01.

l o v e is i n t h e a i r | | w o o m i n; o n e s h o t

I walked to my locker with Jiyeon. I opened my locker then putted my history book. I checked my schedule for today. “I have math after lunch.” I mumbled. “I have math too. We will be in the same class!” Jiyeon said excitedly and I just nodded. Before I could close the door of my locker, I found a blue envelope. Jiyeon peeked me since her locker was exactly next to mine.

“What is that?” she asked and I shrugged

“Who knows?” I opened the envelope and took out the blue paper. I closed my locker and so did Jiyeon. I walked to the cafeteria with her while reading the paper.

“It’s a love letter.” Jiyeon clapped her hands.

“It’s my second time I got this.” I sighed and folded the letter again.

“Give it to me. I want to read.” Jiyeon took away the envelope and read it

“He’s so sweet…” Jiyeon daydreamed about that guy who sent me the letter

“Then date him.”

“I have Myungsoo oppa.” She smiled proudly of her boyfriend. I rolled my eyes and kept on walking. We arrived at the cafeteria and I grabbed my bread. We sat on our usual seats with Myungsoo. But I haven’t seen him today.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” I asked Jiyeon while eating my bread

“Mr. Lee called him. He will come back soon.” Just after 5 minutes we talked about Myungsoo, he came to us and brought his soup.

“Hi Jiyeon babe.” Myungsoo sat next to her. I was disgusted by their lovey dovey. It’s not like I hate them to be a couple. I’m just not into too romantic stuffs even if I like it too, a bit.

“Hey guys. Do it somewhere else okay? I don’t want to puke after eating my bread.”

They rolled their eyes and ignored me. They fed each other like couple usually does. I sometimes envy them. I want to have a boyfriend that loves me truly. Some people might say I’m pretty. But no one seems interests to me, except for the sender of the love letter. I wondered who it was…

I left the couple alone and walked back to my locker to get my math book. I was bumped into someone while I was on my way to my class. Poor the glasses of mine.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized since I didn’t focus on my way but the person that I bumped into even scolded me. “You better use your eyes, nerd. You still can’t see clearly even you use your glasses? Poor you.” Okay. She was too much. I was a hot-tempered person. I won’t let people win if they are wrong.

“Sorry Miss. I knew it was my fault since I didn’t focus on my way. But I apologized to you and nothing happened right? So, what’s the problem now?”

“You said nothing happened? Look at my skin! My skin was scratched by the cover of your book!”

I rolled my eyes in annoy. “I’m sorry. Do you want me to take you to the nurse room?” I tried to be nice here but she kept on blaming me. “No! I don’t want to walk with you. People might think we are friends. I don’t want you to break my reputation.”

Don’t start a fight. I warned you.

“Okay now excuse me.”

“Hey! Where are you going?”

“I’m going to my class.”

“I won’t let you go that easy.”

“I apologized. So what do you want?”

“I want you to be my servant, at least one week.” I walked back to her and stepped closer while whispering with my evil glare. “What did you say?”

“I-“

“Can’t you just stop talking and tell me what to do? It’s not like you are my mother or someone! Before I release my anger, I suggest you to leave me alone.” I thought she was scared so she walked away. I sighed. The queen of the school is always like that. It’s not like they’re the real Queen.

I shook my head and walked straight to my class. I placed my on my seat and waited for the teacher to come.

-

This day was finally end. Tomorrow is Saturday. I can have my laptop fully in this day. I walked to my locker with Jiyeon and Myungsoo to get my bag and go home. I and Jiyeon didn’t go home together today since she said she wanted to go out with her boyfriend. I was a loner here.

When I walked out of the school, I bumped into someone again. Oh gosh. I hope this one won’t be rude like the last one.

“I’m sorry.”

The answer was unexpected

“It’s okay.” The guy even helped me to get up. “Thanks Woohyun-sshi” I smiled as I know the person. He’s the most wanted guy, the cutest and hottest in this school. Unfortunately, he’s a playboy and break girls’ hearts. I hate playboy.

“No problem.” He said and I just nodded. I bowed to him and left. I didn’t know if he’s so kind. It’s not like I fell for his charm. I just respected him.

“I’m home.” I took off my shoes and took a bath. I got my dinner and did my routine.

 

I and Woohyun got closer day by day. I mean, we weren’t stranger anymore or friends. Yes. We weren’t friends. We were just classmate.

“Annyeong Woohyun-sshi” I greeted him in a polite way.

“Annyeong.” He greeted me back and chatted with the girls again.

I took my book and studied the math because I have a test today. But what made me uncomfortable is I felt someone kept on staring at me. I ignored the thoughts and back to my book.

“Hyomin!” I was shocked because someone popped out of nowhere and tapped my shoulders. “What the-“ she grinned and sat next to me. “Hey. Back to your seat now! Teacher is coming.”

“I don’t care” I rolled my eyes and continued reading. “Park Jiyeon-sshi. Back to your seat.” I laughed. The teacher was really coming. She pouted and walked away.

“So… Let’s start the test now.”

 

“Hey Hyomin-sshi. How is your test?” Woohyun suddenly appeared and took a chair to sit next to me. “Oh? I think I was doing well. It’s not as hard as I thought.” I chuckled and packed my things. I felt his stare on mine.

“Um, excuse me?” I waved my hand in front of him to get his attention.

“Ne? What?”

“You were lost in your thought”

“Oh really?” I laughed along with him. I stopped as I felt some girls glared at me. It’s not like I’m afraid of them. I’m just lazy to talk to es like them. I’m better get going.

“Sorry Woohyun-sshi. Can you please excuse me?” he nodded and let me got out of the class. When I opened my locker again, an envelope fell again. It was been a week since I received the last one.

 

It said,

Hyomin! Good luck with your Math test! I know you can do it! Well, I know you are smart but I still want to support you. ^_^

How did he know if I had math test? Wow. He’s such a stalker. Well, he’s not called Hyomin’s secret-admirer for nothing. I approached Jiyeon to ask her about the project that our teacher gave us after the test.

“Yah Jiyeon! How could you!”

“What?” she asked innocently while eating her burger. “I want you to be my partner!” I pouted but she just laughed. “Sorry Hyomin-ah. I’m going to do it with Myungsoo.” I smiled bitterly because I didn’t know who I should ask for being my partner since I didn’t know people that much. “That’s okay. But, who should I ask to be my partner?” she seemed think for awhile. “Why don’t you ask Woohyun-sshi since I think he didn’t have any partner?”

 

Well, I would ask him later. I hope he accepts my offer. I was walking to the library because I want to borrow some biology books. But I was stopped by a girl group, the most popular one, APink.

 

“What do you want?” I asked boldly. I saw the girl that bumped into me last week. Chorong is her name.

“Oh look who is here.” The leader, that Chorong girl stepped closer. “It’s me, Park Hyomin. From the class IX Section A.” I smirked and I could tell she was irritated. “Yah! How could you say something like that? Don’t be so proud of yourself because you are in the Section A.” Eunji shouted at me. I smirked. “Isn’t that better to be proud of the good grades instead of proud of your fakeness?” Naeun, who is called the prettiest princess here was about to slap me. She’s not the prettiest to me. Jiyeon is.

“Don’t dare you to land a dirty hand of yours on her precious cheek”

I was speechless.

Someone is helping me?

I opened my eyes and my jaw dropped open. “Jessica?!”

“Oh hi dear!” she smiled brightly.

“Now go before I break your hand, you badass.” Now the Ice Princess is speaking. The girls ran away like chicks that lost their mom.

“Jessica! Do you know how much I missed you? Oh my god. When did you arrive here? Who accompanied you here? How is your boyfriend? Are you okay in California?” I’m sure people might think my dream is to be a reporter. Oh no. My dream is to be a singer and dancer.

“Yah! Can’t you ask one by one?” she sighed and shook her head.

“Okay. So, when did you arrive?” I asked the first question

“Yesterday in the midnight.”

“Why you didn’t tell me?! By the way, who accompanied you here?”

“I wanted to surprise you! Um, it’s my parents and oppa.”

“How is your boyfriend?” I asked again. His boyfriend used to be my first love back then.

“Donghae oppa is fine.”

“Are you okay in California?”

“Of course yes, duh.” She rolled her eyes

“So, what are you doing here?” Yeah. What was she doing?

