Chapter 5: I Didn't Expect That

Of Borders And Fences

 

Chapter 5: I Didn't Expect That

 

Junhyung wondered just what he was smoking when he agreed to this.

 

“I swear I make the world’s best pasta!”

 

Oh, right. That. No, not the pasta, just that hearing his voice makes Junhyung’s brain fly off the window. Junhyung mused that he could ask him to eat worms straight from the ground and with that voice, he could just agree to anything.

 

“Oh. You’re here,”

 

Junhyung felt as if he was staring death in the eye. The feeling is the same, plus a small feeling of awkwardness since death was currently shirtless. The young musician resisted the urge to bring his brows together and just give him a “What the ?” face. He was not getting insecure. Never. Insecurity is never in the ice prince’s vocabulary. Even though Doojoon’s abs are in plain sight with Junhyung’s bad beer stricken belly nicely tucked under his shirt, Junhyung swears with all his copyright riches that he is not feeling insecure.

 

“Uh, yeah, Hyunseung invited me over for dinner.”

 

“Yeah, I heard,”

 

Looking at him, standing by the door, hand gripping the knob, Junhyung noted that Doojoon seemed like he was resisting every urge in his body not to slam the door shut on his face.

 

“Uh… may I come in?”

 

I’m sure you want to say no.

 

“Is it him? Is he there?”

 

From the far side of the house, Junhyung heard the voice of his red haired muse. It gave him a light feeling, a creeping smile painted his lips and his eyes, only to be abruptly stopped when he saw Doojoon looking at him with his creeper stare. Still with his stare fixed on the boy, Doojoon appeared to muster his sweetest voice paired with the sweetest nickname, a condescending smile in place which appeared to say, “We’re this close and you’re not”.

 

“Yes, Seungie, your friend Chundoong is here~” in a sing song voice. Junhyung felt a bad nerve twitch on his forehead.

 

“That’s Junhyung,

 

“Yes, I heard, Junhong.

 

“You’re here! I thought you wouldn’t come!”

 

Junhyung perked as he saw the young man run to where they were, he looked relaxed and comfortable in his home, with a huge white shirt and his red shorts peering through the hems. The redhead reached his arms out for a hug, something which the man welcomed as he lingered with the touch a little longer – his peripheral vision only registering the burning aura Doojoon was manifesting. Junhyung had to admit he had clutched the boy a second longer just to show the taller man up.

 

When the redhead finally let go, his right hand still held Junhyung’s left, something which he acknowledge by rubbing his thumb on the boy’s fingers.

 

“I really thought you wouldn’t come, I was calling you but you weren’t answering,”

 

“Sorry, I dropped my phone and I couldn’t get it while driving so I just ran up here,”

 

Which is true though, he did run up the few steps of Hyunseung’s home, thinking he would be greeted by the boy. He didn’t really expect Doojoon to be there. He should have, Junhyung should have, risking a heart attack.

 

It felt like they were on a world of their own, with the boy greeting him warmly and just chattering away. Doojoon had become the least of his worries, at least until he in.

 

“Are you coming in, Junhong?” Doojoon shut the door quickly, Junhyung noted that had he not walked in faster, the taller man would have left him outside.

 

“That’s Junhyung,” he wondered if he was just plain stupid because doing this on purpose is getting pretty annoying.

 

“Oh, right, come in, come in!” Hyunseung pulled him in, with Junhyung finding their way into the couch.

 

The three sat on the living room quite comfortably,  at least it was comfortable as long as he could avoid Doojoon’s stares. He had to avert his eyes to someplace else, or just risk dying with the stabbing looks he was receiving. It wasn’t his fault that Hyunseung was still holding his hand, was it? But he was pretty guilty nonetheless, since the third time Hyunseung tried to release his hand, he gave it a light squeeze and the boy didn’t let go. The young musician was sure that should Hyunseung try to let go one more time – for the fourth time – he would, himself, refuse.

 

Junhyung noted how clean and warm the house felt. It felt… it felt like a home. It was far different from his sloppy apartment and from the huge cold building which his parents owned – one he used to call home. Everything in Hyunseung’s home was warm and neatly placed. It was not as big as his parent’s house or his apartment, but it felt like he could get used to a place like this.

 

“You’re so quiet, are you always like this? Pretty boring,” Doojoon mimicked a yawn… he was pretty bad at it, or maybe he was just mocking,

 

“Not exactly, just pretty awkward that’s all,” Junhyung answered as he sheepishly rubbed his thumb against Hyunseung’s fingers. If he’s going to mock him, why not mock him on points that would irritate him the most?

 

“Why?” Hyunseung asked, why would he be awkward when Hyunseung was around,

 

“Yeah, well, your friend here is…”

 

“Doo, are you shirtless again?”

 

“What?”

 

Junhyung snapped his head to turn to Hyunseung. He had dismissed the nickname, but the ‘shirtless again’ comment made him pretty uncomfortable.

 

“You are, aren’t you? Doo, we have companyyy,” he whined.

 

The young man wondered if Doojoon was accustomed being shirtless every minute of his waking life while walking inside the boy’s home.

 

“Yeah, well, how else are you going to know it’s me?” Doojoon said, as he rubbed his abs – something he was evidently proud of. Junhyung noted the condescending sneer Doojoon was giving Junhyung’s abs… or lack thereof. It made him pretty self conscious that he had to slowly inhale just to bring his stomach in.

 

“Go get a shirt,” Hyunseung commanded. It made Junhyung feel pretty insecure, seeing how close the two were.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Oh, are you wearing my shirt again?” he stated,

 

What.

 

Hyunseung let go of Junhyung’s hand feeling his shirt, the musician had to force a bad nosebleed back in as he saw the redhead feeling himself.

 

“I didn’t know it was yours, I just picked it up by the bed,”

 

“Yes, that’s mine, yours was on the other side,”

 

“Oh, doesn’t matter, I look good in it,”

 

“Yeah, but that was last night’s shirt, go get changed.”

 

The young musician had to force back whatever bad face he was making. Does he live here, too? Junhyung had too many thoughts in his head as he watched the redhead obediently walk off to change. He looked on as the young man bounced in the cutest of ways in his every step. He had to remind himself that he was thinking seriously, just to take his eyes off the young man.

 

He looked around to see frames and photos, it looked like Doojoon was in every single one of them. Heck, he even had one portrait there. Is this…Doojoon’s home? Or do they live together? Junhyung never heard Hyunseung mention Doojoon as his boyfriend, let alone someone he lived with. He heard stories of Doojoon burning food and other similar stories but he didn’t catch on moments where he did actually say they were together. Did his mind unconsciously just dismissed everything?

 

Junhyung’s thought lingered even further until he noticed that Doojoon was still sitting there, unmoving, looking at him with a very cold stare. The smaller man cleared his throat just to get him to do anything, something, but he just sat there – unfazed. He figured he should do the talking or they’d just stay there like corpses. So he muttered what he thought was logical,

 

“You… don’t like me, do you?”

 

“That’s… quite an understatement.”

 

Well, it’s not like that’s totally unexpected, is it?

 

---

 

Note: Update, finally! I hope you enjoy this chapter : )