The Resignation

Mr. Cinderella; A Wondrous Modern Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Isabella Lynx is walking towards the kitchen.  She heard from a maid that Emma is there, supervising the chefs and helpers in the kitchen in preparing the meal for the King’s guests.  She knows that she is working right now, but Isabella just wants her best friend to know about this.  She is giving up and wants to end everything here.  She had just met with Marshal Allan just now and talk about this matter.  And looks like Isabella gave him no choice except to let her go.

            She steps into the big kitchen of the castle to see all of them are making the last preparation in making the deserts.  They are experts, the royal chefs.  The food scent makes Isabella drools, but she comes back to reality.  She is here to see Emma.  But, she is nowhere to be seen.  She looks everywhere in the kitchen but only manages to see chefs and their helpers in white uniforms.  She scans the kitchen again and again but fails to do so.

            “Where is the Chief of Servant, Miss Emma Joey?” Isabella asks a chef there after she fails to track her in the big kitchen.

            “Owh…Marshal Lynx.  She is at the appetizers side, making sure that everything is ready to be served to the guests.  The place is next to the main meal side,” the chef answers her with respect.  Two years working in the WhiteyPearl castle, Isabella never knows that the kitchen is that big.  No wonder the King is prohibited to go in this area, because this kitchen area is truly dangerous.  It is a working place for those who are really expert in preparing meal.  But, the stubborn and low profile King sometimes disobeys the Colonel and get into the kitchen to help.  Even Isabella never enters the kitchen except only for today.

            She is desperate to look for her friend.  She walks deeper into the kitchen and she reaches the side that preparing the appetizers after five minutes walking.  The kitchen is surely big.  Again, she fails to track her.  But, after a while, she manages to capture Emma in her soft blue uniform.  Easy to recognize because the other chefs and helpers here are in white.  Hesitates to shout, Ella walks towards her best friend.  Emma is quite busy in making sure the meals are in good condition to be served.  She lets Emma finishes her inspection and then pats her on her shoulder.

            “Emma, hi,” Ella says expressionless.

            “Eh, Ella!  Hi!  What are you doing here anyway?  You’re not supposed to enter the kitchen,” she says.

            “I’m looking for you,” Ella says, shrugging.

            “Why?  Something important?” Emma asks her.

            “Important for me,” Ella says.

            “Alright.  Wait for a while,” Emma says and she immediately walks to a young man which Isabella recognizes as the Chief of the Kitchen Department.  She talks to him.  Well, maybe giving a few instructions before she leaves the kitchen under the supervision of the young man.  Isabella waits for Emma until she approaches her.

            “Okay.  I’ve hand everything under his supervision, so I guess we can make our way out of here.  It is dangerous to talk in this busy working place.  Anything can happen,” Emma says expertly.  Looks like she is a person that very concern about safety.  Ella nods and follows her outside.

            “I think it will be more comfortable if we can speak inside my room,” Ella suggests.

            “Ermmm…looks like we are going to talk about your personal matter.  I’ll just follow.  You choose the place,” Emma says, agreeing to follow her friend into her room.

            They walk together to the room.  None of them are speaking.  Isabella is in no mood to speak about other things.  So, she just keeps silent.  While in Emma’s side, just looking at Ella’s expression she is able to know that her friend is in a serious mood.  So, it is better for her not to start any simple conversation between them.  They reach Ella’s room, which is beside the King’s room.  She opens the door and both of them step into the room.

            They sit on the couch.  Emma looks at her friend.  Isabella looks at her to.  Both of them exchanging glance.  Then, Isabella looks down onto the floor and next is all silence.  Emma waits for her to tell.  But, nothing she can hear from Ella until five minutes later, she sighs loudly.  Hearing that, Emma can predict the situation.  This must be quite a serious problem, at least for her.

            “So…what is the important thing for you that you want to share with me?” Emma asks her after a few minutes of silent.

            “Well…Emma…I’ve made my mind,” Ella says, looking at her dear friend.

            “Made your mind?  About what?” Emma asks her; not knowing what is she talking about.  No head, no tail, she told her nothing except that she has made up her mind on something Emma doesn’t know, or maybe she knew it.

            “Well…I want to end all this,” Ella says.

            “End?” she asks back but then, she remembers something that Ella told her before, “Wait, Ella.  Is this about that…I thought you were joking back then,” Emma says in disbelief.

            “Urmmm…I cannot stand it anymore…being here…I resigned,” Ella says with a sad tone.

            “No, Ella.  You can’t be serious,” Emma says, doesn’t want to believe her words.

            “I’m deadly serious about this,” Ella convinces Emma.  Emma slowly shakes her head.

            “I don’t believe it.  You’re joking.  You’re not serious,” Emma says, looking deep into Isabella’s eyes.  But, somehow she finds the truth there.

            “Emma…listen.  I’m not joking, I’m deadly serious about this and I’ve met my superior, Marshal Allan this morning and told him everything and the letter was given,” Ella says, looking back into Emma’s eyes.  Emma’s jaw drops and opens wide.  She just…can’t believe that.

 

-Flashback-

            Isabella stood in front of the door of her superior in the Army’s office.  Written there on the door was Marshal Allan Rider and at the bottom of the name was his position as Chief of Army.  She looked at it one more time and knocked on the door.  On the third knock, she heard a voice called for her to come in.

            “Come in!” it said.  It was the voice of the Chief, Marshal Alla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter