Chapter XXXIII - End - Behind the Doors

Let Me Be The One

 “Jeez, took you guys long enough,” Hyun joong said, as Vivian and Jung min walked towards where Yume and Hyun joong were standing.

“Did you guys wait for a long time?” Vivian asked.

“No we just got here. Hyun joong’s exaggerating everything,” Yume said bluntly. “Anyway, Vivian! Where are we gonna go?”

 “The place with food…of course!” Vivian answered.

“Café de Chocolaté~” Jung min finished.

“Yeah!” Vivian exclaimed.

“What? That’s boring,” Yume complained.

Hyun joong laughed at her comment. “There’s a lot to do there. More than you think.” Hyun joong looked at Yume and then started laughing again.

               
Entering the café again, the chocolate smell drifted into all of our souls. Instantly, Yume ordered many dishes of random sweets, including the cheesecake she never got to eat.

They sat down in the seats that they sat in on the first day of school. The dishes were quickly served to them and finally, they ate the food in peace. After indulging enough sugary, luscious foods, Hyun joong talked about the hidden room in the café. The room in which Hyun joong told Yume not to open when she was about to. The closed, secretive room in the ‘Employees Only’ room. Jung min knew what it was inside, but Vivian and Yume were left hanging.

“What is it?!” Vivian asked impatiently, just like Yume.

“Well…if you really want to know…” Hyun joong said, getting up and walking towards the ‘Employees Only’ room.

The four of them walked in, surprising Vivian at how comfy and intimate it looked.

“Wow…” Vivian said in awe.

“Yeah. That’s why there’s more than you think,” Hyun joong said. “Well…only Jung min and I are allowed come in, and any people we come with.”

“I still don’t get why,” Yume said.

“Jung min’s relative owns this. So it’s pretty obvious why,” Hyun joong explained.

“Dude, this is one huge TV,” Vivian said, staring at the, no doubt, huge plasma TV in the middle of the room. Although the room wasn’t that big, it looked much bigger with the TV attached on the wall.

  “What do you expect from Jung min?” Yume teased.

Yume then turned around and faced the door with mischievous eyes. She was going to get to know what was inside today. Rushing up to the door, she turned the knob—only to find out it was locked…of course.

  Open the door!” Yume yelled at Hyun joong. “You made me all curious about it too.”

“I never said I’d let you guys in,” he teased.

“YOU IMPLIED IT!” Yume howled, looking like she could strangle him now.

Hyun joong laughed and shook his head, “Don’t assume things too quickly.”

“It’s okay Yume,” Vivian patted Yume’s back calmly. “We’ll get in there somehow.”

Flames started glowing out of the two’s eyes, targeting to the locked door.

 “Aish, Yume is such a bad influence on Vivian,” Jung min said, siding with Hyun joong.

               

Vivian and Yume were determined to find out what was behind that door. It didn’t seem like Hyun joong and Jung min wanted them to know, but they weren’t freaking out.

Is it a whole stash of awesome food? Yume thought. Is it a secret, even cooler and more awesome room like this? Vivian thought.

Oh no. Wait…what if it’s a stash of…inappropriate stuff they put in there to make fun of us? Yume realized. And that’s why they’re not trying hard to keep us away??? Whispering her sudden thinking to Vivian, she only responded, “You’re being too paranoid.” Yume still had their doubts though—and therefore, she felt a part of her that she should really listen to sometimes.

Meanwhile, Hyun joong and Jung min were quietly conversing to each other as well. After a while, the two stood in the room silently as they watched two girls trying to break into a locked room: which, of course, was hilarious. At last, the two guys decided there really wouldn’t be any harm in letting them know what was inside…right?
As Jung min went to look for the key, Yume and Vivian anxiously waited.

“It’s not that big of a deal is it? This secret room?” Vivian asked.

“What? You guys were the one who’s making this a big deal,” Hyun joong answered.

“So that means no.”

“No, this room is a big deal,” Hyun joong differed.

“Then you could just say no,” Yume scorned. “It’s…not anything bad is it?”

Hyun joong laughed and answered, “What the hell were you thinking?”

