III ..you're the only one for me

Of crushes and public confessions..

Same day,

“I know something that you guys don’t~~” Dongwoon sang out as he entered the dressing room.

“Yah! Were you talking to So Nyuh Shi Dae Yoona?” Hyunseung pounced on him.
“You know that she is our ideal girl, right? You better be careful.” Junhyung playfully warned him.

“Yes I did! She is so pretty up close, hyungs. Too bad you won’t be able to see her that closely. And anyway, she came to talk to me!” he was enjoying taunting his older members.
“Why?” Hyunseung and Junhyung asked in unison, wondering why the maknae was chosen by beautiful Deer Yoong instead of them.
“It’s a secret! I can’t tell.”

“Why you little punk!” the two tackled him in a playful fight. Yoseob joined in just to harass their lovable maknae and Dongwoon was completely outnumbered.

“Fine I’ll tell but you guys are spoilsports!” Dongwoon scooted closer to Doojoon, his trustworthy hyung and continued, “Someone from So Nyuh Shi Dae has a crush on one of the members of B2st.”  

All ears perked up including Doojoon’s.

“Don’t even hope! It’s not either of you meanies,” Dongwoon poked his tongue out at his attackers.
Doojoon knew what was coming and began mentally preparing to tell the members his big secret when - “Kikwangie hyung! The Dancing Queen has a crush on you! The Dancing king!” 

Both Doojoon and Kikwang’s eyes were wide in surprise. 

“Really Really?” Kikwang asked excitedly. 
“Are you sure?” the three boys asked and Doojoon waited for the answer, filled with dread.
“Yes, Yoona sunbaenim said that Hyoyeon sunbaenim asked her for help.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


B2st Dorm

Long after their schedule ended Doojoon was tossing and turning in his bed. 

Yoona’s words are definitely more real than my own assumptions right? After all, Dongwoon had said Hyoyeon had asked Yoona for help.

Had he imagined all those hints that Hyoyeon had given him during their pretend date? Up until then, it had been purely platonic from her side. So had he just over exaggerated every word, every look from her because he wanted her to like him back so badly?
She hadn’t brought up their moment in the car again so maybe she had just been curious and now was too embarrassed by his kiss to talk about it. What about the phone calls and texts since then?

He tried to remember everything she had said… but even though in the moment it had felt like she was flirting with him, she could have just been acting like her usual playful self. She always called him ‘baby’ jokingly and they talked before bed regularly even before the date.

He screamed into his pillow in frustration. 

Just this morning he had been so certain and ready to confess.

He decided to take a different approach and tried to recall if Hyoyeon had shown any interest in Kikwang. Even though his mind didn’t want to remember anything certain incidents and words were popping up.

 

 

“Your member, Kikwang, is a really good dancer! I remember seeing him in a hip hop class before!” 
“Kikwang was so adorable in High Kick! Is he like that in real life? Does he tell you the show’s storylines?”
“I ran into Kikwang in the MBC building the other day. He’s really friendly.”


Snap out of it, Yoon Doojoon! He scolded himself. There was only one way to find out for sure. 
He picked up his phone and typed in a message quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SNSD Dorm

Hyoyeon woke up the next morning and as usual, checked her phone immediately. There were no missed calls but 3 new messages.
She scrolled through them lazily but sat up when she reached the third one, 

 

“Can we meet at the usual place tomorrow morning? We need to talk, even if it’s just for a minute. It’s important! I’ll be waiting.” 
Message sent at 4 am.


Hyoyeon pursed her lips wondering what he meant. If it was that important, why wouldn’t he just have called? Why did he need to meet face to face?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super Junior Dorm

“Hey guys, I’m going to the hair salon. Be back in an hour!” Donghae announced as he ran around looking for socks.
Eunhyuk waved at him from the couch where he was mindlessly flipping through tv channels next to a super focused GameKyu.
Sungmin rushed out of his room with a bag in his hand, “Hey the girls are gonna be there right? Can you give this game back to Sunny?”

Eunhyuk’s ears perked up. The girls, meant So Nyuh Shi Dae, meaning Hyo Yeon. It had been so long since he had last seen or spoken to her, he had been going crazy inside.

He quickly got up and followed Donghae, “I’m going with you!”
Kyuhyun, ever the observant maknae, looked up from his game suspiciously, “Why? Didn’t you just get a haircut and color three days ago?”

Sometimes Eunhyuk wanted to tie his mouth up with duct tape, “Well I don’t like it.”  
Donghae hopped up behind him, having finally found a clean pair of socks, ready to defend his best friend, “Hyukjae just wants to follow me around because he loves me so much.”
“Yeah what he said,” Eunhyuk threw a cushion at the smirking maknae and headed for the door. “Let’s go. I’m driving.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The hair salon was abuzz with activity as it usually was every weekend due to music shows so Hyoyeon managed to slip out easily on the pretence of a coffee run.  That gave her 15 minutes at the most. She started sprinting up the stairs. Doojoon was already there, pacing around impatiently.

“Hey, what’s up?” 
He already felt defeated by the very basic greeting. Was it even worth it? And what if she confirmed it? What would happen to them?

“Are you ok?” she shook his arm lightly, her touch springing him into action. 
“Do you like Kikwang?” he blurted out.

Her hand left his arm and his heart dropped. He looked away preparing for her admission but instead was greeted by the sound of her laughter – bubbly and amused. “Im Yoona!” 
Seeing his puzzled but deathly serious face, she slowly composed herself.  “No I don’t. At least not in that way!” His shoulders relaxed and eyes cleared up. Hyoyeon waited for him to say something more but he remained silent.  
“Was this that important thing you wanted to talk about?” she asked and he nodded. 

She started to walk away but after a moment’s hesitation turned around and searched his eyes, “Nothing else?”
He held her gaze, this time certain that there was no mistake, “Do.. do you like anyone else right now?”
She laughed softly and reached up to brush his hair away from his eyes, “Are you going to make me do all the confessing here Yoon Doojoon?”

That was enough of an answer for him and he pulled her into his arms, looking into her eyes with intensity, “Ok, I have five confessions for you, Kim Hyo Yeon." She looked up with shy curioisity. "I’ve had a huge crush on you for the longest time. I think you’re amazing! You make me smile like a fool. And go crazy with jealousy. And..” he paused and she raised her eyebrows.


“And I really want to kiss you right now.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Oppa deul,” the Sonyuhs ran up to Donghae and Eunhyuk as soon as they walked in through the door.
Out of habit, Donghae did a quick headcount, “There are only 8 of you! Where’s Hyoyeonnie?”
Eunhyuk wanted to hug Donghae for reading his mind so perfectly.
“She said she was going to get some coffee,” Sooyoung answered before rushing back to her make-up chair. The rest of the girls followed.
Donghae also walked over to the noona he had an appointment with leaving Eunhyuk on his own. So he went over to the window and silently prayed she’d show up before Donghae was finished.

He glanced at his watch. He had already been waiting for 10 minutes and was getting impatient.
Why don’t I just casually walk into the coffee shop? Yea, then I can talk to her without the other girls and Donghae watching. Why didn’t I think of that earlier?
Mentally kicking himself, he got up and walked to the café downstairs. Once there, he quickly took a peek inside but Hyoyeon was nowhere in sight.
“Where did she go?” he muttered out loud and then decided to check on his parking ticket, hoping she’d be back by then.

Whistling a cheerful tune, Eunhyuk crossed the street. After making sure he had the right amount, he was waiting to walk back across when he spotted Hyoyeon emerging from the side of the building. Her head was covered with a hat but could have recognized her in anything, anywhere.

He began excitedly thinking of a way to make bumping into her seem like a co-incidence when he noticed another figure following a minute after her. Frowning Eunhyuk crossed the street and observed Hyoyeon and the stranger from a distance.  
   
The stranger loitered behind casually and Eunhyuk recognized him, it was Yoon Doojoon from B2st. 

Did he and Hyoyeonnie come from the same place? Is there something going on between them? Eunhyuk’s heart was sinking with every question but he still tried to be sceptical, after all, there were many things behind the building.

Hyoyeon was now at the entrance of the building. She paused at the door and Doojoon caught up to her.
“Annyeong haseyo” she greeted him formally with a bow and he responded in a similar manner.

The tension within Eunhyuk melted away, “See! You were just jumping to conclusions” he started to berate himself, when it happened - 

 

 

Hyoyeon and Doojoon reached for the door handle at the same time and his hand landed on top of hers. Taking a quick look around, Doojoon stealthily entwined his fingers with hers and brushed the top of her hand with his thumb for a fraction of a second before drawing back with a polite, “Sorry about that Hyoyeon sshi. Let me hold the door open for you.” They shared a private smile.


It was a tiny moment, one that would have gone unnoticed by most people but unfortunately for Eunhyuk it would replay in his head over and over again, shattering his hope and his heart into a million tiny pieces each time.