“Can’t I visit my beautiful sister?” to your information, she was my cousin. My favorite cousin. People say we are look alike. I agree with them.

“Of course you can. I mean, why don’t you just wait at home?”

“I can’t wait to see you!” I chuckled and walked with her to the library.

“People might say we are look alike. But you’re too good. I mean, you are really a good girl. You should learn how to be a bad girl sometimes.” Jessica said proudly and I laughed.

“I prefer to be myself.”

“Same as the old Hyomin that I know.” She wrapped her arms around my neck and sat on the desks with me.

 

“Yah. Don’t you feel bored?” she asked while playing with my pencil. “Nope. Why?”

“This is boring.”

“Then just go home.” I stuck out my tongue and she pouted.

“Oh I forgot! Where’s Jiyeon?”

“Hyomin, I-“ I looked at Jiyeon who was beside me.

“What?”

“Can I borrow your pencil?”

“Sure. By the way, someone wanted to meet you.”

“Who?” I called Jessica who bended her head down to find something

“Hey sis.” I called her

“What- OH JIYEON!”

“JESSICA UNNIE!”

“Sshhh!” the librarian told us to keep silent. It was not my fault. They nodded and apologized

“Don’t call me unnie, Jiyeon! I feel so old.”

“But you are older!”

“Aish… Up to you.”

 

“See you at home unnie.” I waved at Jessica and she faked cry

“Yah! I still miss you!” she whined. She’s so childish. Immature.

“Jessica. I have to attend my biology subject. The killer teacher will kill me.”

“Fine. But promise me. You have to come back as soon as possible, okay?” I nodded and back to my class.

“Oh I’m sorry that I’m late, Ms. Park.” She glared at me. “Back to your seat.” I nodded and ran to my seat. Phew. That was close one.

 

“Dismissal.” The bell was ringing out loud. I wanted to go home as soon as possible so I could meet Jessica. “Hyomin-ah. Can I go to your house?” Jiyeon asked and walked to the locker with me. “Sure.”

I saw Woohyun standing in front of the gate of the school. Was he always standing there?

 

I remembered something.

 

My project.

 

“Jiyeon-ah! I remembered I have something to do, today. Can you tell Jessica that I’m sorry?” she frowned. “What? What happen?” I shook my head. Even if she was the one who gave me this suggestion, I still didn’t want to tell her.

“Just tell her okay?” she nodded and walked away. I sighed. I approached him slowly. “Woohyun-sshi.”

“Oh? Hyomin-sshi. What’s up?”

“Um, may I ask you?”

“Sure. What is it?”

“Do you have a partner for the math project already?” I asked nervously

“Oh, I have one.” I was so shocked. But…

“But Jiyeon said-“

“Chorong is my partner.”

“Oh.” I was so annoyed when he said the ‘Chorong’ name.

“Thank you then. It seems like I have to do it all alone.” I muttered and walked away.

“Hey wait!”

I turned to him. “What?”

I frowned as he smiled. “I’m just kidding. Can I take you as my partner?”

-

I was sitting on a comfortable couch. I never thought Woohyun has such a mansion like this. “What do you like to drink?” he smiled. “Just water is enough.” I said simply and took out the math book. “Hot chocolate is okay?” he asked. Since it’s my favorite, I nodded.

“Wait for a minute.”

He walked to the kitchen and back with a tray. He placed the cups on the table gently.

“Thank you, Woohyun-sshi.”

“Yeah.”

We did the project well. It was actually me who did the most. I also borrowed his laptop. I saw a folder, written, ‘My Girl’

I chuckled.

He should name it with ‘My Girls’

When I was about to open it, Woohyun came out of the toilet. I quickly closed it and browsed again. “Is it done?” he asked. I shook my head without looking at him.

“Hey… I never realize if you are so pretty.” He said and sat next to me

I just kept silent. I can’t take that as a compliment since I know it’s just his trick to make me fall. But hell no! I won’t fall for him.

I was lost in my thought. I snapped back to the reality as I felt his breathe on my neck. He was just a few inches in front of me because I turned to him. I stared at him deeply.

 

He smirked and said, “Park Hyomin… You are interesting…

 

 

… Be my girlfriend”

 

 

 

 

I decided to make it as twoshot since it's too long OTL -follow me: @mee_l1