When the door opened, it was an “even cooler and more awesome room” than the ‘Only Employees’ room. It didn’t look like the sweet, warm café they saw a few seconds ago. The room was more modernly styled, with another TV on the wall, surrounded by a line of black leather couches including a glass table in the middle. There were also many game consoles and bookshelves filled with incomprehensible things. Nothing seemed to be wrong, which made the Vivian and Yume wonder why they didn’t let them in at first.

“I don’t get what’s so special that you would need to lock the room,” Yume said.

Hyun joong and Jung min laid on the couches loosening up. Vivian and Yume took a closer look around the room. Before long, Jung min explained that this is where Hyun joong and he hung out a lot after they became closer with each other. Then instantly, Vivian shouted in glee, holding out a black binder from the cabinet she was looking through. Turned out that it was a simple photobook of the two, starting from a few years back. Hyun joong said that this was the reason that they didn’t want anyone else to come into the room—unless they both trusted someone enough. Vivian's heart fluttered as she thought about the fact that Jung min and her are so close right now. Yume smiled at the thought that Hyun joong, her worst enemy from that day, turned out to be someone she couldn't live without anymore.

“There should be another binder somewhere there,” Jung min said, after they were done looking through. “But it’s a thin binder, so it’s kinda hard to find.”

Nevertheless, Vivian and Yume rapidly rushed back over to the cabinet where Vivian found the first photobook. Rummaging messily at the various books, videos and CD’s, finding another binder was futile. Suddenly, Yume gasped and slammed half of the cabinet. Vivian, curious at what Yume found, reopened the cabinet, made a shocked face and closed the cabinet entirely.

“Well, Yume,” Vivian said, turning herself towards the two guys, but looking at Yume. “That was awkward.”

“That totally destroyed their image…” Yume sighed.

“No…you can believe them being like that. Just that, it’s weirder when you’re right.”

“I was right! Oh my gosh, let’s pretend we didn’t see anything.”

“We can hear you…” Hyun joong interrupted.

“What did you guys see?” Jung min asked, sounding worried.

“Ahem—we didn’t see anything,” Yume faked a smile.

“So yeah, we can’t find the other binder. It doesn’t really matter though right, Yume?” Vivian also faked innocence.

Hyun joong got up and walked over to the cabinet. The two tried pushing him away, saying that he shouldn’t open the cabinet because it would make an extremely troublesome atmosphere. Unfortunately, Hyun joong said that he could care less, and when he opened it, there was silence for a few seconds.

 Hyun joong then closed the cabinet without taking anything out, turned around and said, “They’re Jung min’s.”

“What? It’s my fault?” Jung min complained. “What is it anyway?!”

Hyun joong leaned himself on the couch by placing his elbows on it and tried to play it off nicely by smiling and saying, “Your. Absolutely. Inappropriate. Movies.”

Jung min was pretty much speechless. He had thought that he hidden them well enough…which was something he and Hyun joong were talking about before letting Vivian and Yume in.

“Those? Hahaha…” Jung min laughed, avoiding eye contact. “Yeah, about that…”

Vivian and Yume stared at him with their arms crossed, waiting for an explanation.

 “THEY’RE HYUN JOONG’S!” He accused Hyun joong back. “He’s the one talking about and—”

Hyun joong dropped his mouth open in shock and glared at Jung min, interrupting him. “What the hell are you talking about?!”

“Save it, you two,” Vivian rolled his eyes.

 

Yume sat next to Vivian and suddenly blurted out, changing the whole conversation, “I’m kinda hungry now…”

“Are you actually hungry, or are you just saying that because you’re bored?” Hyun joong skeptically asked.

She squinted her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. “I’m hungry!”

“Well…I’m kinda bored. Other than this room being really awesomely decorated, there’s more than just sitting around to do right?” Vivian asked.

“Of course,” Jung min smiled brightly. “Like watching ‘interesting’ movies.”

“Yeah…Yume, we’re leaving,” Vivian joked, pulling Yume to leave.

“Joking~” Jung min clarified, flashing an innocent, dazzling smile.

Just like that, they spent their days with each other happily, not worrying about too much until they finally part. Physically of course. Mentally, in each of the four of them, they were in each other’s minds always.

 

 

author's note~
OMG! WE'RE SO SORRY WE HAVEN'T UPDATED IN 2 AND A HALF MONTHES. T-T Thank you so much guys for your patience and support! :D This story is finally completed! Please look forward to our upcoming fanfics too~ <33