The Confession

Mr. Cinderella; A Wondrous Modern Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taemin is waiting at the castle’s yard.  It is a garden full of roses in many colours.  It is calm and harmony here, with the sweet scent of the roses.  He breathes in and smells the sweet scent.  He glances at his watch for the fifth time since he arrived there.  Another five minutes to 3.30 in the evening.  He comes early to the Castle of Attlantes through the back gate.  A lovely lady named Caroline lets him in.  Their meeting is secret.  If the King and the Queen know that the Princess meets him, he will be punished.

            But, he doesn’t care.  All he wants to do right now is to meet with his beloved and tells her the truth.  He knows that he cannot tell lies forever.  Princess Anifays must know the truth that he is actually King Jonghyun’s brother and all their meetings before are planned.  But, the most important is to tell her how he really loves her.

            After he called the Princess last week and told her that he wants to meet her, she agreed.  But, she wanted to meet here, in the castle yard since she never disguise and get out of the castle before.  Taemin agreed too, as long as he is able to meet the lovely Princess.  He continues waiting until a familiar figure appears from the castle’s door.  He waves at the princess.  She is surely very beautiful.

            “I’m sorry I’m late,” she says as Taemin bows to her, like a gentleman.

            “No, it is my honour to meet you.  I guess waiting here for half an hour is worth it since you agreed to meet me,” Taemin says and smiles.  He is absolutely adorable in his suit.  He looks so gentleman especially with his hair which he makes it standing up by hair gel.  He looks so handsome, absolutely.  And this suits the Princess too who is wearing her dress.  She looks stunning and pretty.

            “I am happy you called to meet me,” Princess Anifays says happily.  Taemin chuckles.

            “I am glad you’re happy.  I was afraid you don’t answer my call.  But, you even agreed to meet me.  Compare to you, I shall says that I’m only a crow that try to befriend with a swan.  How lucky I am,” Taemin says, revealing his own feeling.

            “Oh…Taemin.  Never say that again.  You’re not a crow, but maybe just an ugly duckling?” Princess Anifays says, joking.  Taemin laughs immediately after he hears that.  He heard the story before, about the ugly duckling.  The fairytale that tells the story about an ugly duckling who finally changes into a nice and beautiful swan.  It is definitely a nice story.

            “Do you think I will…somehow changes into a swan?” Taemin asks her who keeps looking at him and smiling.  The Princess laughs.

            “I don’t know.  Everything is up to you.  You decide it, whether you want to be swan or not,” Princess Anifays says.  She is actually hoping that Taemin will take her as his girlfriend.  She will wait until Taemin propose her to be his girlfriend, then she will tell her parents that she already refuse the marriage proposal to King Jonghyun.

            “What do you mean that I have to decide to be swan or not?” Taemin asks her, with a wide smile.  He knows exactly her meaning.  He puts his hand into his pocket and he strongly grasps the necklace he wants to give her.  He also wants to propose her, but after everything clear.  She must know every single thing.  First thing first.  That’s it.  He must tell her this.

            “Taemin…you know what I mean…” Anifays says childishly.  Taemin smile.

            “Urmmm…I’ll decide later,” Taemin says, making the Princess frowning.

            “What are you waiting for?” she asks him.  Then, she looks away.  Taemin laughs and walks to her front, facing her.

            “Alright…alright…I have to tell you something…really important,” Taemin says.

            “What is it?” she asks, delighted.  Maybe he wants to tell me he loves me, Princess Anifays says.

            “Do you know the King of WhiteyPearl?” Taemin asks her.  She frowns after she hears about the King.  She never wants to marry him.  Why Taemin suddenly brings up this topic?

            “King Jonghyun Alioth?” she asks him puzzled.

            “Yes, exactly.  Alioth right?  So, you know him.  Urmm…do you know that he is adopted and don’t you notice that I’m Taemin Alioth?” Taemin asks her and looks deep into her eyes.

            “Yes.  I know he is adopted and I know you are Taemin Alioth.  Is this piece of information important?” Anifays asks Taemin.

            “Well, yes.  I’m the King’s brother.  Really is his brother.  Biological brother and not adopted one.  Same parents,” Taemin says.

