The Objection

Mr. Cinderella; A Wondrous Modern Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sit in front of both my parents.  They are looking at me, waiting for answer.  Again, they are asking me about the marriage proposal.  They are asking me if the King of WhiteyPearl, King Jonghyun has given his answer or not.  I’m going to say that he is the one that rejected that proposal, but that only will make our relationship with that kingdom becomes worst.  So, I must tell them that I’m the one that refuse it. I’m not agreeing to be married to him.

            My parents are looking at me with curiosity.  If I tell them that I’m not agreeing with that, of course I will be scolded.  The room seems very quiet.  I look at my friend, Caroline.  She nods, giving sign to me to tell my parents my answer.  My answer is of course, I won’t get married to that King.  Although I can tell that he is really rich and clever, but he is not my type.  Furthermore, he also doesn’t want to marry me.  So, what can I do?

            “I believe you know the answer, mother and father,” I say.  I hope they know my answer.  I’m not going to get married.  King Irahoj and Queen Hadiahor look at each other.  They exchange glance and then look back at me.  They nod and smile.  And I can’t help to feel happy.  Do they really understand that I’m not marrying the King?  I thought so.  But…

            “We’re happy that you have made your mind Anifays.  You’re such a good princess to your people.  Thanks for agreeing.  The wedding is going to be one month from today,” my mother smiles widely.  My eyes widen, shocking of what both my parents think.  I thought they will understand me, but I’m absolutely wrong.

            “Mother, that’s not what I mean,” I say.

            “So…you’re now saying that the answer is not marrying the King?” my father asks me.  Yes!  I wish I could shout that.  But, somehow I’m feeling the guilt.  I try my best to control the situation.

            “Yes, father.  My answer is I am not to get married to King Jonghyun,” I say, trying my best to make the most suitable face that can maintain the good situation between us.  But, somehow I begin to feel the tense between us.  My parents and I, the three of us are now trying to defend our own opinions.  I’m standing with my own motion, not to marry the King.  While my parents are as always, want me to marry the King.

            “Anifays, what are you thinking about?” my mother says in disbelief.  I sigh.  I’m going to tell them the words.  I look at Caroline for one last confirmation.  She nods and gives me an encouraging smile.

            “Father, mother, I’m not going to marry King Jonghyun and I disagree with the marriage proposal,” I say, bravely glaring towards my parents.

            I can tell that they are mad at me.  They stare at me in bewilderment.  I think I’m in hell right now.  Their faces show how much they are really angry.  And I can feel that the degree of hotness in the room is getting higher and higher.  Aha!  This is terrible.  I’m going to get to live in hell.

            “Anifays!  You can’t!” my father says sternly as he gives me his death glare.  I look at his stabbing eyes.  I am also giving my sharp and stabbing eyes.  I’m going to face this.  I have the right to speak.  I have the right to defend my own love.  I’m going to defend my own love with Alioth, not Jonghyun Alioth but Taemin Alioth.  And I know, Taemin and his brother will help me to overcome this.  Just that, right now, I need to tell them what I feel.

            “I cannot and I will not get married to King Jonghyun.  And for your information, I’ve already told him that I disagree with the proposal and refuse to get married,” I say bravely.  Once again, I put my parents in a shocking condition.  They look at me as though I’m their food.  They going to get me and chew me anytime from now.

            “Anifays!  You told the King about that?  About you are not agreeing to get married with him?  Oh My God!  I can’t believe this!  My daughter, you’re destroying your own Kingdom!” my mother shouts to me.  But, my heart shouts ‘No!’.  I’m sure that King has his own plan.  We’re his neighbour Kingdom and I’m sure the noble King will going to help Attlantes.  I’m sure that Jonghyun already has his own plan.

            “I’m not destroying our kingdom.  I’m just doing the right thing for myself,” I say, now defending myself.

            “Yes!  You think you have done the right things.  But, not for our kingdom and our people!” my father says fiercely.  I can tell that he is really angry.  His eyes are now blazing.

            “Father!  Please understand.  I want my own life and I have the right to stand for my own future,” I say, still trying to behave and calming the situation.

            “No!  As a princess of the kingdom, honour comes first before anything else,” Queen Hadiahor says.  I sigh.

            “No, father, mother.  You don’t understand,” I say.  I want to explain the situation.

            “You’re the one that don’t understand the real situation.  You’re still very young to make the decision.  I shall never ask you to make the decision,” my mother says again.

            “Mother, listen.  I’m big and mature enough to understand all this.  And yet, I’m still hold onto my decision.  I’m not going to get married especially in such a young age,” I say.

            “Anifays!  Why you are suddenly like this?  Don’t you think about the future of the kingdom?  And don’t you think about our people?  Our main source of money is getting out and yet you are still so stubborn.  The marriage is to solve our country’s problem,” my father says.

            “Yes, I know that.  I definitely think about the future of our Kingdom.  Father, mother, trust me.  Our neighbouring kingdom will definitely not letting us forever in this problem.  Trust me that King Jonghyun will think of a plan to help us,” I say.

            “How do you know that?  Can you read his mind?” my mother starts to get emotional over this problem.  And, without thinking, I tell them everything.

            “I knew it.  Because he rejected the proposal too.  And he is the one that make me refuse this marriage too.  Both of us don’t agree on this.  We are not getting married,” I say.  That time, I only know that I have told them the real secret behind all this.  I have told them that it is that King’s plan.  And I swear, I see that their jaws drop, as though their mouths are not going to close again.  And my tears are threatening to fall.

            “So, are you telling us that the King is rejecting to marry with you?” my father asks to know the real thing.  I nod.  This time, Caroline is shocked that I reveal the truth.  I shouldn’t tell that the King is the one that refuse it.  The relationship between the two kingdoms will definitely ruin.  The people of the two kingdoms will get angry over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter