrassing topic again, and opened the Cola can.

 

 

 

 

“Oh hey,” I greeted Miyoung as I noticed her standing at the train stop already. Today this was the second time I saw her; the first time being in the morning when both of us got out of our trains. But in the morning we didn’t talk to each other because I got out at the other side of the station, so I just walked a few meters behind her as we both walked to the school's building.

 

“Hi,” she greeted back, smiling lightly, and I felt my heart beating a bit faster again. So, this is what a crush felt like.

 

We sat down on the bench, since it would take a while for our trains to arrive. I was eager not to let the atmosphere become awkward again, hence I decided to start a small conversation.

 

“Uh and what's your favorite colour?” as soon as the question left my mouth, I mentally let out a groan. The question couldn’t have been even more random, could it? I looked to the ground, knowing that exactly questions like this made the atmosphere awkward...

 

It was silent for a while and I didn’t dare to look up, but a sudden laughter made me look up nonetheless. Miyoung was chuckling and I just smiled upon seeing that.

 

“Kris, you're so awkward.” She continued to laugh. “But then again, I'm not better,” she said, slowly stopping to chuckle.

 

“So, two extremely awkward people happen to have to wait for their trains together, everyday,” I noted and Miyoung let out a sigh.

 

“Guess you’re right,” she smiled.

 

 

After some attempts we finally managed to lessen the awkwardness in the atmosphere and I also felt myself getting more comfortable.

 

We talked about each other's favorite films, and after some time I asked about her circulation since she had told me in the infirmary that she was used to fainting, and I was quite curious about that.

 

Miyoung had visited the hospital quite often due to her condition. I didn’t even notice that my train had already arrived because I was too absorbed into her story.

 

“Kris, I think you just missed your train,” she stated and I quickly looked at the other side of the station only to see my train driving away.

 

“Oh,” was all I said, my gaze still on the away driving train.

 

Since I missed my train and hers seemed to have delay, we continued to chat with each other, and I shared a funny episode about Lay ripping his pants at the school's sport festival last year.

 

I unconsciously pouted as her train arrived, slightly sad because I still wanted to continue chatting with her. She was a really sweet girl, so different from all of my 'fangirls' at school. She didn’t squeal as soon as my lips twitched a bit, she treated me like a normal person, and not like some prince, and I liked that.

 

Miyoung waved at me behind the train door's glass and I waved back, smiling widely. I really enjoyed her company. Honestly, it was still a bit awkward, but I liked it. The awkwardness between us made me smile.

 

I liked it. I liked her.

 

 

updated ;)

this time no huge A/N because I've got no time, sadly XD

hope you enjoyed it <3