            “Oh…” Anifays seems stunned.  He stares at Taemin.  So, Taemin Alioth and Jonghyun Alioth are brothers.  The real brothers.  But, wait.  Did they plan all this?  The Princess thinks of that.  Well, it makes sense.  Jonghyun planned all this to make her refuse the marriage proposal.  This must be his plan.  All those thinking suddenly flash in her mind.

            “So…Taemin…are these being planned? Anifays asks, staring at Taemin.

            “Yes…everything was actually planned.  But…” Taemin doesn’t finish with his word when he feels a sharp and stingy pain on his left cheek.  Alright, the Princess slaps him but…why?  He looks at her for explanation.

            “Planned, huh?!  Why am I so stupid to believe you at the first place?  To make me refuse the proposal, you and your brother planned all this!  I am idiot to believe you!  Now, I know, it was all planned.  And I can conclude my love towards you is also planned.  It is fake!  All fake!” Anifays says and tears are threatening to fall.  She is too emotional.  Why?  Because, she thinks that Taemin actually doesn’t love her, but only to go on with the plan.

            “Ann…it’s not that…I…” Taemin says, but his words are cut again.

            “Shut up!  Leave now!  Or I shall call my guards to chase you away!” Anifays says.  Taemin is really shocked by the current situation.  Does the Princess really serious about this?  She orders Taemin to leave?  Taemin can believe it.  He doesn’t confess his true feeling yet.  And it is not fake.  It is a real love.  Why does she think the other way?  He just wants her to know that their meetings are planned, but his love towards her is not.  It is not planned.

            “Ann, listen.  I…” Taemin wants to explain but the Princess already run away and gets into the castle’s door.  Before she closes it, she warns Taemin.

            “Never dare to show yourself in front of me again!” she says and closes the door.  Taemin is stunned there.  He is paralyzed by the Princess’s word.  Did she say that she don’t want to see him again?  Taemin grasps the necklace in his pocket.  He feels sad, disappointed, and many more bad feelings are mixing.  He walks out from the castle gate and takes a last look at the castle.

            “Maybe I will never get to see her again…” Taemin says.  He looks down and walks away from the castle.  His heart shatters into pieces.  What should I do?  He asks himself.  He pulls out his phone and makes a call.

            “Yah!  Taemin-ah!” he could hears his best friend, Henry on the phone.

            “Henry-ah…” Taemin says with a sad tone.  Henry who really knows his best friend manages to capture the sad tone.

            “Taemin-ah…what’s up?  Any problem, huh?  Does Heechul hyung abuse you again?” Henry asks starts to worry.

            “No…nothing like that…I just want to meet you.  Can we dance this evening?” Taemin says.  Dance, the only thing that can help Taemin to release his pressure.

            “Yeah!  Sure!  I’ve got nothing to do this evening.  Taemin-ah…sounds like you have problem.  Want to talk about it?” Henry asks again.  And there’s a long silence.  Henry notices that Taemin doesn’t want to talk about it.

            “Alright…alright…Taemin-ah!  I’ll wait for you in front of my house, okay?  Give me twenty minutes, I’m on my way home from the grocery shop,” Henry says.

            “Okay…thank you,” Taemin says and he hangs up.  He walks home and enters the house.  His brothers notice his face and ask him about that.

            “Taemin, are you okay?” Key asks.  Taemin looks at him and nod telling them that he is okay, but his face doesn’t show that he is alright.  He steps into his room and closes his door.  But, he still can hear Onew’s faint voice.

            “Key, just leave him alone,” Onew says.  Taemin is glad to have such a loving brother.  This is good.  He changes into his usual t-shirt and jeans.  He throws the suit on his bed.  He washes his face and gets his hair back to usual.  Now he is back to his normal self, a school boy.  Then, he gets out from his room.

            “Hyung, I am dancing with Henry,” and without answers from his brothers, he storms out from the house, leaving them in question marks.  He walks outside the house and towards Henry’s house.  There, he could see Henry is already waiting and ready to go.  He smiles towards his friend and together they go to their usual place to meet their other friends.

 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                  

            I stomp into my room and close the door.  I feel like crying.  Why?  I’ve been cheated by a guy who I trust all this while.  What am I thinking that he is my Mr. Cinderella.  Definitely not.  Luckily, Caroline is already in the room.  She looks at me.

            “My Princess, what happened?  You don’t look happy,” Caroline says.  She walks to me and embraces me into a friendly and comforti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter