Chapter 8

Genius meets Derp [Hiatus *le bows*]

This was actually the first time that Sirae would go to a park after years. Her mom doesn't like her going to places like this. She said it was dangerous and it was a complete waste of time. So when they got there, it was all so new to her. She didn't know and she didn't care if she looked like a little kid who just got to an amusement park for a long time. She missed it. And she has to admit, the place was beautiful. 

 

She walked with Chanyel with a little distance between them. Her infront and Chanyeol following closely behind. Then, something made of horses caught her attention. And made Chanyeol bump onto her back.

 

"Hey--ow. What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked. He followed her gaze and saw the merry-go-round. "Oh, you wanna ride on that?" He asked. 

 

Actually, Sirae didn't know. She thought it was exciting to ride it but she didn't know if it was safe, let alone ride-able. And she hasn't ridden one for ten years. So she was excited to see one. 

 

"Hey, Sirae.  Hello?" Chanyeol said waving in front of her face. "Anything wrong?" 

 

"Oh...uhm...nothing." She said and looked away. "Let's just go--"

 

"You wanna ride that horse thingy?" He asked making gestures with his hands. 

 

Sirae chuckled at the gesture. "It's called a merry-go-round, Chanyeol-ssi" She said with a soft smile. 

 

"Psh. Genius." He whispered. "Well, you wanna ride that merry-go round?" 

 

Did she? Did she want to? A part of her said yes but a part of her was afraid. She hadn't ridden it for years and she was nervous. She knows it's just a small thing but....

 

"Naah. It's a waste of time. Come on, let's find the others." She said, grasped Chanyeol's wrist and pulled but he won't budge.

 

Knowing that Sirae was clutching him, and he knew he was stronger, he walked to the merry-go-round practically dragging Sirae. 

 

"Chanyeol-ssi, what are you doing?" She said as she let go of Chanyeol's wrist. 

 

Chanyeol sensed this and grasped Sirae's wrist and dragged her to the ride. "I know you wanna ride there. You're just afraid." 

 

"I'm not afraid. What would I be afraid of?" She said and let out a nervous chuckle. 

 

"Don't worry. I'll be there with you." Chanyeol muttered. 

 

They went in line and Sirae was panicking. She didn't know what to do. She was trapped between velvet ropes, a stranger in front of her, and Chanyeol behind her. 

 

She tried to make a run for it. She ran to the sides but a pair of arms caught her by the waist. 

 

"Whoops, you're not going anywhere." Chanyeol muttered with his deep voice. Sirae thought, 'Wow, that is really creepy.'

 

"Just let me go, Chanyeol-ssi. Please." She pleaded. 

 

"I'm not that old. And plus, we're close. So no more -ssi's okay? It makes me feel old." He said. "And no, I'm not gonna let you go, ever." He whispered. Sirae wasn't sure about what he meant. She didn't know if it was said literally or figuratively. 

 

"Let's  just go somewhere else. We could eat! My treat." Sirae tried to convince. But it didn't work. Even if she used food. Chanyeol still had a nice grip around her waist. 

 

"Next please!" The man said. 

 

Chanyeol and Sirae walked--well, Chanyeol did. He just pushed Sirae and held her waist-again-to stop her from running away. 

 

"Ah! Such a nice couple you two are, yes. You two fit each other well." The man said. 

 

Sirae was confused. Why would people even think about them being together. She was not oblivious to the way Chanyeol held her. She felt his arms around her. She just didn't mind. Or she chose not to mind it for she was comfortable.

 

"Just go right in and find you place. The man said with a smile. 

 

Sirae didn't want to ride the horse. She wanted to ride the carriage. Like the one in Cinderella. But someone was already in there. Then all of a sudden, she was carried and put onto the horse. 

 

"What the--? Chanyeol! What are you--"

 

"Don't worry. You won't fall. I'll hold on to you." He whisepered. 

 

The ride went on slow at first. Then eventually, turned fast. But not too fast. 

 

Sirae was panicking. She didn't know what to do. There were lot of thoughts going through her mind:

 

"I'm going to fall!"

 

"Im going to fly away!" 

 

"I'm gonna die here."

 

"SOMEONE HELP ME!"

 

Yes, she knows she's over reacting. She just couldn't help it. Her emotions were all a mix-up. She felt scared, yet happy. She was afraid, yet content. 

 

"Stop being so stiff." Chanyeol chuckled and held her hands as the ride went along. "You're not going to fall. I got you." He added.

 

"I-I'm not being stiff." She countered. 

 

"Then you're nervous." Chanyeol said with a smile.

 

"A-am not." She explained. 

 

"Yes you are."

 

"Am not."

 

"Are too."

 

"Am not."

 

"Stop denying it." He said with a laugh.

 

Just then, a sudden jolt from the ride shook Sirae and made her fall from the mechanical horse. This was what she was afraid of. Falling into something hard. She braced for the impact. She didn't dare cry. She was infront of a cute guy. She might look weak but she as sure won't let a cute guy see her cry. 

 

She was preparing for the hard floor when she felt something soft instead. It didn't hurt as much as she thought it would. It didn't hurt at all. Not even a pinch.

 

"Aw man. You okay, Sirae?" Chanyeol said and helped Sirae up. "You fell off. You alright?" He asked.

 

It turns out that Chanyeol had his arms around Sirae the whole ride. He was prepared. He anticipated the bump and when it had, his arms automatically tightened around her waist and he catched her as she fell down. 

 

"H-huh? I'm okay." She said and stood beside the horse. 'I knew this was a bad idea.'

 

She heard a snicker, which soon turned into a chuckle, then eventually became a laugh. Chanyeol was laughing. 

 

"What?" She said with a small smile.

 

"How could you fall of a horse?" He said while laughing, clutching his stomach.

 

"There was a bump, alright?" Sirae said as she flushed. 

 

"Your face was so--.......HAHAHA" Chanyeol said as he laughed. 

 

There were lots of choices. 

 

"...ugly"

 

"...funny"

 

"...fugly"

 

But it wasn't the answer she expected. 

 

"...cute." He said still laughing. Did she just heard right?

 

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

 

Okay. Me is le sleepy now. But since I love  you guys, I gave you one. I don't know if it's longish or something, I don't know xD. 

 

Any grammatical errors or typos, I apologize. It's late and I really don't want to re-read it xDD

 

Comment, Subscribe ME LOVES YOU!!!